Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinbad
    • Dec 2009

ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• dunglan7
      • Sep 2010

^ Nice. I assume that's a cbr1000?

Comment

• sinbad
        • Dec 2009

Exactly!! I love Ducati and CBR
        It really cool.
        ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

The original badass:

1948 Vincent Black Shadow.

Doesn't get any better.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

^ "Maybe this is the new Café Racer macho. My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?"
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Kaaos
              • Nov 2009

one day perhaps...?!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                ^ "Maybe this is the new Café Racer macho. My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?"
                Haha, yes that seems to be the thing these days. I'm a big fan of OG bikes like the Vincents because they don't look dated.

Recently discovered that there are multiple organizations/companies that produce every part needed on the bike and you can actually build one from the ground up. I've put in inquiries to find out the cost of this and if there are manuals/resources to help you. It would be quite a fun undertaking!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  Haha, yes that seems to be the thing these days. I'm a big fan of OG bikes like the Vincents because they don't look dated.

Recently discovered that there are multiple organizations/companies that produce every part needed on the bike and you can actually build one from the ground up. I've put in inquiries to find out the cost of this and if there are manuals/resources to help you. It would be quite a fun undertaking!
                  Might as well build a shovel. can make a frame out of sand, some pipe, and bolts as long as you can strike an arc and not contaminate your tungsten and dip metal into a puddle you've got yourself a tig weld.

baker trans and some maintince parts here and there throttle tube, cables, pedals , chains and what not you have a bike.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post
                    Might as well build a shovel. can make a frame out of sand, some pipe, and bolts as long as you can strike an arc and not contaminate your tungsten and dip metal into a puddle you've got yourself a tig weld.

baker trans and some maintince parts here and there throttle tube, cables, pedals , chains and what not you have a bike.
                    Some companies produce full-on kits a la kit car style with everything inclusive. It's not an impossible undertaking and requires less space than doing a car resto which I've done before.

Certainly I'm not saying doing it completely from scratch. Frames, Forks, etc would all be purchased. Again, in the very much infant stages of looking into this.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Some companies produce full-on kits a la kit car style with everything inclusive. It's not an impossible undertaking and requires less space than doing a car resto which I've done before.

Certainly I'm not saying doing it completely from scratch. Frames, Forks, etc would all be purchased. Again, in the very much infant stages of looking into this.
                      yeah, i had ripped my ducati 748 down to the bare frame, made a 996 track bike out of it. couple car builds here and there.

If i had unlimited time, i'd definitely build a bike the old school way.
                      oxy-acetylene torch, fill a tube with sand, make a jig out of scrap steel and bolts and have at it.

Have a miller dynasty 200DX sitting idly next to a snap-on box for 2 years now haha

Comment

• BlackLeatherKelly
                        • Jan 2009

Anyone see a resemblance between the Ducati Dieval and Moto Guzzi's 1998 Centauro?

Comment

• nadir
                          • May 2011

Whilst I could never say no to a ducati (except today - I just broke both wrists on my CBR600RR ), putting together a Triton cafe racer would be amazing...

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

^I'm sorry to hear that. That makes two of us injured. How did yours happen? And how long are you out for?
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

It better come in black.

Comment

• gavagai
                                • May 2010

Lots of really cute bikes in this thread but if you want something a little tougher looking this is your bike:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎