Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunjah
    • May 2008

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

yeah, i listen to dancehall !

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
      • Nov 2008

I really love that Doug Haire record - one of the best field recording records out there, I think. It's no "Santa Pod", but hey, what is.
      But it's one of those few records of it's kind where it goes beyond mere documentation to create something lovely.

Quincy - Thanks for the heads up. I know Chris at fusetron, I'll hit him up. I'd rather have the actual record than just the rip.

And Clockcleaner breaking up...WTF? They just played in NYC a few months ago. Geez.

Boris is playing here Friday, but I think I'll have moved on from Tokyo by then. Not a fan of theirs, but always amusing to see a band in it's native element.

Joey - Matt - fellow SZ NY kids, Anything else coming up, music wise aside from Bone Awl/Akitsa? Still annoyed that I might miss this. Or that I'll show up smelling of airplane and xanax.

Originally posted by qnc.hst View Post
      (1) Damn, I can imagine Sex/Vid being great live... that 12" 'slays', and I'm but a dabbler in that corner of things.

(2) Joshua, not sure if yr still searching for a Nitsch box but they're still listed on Fusetron (though he very well may have just not taken it down yet). Also still listed at Volcanic Tongue if you can handle heavy shipping costs. Or are you just looking for a much more cost-effective rip? Probably out of luck on the DVD...

(3) I think Clockcleaner broke up? Isn't J Sharkey doing a new thing now?

(4) Another recent vinyl boxset that just clicked for me last night is the BUFMS one. First few listens it seemed like some stuff was a bit hokey but everything added up last night in a way that made all the pieces seem integral... anyone else check this?

Comment

• dunaj
        • Feb 2007

i don't have anything on my radar for the next few weeks since i'm going to be out of the country, but i'm seeing billy bao in paris on july 17. and there's a couple of things i'll be checking out once i get back:

july 3 - cult ritual, salvation, birth control, slices @ 538 johnson
        july 11 - total abuse, drunkdriver @ monster island basement

also, on the topic of what i'm listening to, the dude from total abuse has a project called "country club," with the singer of cold sweat lending vocals. i guess it's a "concept album" based on the ruby ridge incident. it's sick.
        COUNTRY CLUB - THE PIGS UNSCATHED 2XLP 35 dollars ppd. 14 songs. power electronics. 100 copies. no repress. 70 left. order from the webstore...

sample here:

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

too bad i'm going to miss that cult ritual show. i'll be in san diego.

1.6 band is doing a reunion show on june 18th.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
            • Nov 2008

Turns out I'm gonna miss the bone awl/akitsa gig, but
            Cult Ritual and Salvation? That'll almost make up for it. Where is 538 Johnson? Man, I'm so out of the loop with the NYC underground these days. This is what's gonna happen to you when you hit 30, Matt.

1.6 band reunion? Geez. Gonna take the 5th on that one. Although, I will say Vin Novara is one hell of drummer. Saw him with the Crownhate Ruin a bunch of times back in the day, and it was pretty fantastic. When he quit, that band just went down the drain...

Also, what gives? Went halfway around the world and Julius doesn't have anything left in stock. Wrong thread, I know, but I don't really post anywhere else.

13 point program to destroy tokyo soundtrack - Group Inerane
            Also, the recent 1970's Algerian Proto-Rai Underground release. Sublime frequencies have been kickin' it lately.

Originally posted by dunaj View Post
            i don't have anything on my radar for the next few weeks since i'm going to be out of the country, but i'm seeing billy bao in paris on july 17. and there's a couple of things i'll be checking out once i get back:

july 3 - cult ritual, salvation, birth control, slices @ 538 johnson
            july 11 - total abuse, drunkdriver @ monster island basement

also, on the topic of what i'm listening to, the dude from total abuse has a project called "country club," with the singer of cold sweat lending vocals. i guess it's a "concept album" based on the ruby ridge incident. it's sick.
            COUNTRY CLUB - THE PIGS UNSCATHED 2XLP 35 dollars ppd. 14 songs. power electronics. 100 copies. no repress. 70 left. order from the webstore...

sample here:
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/gf9aa8

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

joshua, julius doesn't have any of their upcoming fall stuff in yet?

at any rate, i'm sure a ton of people will be interested in this:

"Rorschach is playing five reunion shows on the east coast! September 23rd to the 27th. Boston, NY, NJ, D.C. and Philly."

edit: now - joe grimm - brain cloud.
              Last edited by ddohnggo; 06-10-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

probably not. i'll most likely be flying into lax, but will be spending the time with the fiancee's family in carlsbad.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                  • Nov 2008

Joey - No - they won't have anything until the end of the month. I'm returning on the 20th or so...sucks...! I think you'll fare better than me when you get here in August...

I'm friends w/ the wife of one of the Rorschach dudes and she mentioned this a few months ago. I didn't think it was gonna happen though. I'm cautiously optimistic...
                  Where'd you see that posted?

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                  joshua, julius doesn't have any of their upcoming fall stuff in yet?

at any rate, i'm sure a ton of people will be interested in this:

"Rorschach is playing five reunion shows on the east coast! September 23rd to the 27th. Boston, NY, NJ, D.C. and Philly."

edit: now - joe grimm - brain cloud.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

read the initial mention of the reunion on brooklynvegan, and charles maggio confirmed it here:

Comment

• coup de grace
                      x
                      • Sep 2006

what i would like to be listening to is the behead the prophet lp, but i can't find it. help?

ps. i finally found the second story window lp, holler if you want it.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

give me second story window.

funny you bring up behead the prophet. i was talking about them with a friend at the sex vid show cuz the new guitarist in sex vid was one of the guitarists in behead the prophet. i once saw lords of lightspeed with josh plague singing which was dope.

anyways, here's the behead the prophet lp
                        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

• JonathanStrange
                          • Aug 2008

Rub n' Tug "Better with a Spoonful of Leather"---awesome!!
                          "Skinny like me," in 1977 she decided to go underground and live incognito among the thin.

Comment

• coup de grace
                            x
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            give me second story window.

funny you bring up behead the prophet. i was talking about them with a friend at the sex vid show cuz the new guitarist in sex vid was one of the guitarists in behead the prophet. i once saw lords of lightspeed with josh plague singing which was dope.

anyways, here's the behead the prophet lp
                            http://www.mediafire.com/?nzmmbmfhnui
                            tx.

ssw 7: http://www.mediafire.com/?ids7nyxcac1
                            ssw 12: http://www.mediafire.com/?g2mxjfxtotm

(although you already had links to these, lulz)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

ah i forgot about those mp3's.

i forgot how much the blood brothers aped behead the prophet.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

now: three mile pilot - another desert another sea. i'm glad these dudes got back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎