Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stijn
    • Jun 2011

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

Neil Gaiman

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

!!!

sain't

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Bono (slowly clapping on stage): "Every time I clap my hands a child dies in Africa".
        Scottish guy: "Stop fuckin' clapping then".
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Scottish guy vs Bono
          spit a bitta soda out just now.
          sain't

Comment

• equilibrium
            • Apr 2012

"With Globalization, now responsibilities are diluted and nobody knows who is behind anything." - Black Pope

Comment

• Philipppp
              • Apr 2010

"The bird struggles out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born, must destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas." From "Demian" by Herman Hesse.

Comment

• MJRH
                • Nov 2006

^
                "An egg is when you are walled in, a prisoner within yourself. I am free; I have broken the egg long ago. You see me as I am. I am not hidden beneath a shell, and I am not enclosed in one either. I am walking on this earth with my good feet, and also I am drinking and enjoying, but am sad on seeing so many eggs in the world, unbroken, untasted, and rotten."
                "Couldn't you break the eggs for us?" Mr. Hasegawa said. "You seem to see the eggs very well. Couldn't you go around and break the shells and make this world the hatching ground?"

"No, no!" Sessue Matoi said. "You have me wrong! I cannot break the eggs. You cannot break the eggs. You can break an egg, though."

"I don't get you," said Mr. Hasegawa.

"An egg is broken from within," said Sessue Matoi. "The shell of an egg melts by itself through heat or warmth, and it's natural and independent."

"This is ridiculous," said Mr. Hasegawa. An egg can be broken from outside. You know very well an egg may be broken by a rap from outside."

"You can rape and assault, too," said Sessue Matoi.

from The Eggs of the World, by Toshio Mori
                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

we miss you, George
                  sain't

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

"One hope I have is that someone will put a HiDef camera into orbit, giving a full-frame view of the Earth spinning below, and this will be made available to everyone on HiDef cable channel 427 or whatever. Then, when plasma screens – or liquid crystal, or digital wallpaper – get large enough, this image can then occupy the entire wall of a room in your house. You’ll be able to go into that room and do other things – read a book, or listen to music, and occasionally look up – and one entire wall of the room is the Earth as it actually is at the very moment that you’re looking at it. It would be as if your room were in orbit.

You’d begin to see Earthly events in context – a volcanic eruption in Peru, or the pollution coming out of New York harbor, or the hurricane threatening New Orleans, floods in Bangladesh – and it will begin to change our awareness of our relationship to the Earth in a profound way, the way the mirror changed our relationship to ourselves, and deepened our sense of identity as individuals. Given the technology that we have today, I’m interested that it hasn’t already happened yet. Given the state of the world at the moment, I hope it happens soon." - Walter Murch
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

“I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.”
                      ― Samuel Johnson

“There is no use being alive if one must work. The event from which each of us is entitled to expect the revelation of his own life’s meaning - that event which I may not yet have found, but on whose path I seek myself - is not earned by work.”
                      ― Andre Breton

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

just discovered this gem in our very own awlouie's signature. much easier said than done but good advice nonetheless.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Czx
                          • Feb 2011

“Stones on my way? I keep them all. One day, I’ll build my own castle.”
                          — Fernando Pessoa
                          néant
                          Last.FM paranoia
                          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                          0 > ∞

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

“You're on Earth. There's no cure for that.”
                            ― Samuel Beckett

“But what matter whether I was born or not, have lived or not, am dead or merely dying. I shall go on doing as I have always done, not knowing what it is I do, nor who I am, nor where I am, nor if I am.”
                            ― Samuel Beckett

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

more advice than quote, but just as golden.

sain't

Comment

• MJRH
                                • Nov 2006

Curse the blasted, jelly-boned swines, the slimy, the belly-wriggling invertebrates, the miserable sodding rotters, the flaming sods, the snivelling, dribbling, dithering palsied pulse-less lot that make up England today. They've got white of egg in their veins, and their spunk is that watery it's a marvel they can breed. They can but frog-spawn — the gibberers! God, how I hate them! God curse them, funkers. God blast them, wish-wash. Exterminate them, slime.

I could curse for hours and hours — God help me.

DH Lawrence

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎