Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

One of my friends lent me his blu-ray of HighLander anime movie. I saw it long time and I re-watched it today, so amazing ! For thoses don't know, I highly recommend to watch.

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by tron View Post
      I'm such a big Junji fan... probably my favorite mangaka
      http://slug-chicks.blogspot.ca/ translates a lot of his obscure short stories. I'm pretty sure uzumaki is his longest work (other than Tomie because it spans many stories) I really reccommend reading his short story collections though as they are bizarre and haunting. Black paradox is one of my favorites (and my blog )
      ha! yeah, I just finished reading those yesterday. some of them are quite good indeed. I will see if I can find Tomie!

I also read the one where the earth quake creates holes in the mountains, which was really awesome too. but yeah, short story.

thanks!

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

Originally posted by munch View Post
        I just finished reading Junji Ito's "Uzumaki". incredible.
        if anyone knows it, are there any other longer stories like this one? I am craaaaving more of it!
        not for the weak of heart.

now when you have endured that, is this more like it?

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

haha! seen the first one before actually. shame I don't understand korean.
          the second one I dunno what to say to... :D

managed to find Tomie, so I'm reading that one now!

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

finished reading both Tomie and Gyo. Gyo was reallyyy good, even better than Uzumaki in my opinion. a lot more sci-fi than Uzumaki which I think is great. Tomie was so-so, but not meant to be just one book... which was a bit disappointing. but some of the short stories were awesome.

Comment

• tron
              • Dec 2010

finished reading both Tomie and Gyo. Gyo was reallyyy good, even better than Uzumaki in my opinion. a lot more sci-fi than Uzumaki which I think is great. Tomie was so-so, but not meant to be just one book... which was a bit disappointing. but some of the short stories were awesome.
              there was a Gyo anime done earlier this year. Really good animation but a poor reworking of the story. I'd still recommend watching it though
              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• elephantstone
                • Jan 2011

ha! yeah, I just finished reading those yesterday. some of them are quite good indeed. I will see if I can find Tomie!

I also read the one where the earth quake creates holes in the mountains, which was really awesome too. but yeah, short story.

thanks!
                I guess you mean The Enigma of Amigara Fault
                That's probably my favorite Junji piece...Gives me creeps everytime I read

Comment

• elephantstone
                  • Jan 2011

Consider Tomie is one of his earliest works, it's understandable the lack of quality on storytelling......While she just reborn time and time again there's really no logic behind (unlike some of his other pieces)...

GYO is awesome btw.....My first ever Junji piece, got hook since then

Comment

• elephantstone
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by tron View Post
                    there was a Gyo anime done earlier this year. Really good animation but a poor reworking of the story. I'd still recommend watching it though
                    Truth be told I hate the adapted version....Beautiful art work yes but nothing else is remotely on par with the original work....More like a soap opera with sci-fi settings.....If my memory serves me right there isn't even blood shown on the anime??

There's also one(or several) Tomie movies released years ago......Sucked even more... It's just hard to recreate the creepy ambience of his work

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

I agree with you for sure. I think there may have been some blood but it certainly wasn't as dark as Junji's work. All the live action movies are terrible though... Uzumaki being one of the worst offenders.
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

yeah The Enigma of Amigara Fault was the name indeed.
                        hmm okay, I will see if I can find the Gyo anime. actually did read some quick reviews on Tomie and it does indeed seem pretty bad. are there any other writers I should look for, for similar stuff?
                        thanks!

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Dragon Ball Z is back. New movie announced for 2013 !

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Can't wait! I wonder which saga it will be set around.

Comment

• droussin
                              • Oct 2011

mononoke is hands down one of my favorite series just all around excellent in terms of story and art direction and those last 3 episodes are just some of the best storytelling ive seen anywhere

has anyone watched the new lupin anime starring fujiko? its very interesting animations top notch and the whole tone of it sticks very close to the original manga

(its also VERY sexual)
                              what is black?
                              an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
                              -Martin Margiela

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

I really liked the new Lupin (Mine fujiko) despite it being rife with fan service it was just bizarre and entrancing enough to hold my attention. The animation style is gorgeous too... one of the nicest I've seen in a long while

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎