• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    DAS- EFX with the real hip-hop
    classic! I love how raw and real the video is. one of the tracks that always give me the goosebumps and brings me back.

While working on some assignments this keeps me going in a nice and calm flow.
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Resonkuken
        • Oct 2012

Nujabes is great. Samurai Champloo wouldn`t have been the same without his music.

Comment

• Scander
          • Jul 2013

Comment

• LelandJ
            Banned
            • Apr 2014

A Ukrainian folk song by a classically trained diva, what I consider an avante-garde masterpiece:

Her phrasing really takes off at 4:37. Playing the source through S.E.T. amps you have to apply greater HF turnover for artificial distance unless you have over 40 ft space from the speaker, her singing's too powerful, and beautiful, to experience any closer.

Comment

• nvsnli
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Scander View Post
              Now this is a good song right here.

Comment

• Irara
                • May 2014

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                A Ukrainian folk song by a classically trained diva, what I consider an avante-garde masterpiece:

Ah, that's totally amazing!

---

Today I've learned that "Little Black Angel" by Death in June ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkTv5t67E8 ) is based on that song by Peoples Temple Choir:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYRzmQgQx4c, a remake of Nina Simone's "Brown Baby".
                And that is extremely sad as in the end the little black baby from Peoples temple hasn't grown to have things the singer had never had.

Comment

• menofoutsiders
                  • Apr 2013

Comment

• kurta
                    • Jun 2014

The LA-based couple of Indra Dunnis and Aaron Coyes make music, as Peaking Lights, that reflects an endless fascination with dub and psychedelic vinyl curios. This was on display with their first LPs 936 and Lucifer (which some of you have dug); I also saw it firsthand when they DJ'd a show I helped organize in early 2013, walking in with crates upon crates of records. This year I saw them open for psych-king/Animal Collective hero Panda Bear and dubbed their new material "squishy dub thwump." Peaking Lights are beginning to release songs from that upcoming album, and the single "Breakdown" is a gem: From the bowels of their endless record collections come chirping and moaning instrumental sounds that feel like dusty, recently excavated dance tracks from faraway sunny places where the sun feels good but the culture feels fucked; it's the sound of the past and the future at once, with Indra's thin vocals perfectly straddling both time-zones, releasing an anxious energy that's both personal and political. Besides all that, though, it's a Grade A ear worm that I've been dancing to around my living space for weeks. The band's new LP Cosmic Logic is out 10/7 via Weird World. It's off to a good start.

Comment

• pilgrim
                      • Apr 2014

Flying Lotus ft Kendrick Lamar

https://soundcloud.com/laleaks/la-le...a-leakers-tags

Edit:
                      Last edited by pilgrim; 09-03-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Osseovs
                        • Oct 2012

dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com

Picked up on this recently. I'm generally a sucker for most '80s synth-oriented music, but this group kicks it up a notch with hints of Italian horror influence and a modern EDM presentation rather than going for a strictly nostalgic sound that most synthwave artists fall under (for better or worse). I've had their two full-lengths on repeat for the past week.

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

a fish out of water dies

Comment

• kurta
                            • Jun 2014

A NEW APHEX TWIN SONG IS UPON US. With vocal, no less.
                            "minipops 67" from Syro

Joy.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                              • Jan 2011

I have two songs in repeat today that couldn’t be more different:

and…*the new Pallbearer! it’s surprisingly good!

Comment

• kurta
                                • Jun 2014

Sinkane - "New Name"

Sinkane is Ahmed Gallab, a multi-instrumental, Sudanese-born sideman for groups like Yeasayer, of Montreal, and Caribou, who has, over the past few years, graduated into a righteous artist in his own right. His debut album for DFA Records, Mars made a splash two years ago, as did his work as the musical director for the bi-coastal tribute concert in honor of Nigerian funk artist William Onyneabor. "New Name" comes from Sinkane's new record Mean Love, and it puts that bandleading in full focus, with a pulse and spiraling horn-lines steeped in Afrobeat. Super good music, super good dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎