Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamletpowpowpow
    • Nov 2008

and remember - I'm the dude who puts out records that retail for $40 and isn't willing to throw down the $100.

and also, remember - we're discussing this one a web-board where people find it completely reasonable to pay 2k for boots.

TGIF kids, I love you all, I swear I do.

Originally posted by merz
    in absolute agreement there, i kind of went overboard with the completist line of thought which was largely unrelated to this particular record so much as general thoughts at the moment. some of the most remarkable things i've heard came from the collections of people who expressed little or no emotional attachment for the material itself, so much as its rarity. (more to come..)

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

on repeat (i feel like i have fallen in love with this song) :

HTRK FASCINATOR MIX

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Quiet Inside

shit, hadn't heard this in a year.. which lead me to dig out You Bring the Devil.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
          • Nov 2008

Equally fucking sick. Same guitarist - different vocalist. I gotta say, I really, really really like the vocals on Haxan more though. Haxan more Black Metal than hxe - Ancestors more Hxe than black metal. Maybe.

I dunno. I'm very pro Haxan - my friend, he's very pro Ancestors. We both agree that both bands rule.

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
          speaking of, how's the ancestors stuff? is it just a continuation under a different name?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

PJ Harvey - Black Hearted love.

Which reminds me, where IS BECOMING INTENSE?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ finally, your mad, madly, maddeningly obscure tastes in music intersect with mine.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                Edit: Since I'm askin' -- I don't suppose any of y'all remember a band from Pittsburg in the late 90's called the 1985. Like, half the band went on to form that band Zombi, I think. Don't quote me on this though. .
                Seen them umpteen times and probably have all their stuff! You are right about Zombi as well - who are great live as well.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

do people really hate that prurient record? i personally thought it was good. i'm not the most knowledagable person for his music, but i prefer this shit over most of what i've heard from him. granted i've only seen him once and heard a record or two of his and i haven't felt much satisfaction from those avenues than i did with this record. the song textures are layered well, he manipulates his sound sources well and the occasional power electronic screaming is a nice addition.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dunaj
                    • Feb 2007

ditto what joey says. and as for the price, i think that heartworm is always fair with their pricing. plus, i only paid $80 for it since i got it from a show, and i think that $80 for a record+180pg. hardbound book is completely reasonable.

but what do i know, i've been listening to "ignite the seven cannons" all weekend

edit: also tigermilk
                    Last edited by dunaj; 05-23-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                      • Nov 2008

I'm standing by my initial comments. I'm not hating on the record, I just find it underwhelming. This has nothing to do with the price of the record or what it is.

And I've got no qualms with the price tag either - I'm just not in a position where I can be spending that kind of cash right now. The fact that someone who did have the money to purchase it was kind enough to be willing to share the music with me is pretty rad.

NP: Still having my mind blown by Ancestors, Haxan. Also Omar Souleyman and other sublime frequencies.

Anyone have the failures records? I can't find them on line anywhere.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

don't buy the record. just rage with them at das show.

also, i looked up haxan - it's a black metal band mark mccoy was in?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

btw, here's the failures lp http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyz3kizmem

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            btw, here's the failures lp http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyz3kizmem
                            damn was about to go to sleep and found this, I love this stuff. thanks!

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

wish i got to that first. would be amazing for the podcast...i've got a few other tricks up my sleeve. but thanks for this - it's a good one, real good.

EDIT: Joey, thanks for the Failures link - much obliged. I'm gonna have to skip the show on the 6th and I'm majorly bummed about it.

Originally posted by merz
                              i don't know if this qualifies as 'listening', but here goes..

and lots of GrOb lately.
                              Last edited by hamletpowpowpow; 05-24-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks. Haven't heard that one. I don't think there is much Hi-Fi Grob out there. Do you have Yanka's album "Domoy"? I can upload it for you if you don't. It's really good.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎