Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dunaj
    • Feb 2007

yeah, the show last night was so sick. i still think drunkdriver needs a bassist. i thought failures' set was great--not quite oath-status, but it's close. as soon as mind eraser set up and they had their whole girlfriend crew set up on the side of the stage ready to enforce, i had a feeling that something was gonna go down. that beardy dude up front was into punching every member of every band. and the unannounced band was dustheads, i thought they were good but the PA didn't work for half their set. iron age was zzzzzzzzz. covering pentagram was double zzzzzzzzz. sex vid definitely undid the zzzzzz's and woke me up, though, great set.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

i was way back for failures and the rest of the night until sex vid since it was so crowded. i heard stories about that bearded dude who was wearing the social coma shirt. he was obliterated out of his mind. were the mind eraser girlfriends making sure that he wouldn't punch the band? i noticed that the mind eraser guitarist was already bleeding from his forehead.

dustheads and iron age i couldn't give a shit about. sex vid was sooooooooooo good. dude's were stage diving left and right and that barrage of punk dudes in the beginning was pretty crucial.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• TarHeart
        • Jun 2009

Murcof's debut Martes. Really cold, mechanic techno. Recommended album.

Comment

• North
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
          Murcof's debut Martes. Really cold, mechanic techno. Recommended album.
          Ive been listening to this for a while now, its very good.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Just have been listening to Soap & Skin (Lovetune for Vacuum album)...
            Great music (has anybody followed my advice to listen to her ages ago??).

I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

CDs from the dude sitting at the corner of 3rd Avenue and St. Marks Place...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Vysotskiy. A genius like this comes once a generation... if that generation is lucky. There is no English culture alternative, he got into everyone's soul, from the last drunk to the most intellectual.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

not to mention he's extremely funny

papugai flaubert always makes me laugh

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                      • Nov 2008

That clockcleaner record fucking rips. Definitely one of the better bands around these days. And from philly - who would have thunk it?

I'm gonna do my best to make it to the bone awl / akitsa show. Don't know if I'll be back in time though...or awake enough.

Anyways, greetings from Tokyo, y'all. Staying across from the street from Julius. ;)

Comment

• klaxon
                        • Dec 2007

the horrors, primary colours
                        golden silvers, true romance

Comment

• qnc.hst
                          • Oct 2007

(1) Damn, I can imagine Sex/Vid being great live... that 12" 'slays', and I'm but a dabbler in that corner of things.

(2) Joshua, not sure if yr still searching for a Nitsch box but they're still listed on Fusetron (though he very well may have just not taken it down yet). Also still listed at Volcanic Tongue if you can handle heavy shipping costs. Or are you just looking for a much more cost-effective rip? Probably out of luck on the DVD...

(3) I think Clockcleaner broke up? Isn't J Sharkey doing a new thing now?

(4) Another recent vinyl boxset that just clicked for me last night is the BUFMS one. First few listens it seemed like some stuff was a bit hokey but everything added up last night in a way that made all the pieces seem integral... anyone else check this?
                          I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• maldoror
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Vysotskiy. A genius like this comes once a generation... if that generation is lucky. There is no English culture alternative, he got into everyone's soul, from the last drunk to the most intellectual.

can't speak re the lyrics, but musically, this reminds me of a more subdued kazuki tomokawa:

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                              can't speak re the lyrics, but musically, this reminds me of a more subdued kazuki tomokawa:

Here is something less subdued. His last recording before premature death (medication overdose, or so they say). Such an amazing song.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mumma
                                • Oct 2008

cleaning my shelfs, and listening to some
                                old forgotten records ;-)

Doug Haire - Nineteen American Waysides

John Wall - Constructions I-IV (such an amazing album!)
                                LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
                                Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
                                www.loupeon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎