they don’t have books, don’t fuck them.

- John Waters
      Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Acéphale
        • Apr 2010

« How could we know that we are forerunners, if the message which ought to make of us messengers is ahead of us by an eternity, condemning us to be eternally tardy?

We are precursors, running along outside of ourselves, out in front of ourselves; when we arrive, our time is past already, and the course of things interrupted. »

- Maurice Blanchot
        ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Acéphale View Post
          « How could we know that we are forerunners, if the message which ought to make of us messengers is ahead of us by an eternity, condemning us to be eternally tardy?

We are precursors, running along outside of ourselves, out in front of ourselves; when we arrive, our time is past already, and the course of things interrupted. »

- Maurice Blanchot
          So, The time is now ?

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

Found this quote but I don't remember where, I think it was by La Rochefoucauld :
            « Il était son propre obstacle et se trouvait sans cesse sur son chemin »

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall. - Eleanor Roosevelt
              ballsy & brilliant, if you ask me.
              sain't

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

'We are concerned about looking good and we are afraid about how to do this. But when you look at what people actually wear you wonder why they are concerned at all. The gap between our ideas about how we look and what this says about us, and what most people wear and what clothing can now signify is vast, and this gap is at once tragic and pathetic'

- Andrew Hill, 'People Dress so Badly Nowadays'
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

syed - that's a very epic, definitive statement. talk about investing his words with grandeur, even by my standards... that guy would do great as a traveling talker.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Acéphale
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                    been meaning to read l'arrêt de mort forever. soon, soon.
                    from l'arrêt de mort | death sentence

« I have lost silence, and the regret I feel over that is immeasurable. I cannot describe the pain that invades a man once he has begun to speak. It is a motionless pain, that is itself pledged to muteness; because of it, the unbreathable is the element I breathe. I have shut myself up in a room, alone, there is no one in the house, almost no one outside, but this solitude has itself begun to speak, and I must in turn speak about this speaking solitude, not in derision, but because a greater solitude hovers above it, and above that solitude, another still greater, and each, taking the spoken word in order to smother it and silence it, instead echoes it to infinity, and infinity becomes its echo. »

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

... So much innocence and
                      so much perversity, so
                      much severity and so
                      much impropriety, an
                      imagination so ingenuous
                      and a mind so erudite ...

- Maurice Blanchot on Pierre Klossowski Le rire des Dieux(1965)
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• klangspiel
                        • Apr 2007

"Knowing is enough to mislead us. As if knowledge were given to us only so we could know what we cannot bear to know."

M. Blanchot

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                          • Dec 2010

My roll is to rock Jimmy Page

The brave may not live forever, but the wary do not live at all.
                          "My Roll is to Rock"
                          -Jimmy Page

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

Continued ...

The leap is inspiration's form or movement. This form or this movement makes inspiration unjustifiable. But in this form or movement inspiration also comes into its own: its principal characteristic is affirmed in this inspiration which is at the same time and from the same point of view lack of inspiration, creative force and aridity intimately confounded. Hölderlin undergoes the rigors of this condition when he endures poetic time as the time of distress, when the gods are lacking but where God's default helps us: Gottes Fehl hilft. Mallarmé, whom sterility tormented and who shut himself into it with heroic resolve, also recognized that this deprivation did not express a simple personal failing, did not signify that he was deprived of the work, but announced his encounter with the work, the threatening intimacy of this encounter.

Maurice Blanchot L'espace Littéraire(1955)
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

blanchot on a little slice of kafka:
                              When Kafka allows a friend to understand that he writes because otherwise he would go mad, he knows that writing is madness already, his madness, a kind of vigilence, unrelated to any wakefulness save sleep's: insomnia. Madness against madness, then. But he believes that he masters the one by abandoning himself to it; the other frightens him, and is his fear; it tears through him, wounds and exalts him. It is as if he had to undergo all the force of an uninterruptable continuity, a tension at the edge of the insupportable which he speaks of with fear and not without a feeling of glory. For glory is the disaster.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

"It's better not to know so much about what things mean." - David Lynch

"An artist has to be careful, never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he's at somewhere. You always have to realize that you're constantly in a state of becoming...as long as you can stay in that realm, you'll sort of be alright." - Bob Dylan
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎