• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

Blue and vermilion both are now a fog,
    both useless sounds. The mirror I look into
    is grey. I breathe a rose across the garden,
    a wistful rose, my friends, out of the twilight.
    Only the shades of yellow stay with me
    and I can see only to look on nightmares.

- Jorge Luis Borges The Blind Man(1975)
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• shah
      • Jul 2009

"It will remain remarkable, in whatever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the scientific conclusion that the content of the consciousness is the ultimate universal reality"

Physicist, Nobel Laurette Eugene Wigner
      Remarks on the Mind-Body Question, in Wheeler and Zurek, p.169

Comment

• Alseal
        • Dec 2012

“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
        ― Mark Twain

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

and on a few occasions, it damn nearly has.

sain't

Comment

• Alseal
            • Dec 2012

“Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.”
            ― Anne Frank

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

"It is beauty I seek, not beautiful things."
              -Plato

Comment

• Alseal
                • Dec 2012

“When we talk about Japanese style,” Yamamoto says, “we cannot miss the concept called ‘loss.’ For example, after big celebrations, usually there are fans and bottles left on the road. When we see this kind of scene, we realize that the celebrations have come to an end. An emotion of loss will arise. When I see a woman walk toward me, I will feel like escaping. Meanwhile, when I see a woman walk away, I will feel the sense of loss and will have the desire to chase after her. For me, a woman walking away is more charming than walking toward me. Therefore, I always begin my design process from the back. After finishing the back, then I will start thinking about the front look. This order is my way of design. Women’s backs reveal their sexuality perfectly.”
                - Yohji Yamamoto

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

To Construct the city topographically-tenfold and a hundredfold-
                  from out of its arcades and its getaways, its cemeteries and
                  bordellos, its railroad stations and its ... , just as formerly it was
                  defined by its churches and markets. And the more secret, more
                  deeply embedded figures of the city: murders and rebellions,
                  the bloody knots in the network of the streets, lairs of love, and
                  conflagrations.

- Walter Benjamin The Arcades Project(1927-40)
                  Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                  Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

One of the recurrent themes is my contempt for the privileged kids that join the Peace Corps or other such nonsense to satisfy their own vanity and that I view as a form of neocolonialism, so it was interesting to come up on this passage about the 60s from Alan Bloom

"It is very difficult to distinguish oneself in America, and in order to do so the students substituted conspicuous compassion for their parents' conspicuous consumption. They specialized in being the advocates of all those in America and the Third World who did not challenge their sense of superiority and who, they imagined, would accept their leadership. None of the exquisite thrills of egalitarian vanity were alien to them."
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      One of the recurrent themes is my contempt for the privileged kids that join the Peace Corps or other such nonsense to satisfy their own vanity and that I view as a form of neocolonialism
                      what is worst: these privileged kids joining the Peace Corps or those who join SZ because black is cool? not easy!
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        what is worst: these privileged kids joining the Peace Corps or those who join SZ because black is cool? not easy!

http://gurlgoestoafrica.tumblr.com/
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          that would be really amazing if they were all wearing RO sneaks and CCP fencings in these pictures
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            it's a difficult choice, indeed.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

"Comparative literature has now fallen largely into the hands of a group of professors who are influenced by the post-Sartrean generation of Parisian Heideggerians, in particular Derrida, Foucault and Barthes. The school is called Deconstructionism, and it is the last, predictable, stage in the suppression of reason and the denial of the possibility of truth in the name of philosophy. The interpreter's creative activity is more important than the text; there is no text, only interpretation. Thus the one thing most necessary for us, the knowledge of what these texts have to tell us, is turned over to the subjective, creative selves of these interpreters, who say that there is both no text and no reality to which the texts refer. A cheapened interpretation of Nietzsche liberates us from the objective imperatives of the texts that might have liberated us from our increasingly low an narrow horizon."

Alan Bloom, The Closing of the American Mind

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

^why so stuck in the 80's
                                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎