X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

dude u seriously have impeccable taste.

BEB is an awesome label. guess dominique fernow will release mostly there from now on?

oh and thanks for that last one - finally i can listen to gregorian chants without feeling like a total sissy.

might have posted this some time ago, but whatever. awesome soundtrack.

and another soundtrack track...

(note matching facial expressions...)
    Last edited by Shucks; 06-10-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• profondo nero
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Czx View Post
      I love Drake. Not joking.
      Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      dude u seriously have impeccable taste.

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

Mount Kimbie was in town last week.

Comment

• the-orb
          • Jun 2009

It's as much industrial as it is ambient so I wouldn't really call it that. That album is kind of hard to classify really.
          Edit: I just thought that BlackestEverBlack should have it's own genre.
          Yeah, that's why it was industrial in quotes :) and it's probably also why I like it so much. Agreed that Blackest Ever Black has had some stellar releases in the last couple of years and has defined its own niche through them. A couple more BEB favorites while we're on the subject:

Vatican Shadow - Cairo Sword Unsheathed
          Download & Stream Vatican Shadow - Cairo Sword Unsheathed (Original Mix) [Hospital Productions] in highest quality | Find the latest releases here | #1 source for DJ Sets and more

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

Comment

• ian+
              • Dec 2011

BlackestEverBlack is amazing, from the artists to the sounds and the aesthetics everything is perfect.

Also if anyone likes his industrial / noise / ambient sound mixed up with suicidal black metal there was an amazing split LP between prurient and akitsa.

...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Czx
                • Feb 2011

@Shucks - Hahah, thank you, I appreciate that although it's far from true (I can't stand my lack of knowledge in classical department) and neither would I like it to be, this would mean that I don't have anything new to learn ;)
                Yes, Fernow is most likely to stay there as I imagine he feels very much at home seeing how similiar BEB's aesthetic is to his own. Although the man is of complicated nature, you never know hahah.

@the-orb - ah, pardon me! I overlooked that. Thumbs up for that Prurient track (ian+ aswell). I generally really like his splits.

@profondo_nero - I find nothing wrong in enjoying quality popular music in moments when I am not looking for academical enjoyment but purely an easy, sensory one. Many artists of that kind really do have talent but just choose to show it in another way (I'll namecheck Rihanna and Miguel of the top of my mind, not even mentioning The Weeknd). And I grew up on rap so I tend to enjoy some good one from time to time (even thought at 13 I started listening to noise etc.).

This brings back some memories. It's one of the first records I really listenened to. And I still have immense respect for TITD's pre-Axis of Eden era records.
                néant
                Last.FM paranoia
                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                0 > ∞

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

This brings back some memories. It's one of the first records I really listenened to. And I still have immense respect for TITD's pre-Axis of Eden era records.
                  top notch, especially in the eyes of god and kiss the pig.
                  ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

I love Sadness Will Prevail the most, the atmosphere on that record is beyond amazing. It's so hard on the psyche. I think I managed to listen to it whole in one go only once.
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• keyboard111
                      • May 2013

Sage The Gemini - Red Nose

Comment

• profondo nero
                        • Aug 2012

@profondo_nero - I find nothing wrong in enjoying quality popular music in moments when I am not looking for academical enjoyment but purely an easy, sensory one. Many artists of that kind really do have talent but just choose to show it in another way (I'll namecheck Rihanna and Miguel of the top of my mind, not even mentioning The Weeknd). And I grew up on rap so I tend to enjoy some good one from time to time (even thought at 13 I started listening to noise etc.).
                        Please let me gently interrupt your tender circle jerk as I'd like to speak out my mind for a moment. By any means I don't want to patronize, I'm just a little bit confused about your statement as to me, inter alia, today's "popular music" is equivalent to "noise". I devoted my whole life to culture, and to my despise for more than 20 years I was an unfortunate eyewitness how hip hop amongst the other movements has become the parody of itself and a symbol of decay of post modern aesthetics. Even though I can clearly see a bigger picture now, I still don't agree on it and don't get it what could be sensorially appealing to the intelligent, tasteful, young men in such questionable "talents". How can you relate to them and their message? Do you think they are credible due their artificial social proof and praise by conformist dot alternative zombie bloggers rolling aesthetical bullshit in conceptual glitter? Don't get me wrong, I'm not on some ageist shit nor on a rickety stage at some empty roadhouse as a True mississippi blues man howling about diapers, unappreciated by the toilet using masses. It's nothing personal, I'm just full of disdain to a current state of affairs, even though they are facing a paradigm shift. And if you disagree you are free to do it below.

Comment

• Czx
                          • Feb 2011

Oh, by no means did I meant to say that noise is equal to pop, you misunderstood me there. I merely said that when not looking for academical enjoyment I often find modern popular music enjoyable. Often as purely background music. I do not look for autenthicity in such music, God forbid, I'm only looking for easy listening without the need to analyze every four bars. You see, I dedicated the entirety of my life to music and someties I have the need to take a break from ambitious music.
                          Oh and I surely can relate at times, why could I not?
                          And I don't understand how you can (if I'm wrong and you don't - sorry) deny that for example Weeknd has talent. I haven't heard a vocal that good (as far as male vocals go) since Jackson, his range is unbelivable.
                          And I have no regard for the blogosphere. Many of my friends are music journalists (on the most relevant sites/mags in our country if you ask me) and that is where I look for polemics on the matter of music, never the anonymous "critics" on the internet. I have neither time nor care for that.

I don't know what did you have in mind regarding the "circle jerk".

Rest assured, I'm not taking it personally, I too am mad at the current music world, both the journalistic one and the wide one. But by living by music for so many years I created my own view and musical world which slowly made me careless for anything outside. Have you read Schumman's work by any chance? There is a great quote on that matter in there which I can't recall currently. It's in one of his learning sheets for youth.
                          néant
                          Last.FM paranoia
                          0 > ∞

Comment

• profondo nero
                            • Aug 2012

Comment

• fncyths
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Shucks
                              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• peerc
                                • Jan 2013

dunno if any of you are into choral music. 4-part harmonies are something to appreciate

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎