Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

joshua, i've heard OF the band, but never heard their music. a quick internet search found two records:

nerve eighty 7" - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSBB6G2B
    obscured by pink clouds lp - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EFGP2DEE
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

just throw the name of the album into google with "megaupload" or "rapidshare" at the end and that usually does it, I find. He might have a more specific method.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
        well i'll be damned, turns out pigs do fly

not only is there a new circulatory system album finally coming out but it's already leaked. called signal morning, get downloading folks.
        No fucking way. Circulatory was always my fave Elephant six project. Definitely need to look in to this.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• dunaj
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
          Dunaj, do you have a digital rip of rose pillar? You going to wittr and sex vid/mind eraser/drunk driver/failures?
          definitely going to both failures shows, not sure about wittr though. it's pretty close to me so i'll probably end up heading over to check it out.

on a complete divergence, i'm seeing will oldham tomorrow at santos, then thursday at the apollo.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
            • Nov 2008

oldham is playing santos tomorrow? full band, or solo? is this common knowledge?

and where are the failures shows? i dig almost everythign mccoy does...

once again, i'm pretending like i still go to shows.

edit: okay - one of the failures shows is june 6 - probably can't go - leaving the country for two weeks the next day, will be flipping the fuck out. when's the other one?

Originally posted by dunaj View Post
            definitely going to both failures shows, not sure about wittr though. it's pretty close to me so i'll probably end up heading over to check it out.

on a complete divergence, i'm seeing will oldham tomorrow at santos, then thursday at the apollo.
            Last edited by hamletpowpowpow; 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• dunaj
              • Feb 2007

i'm pretty sure oldham at santos is going to be full-band, but i think it's sold out..

both failures shows are on the same day, an early show @ cake shop and a late show @ death by audio

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

listening to that new isis album now, sounds quite different from the isis I've heard before...

Comment

• Magician
                  • Jul 2008

New Nachtmystium EP!!!!

Seems a little more traditional black metal then Assassins, and whiel I really enjoyed that album, the return to form is nice.
                  Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

I love that no one is taking your bait on this one.
                    Man up Q, what's on yr mind?

Originally posted by merz
                    so.. prurient..

who'd like to start?

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

the past short while iv been listening to

the fall- code selfish
                      kews - mainland (Alessandro Tinelli)
                      a while back the new radiohead album - in rainbows
                      friend - ( http://friendfriendfriend.com )
                      and in the past week or so stuff by richie hawtin/plastikman

q tip abouve me (merzo) has introduced me to your show justin as far as what iv heard i really like it
                      its nice as im a bit lazy searching for new music so nice to have someone do it for me he he

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

Amesoeurs - ruines humaines EP

Comment

• prahsneb
                          • May 2009

im listening to

white-http://www.myspace.com/whitebeijing
                          sonic youth- the eternal
                          sun ra- sleeping beauty
                          blank dogs- under and under
                          silver jews- look out mountain look out sea

Comment

• prahsneb
                            • May 2009

im listening to

white-http://www.myspace.com/whitebeijing
                            sonic youth- the eternal
                            sun ra- sleeping beauty
                            blank dogs- under and under
                            silver jews- look out mountain look out sea

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

Wow, still no else has anything to say? Must be the heat.

At first listen, I was into it, on second listen, the whole concept just seemed really half-baked. It reminds me of Wold, but without the tension and a lot of overwrought drama. What's funny, is Dom totally harassed me about liking Wold the last time I was in Hospital. Regardless - it's not HORRIBLE, it's just really unremarkable. I took a quick look at the book itself the other day, and it didn't really do anything for me either...then again, it's just not my aesthetic.

I agree - I think Dom is one of the best performers out there - I've never seen a bad Prurient show...even when it's a mess, it's still fun. He's worked hard to get to a point where he can afford to put out a $100-$150 book/record and where people will shell out for it. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Anyways - I recommend everyone track down the Haxan 12" on youth attack because it absolutely fucking slays. I've listened to it maybe 20 times in the past 24 hours.

EDIT: make that 21 times.

I've seen Prurient a number of times, enough to say i guess that anything on record is almost certainly bound to be a lesser experience than what one might walk away with from a live performance. the same could be said for many other things too, but this is may very well be an extreme example. It isn't some holy cow, certainly not in this thread or on this forum, but, as you've pointed out, i've made some effort in trying not to take the first stab.

and that was kind of a fail so without further ado,

someone paid $100 for ..that? I mean, at which point does acclaim & limited release of something become its own rewarding quality? because that, for the most part, is the only sort of quality i can foresee this having. hammer with 40 names is probably the most compelling track on the whole thing, and even that ..i mean..I've seen much better end result come out of shit practice tapes by random local kids.

i dunno, its not something blindingly horrible or even bad, just really mediocre and without much distinction. think i'm going to put on some get hustle & shut up now.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                                • Nov 2008

I won't say that I disagree with you, but I dunno, I think you're being a little unfair to the people who purchased the record.
                                I don't think they've been ripped off, or that they're necessarily completists. Here's the question - would the record have been any less valid at the price of $11 and no book? (I'm not gonna man up and answer that one).

The debate of collector vs music fan. Yr opening up a big can o' worms that I'm not gonna get into. But for those who do want to get into it, the wire had a really fantastic article on the subject a few months ago - Nov 08. It's a good one.
                                On The Cover: Unofficial Channels - A tour of music's unauthorised domains from bootlegs to blogs and beyond.... Plus: Anthony Braxton's Arista Years, Hal Willner's Invisible Jukebox, Luciano, Dick Raaijmakers, Ken Jacobs in Cross Platform, Gino Robair, Tristan Perich, Yo! Majesty, Robert Wyatt's Inner Sleeve and much, much more... Subscribe! Take out a print subscription to The Wire and get four Wire Tapper CDs free!

Fact- someone DID shell out the money and was nice enough to rip a copy for those of us who can't (or aren't willing) to throw down the cash. That was pretty cool of said person.
                                So just because we didn't want to spend 100 - does that make our ears any more discerning or credible? Or are we just cheap motherfuckers?

For the record - I'm not calling ANYone completists, cheap motherfuckers, credible/non credible - I am merely pointing out my own hypocrisies for the sake of good conversation.

I am however saying that Haxan fucking slays, and if any of you don't agree, you can go suck it.

most certainly isn't, and i won't be one to tell people how to spend theirs, but i guess my point there was that the record (i haven't seen the book and cannot comment on it so..) doesn't stand very well on its own, in my opinion. between that & the price point, one has to wonder about the kind of sense of, uh, completism that drives such purchases. never thought of myself as a collector of records so much a person who liked listening to music, but that's an altogether different conversation subject.

skrook! haxan finished downloading just now..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎