• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Osseovs
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by kurta View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/sacredbones/j...rpenter-vortex

"Vortex" is the lead single from John Carpenter's debut album. Yes, that John Carpenter, as in the film legend who's left an indelible mark on cinema with both his directing, and score composing, on classic films like the Halloween series, They Live, Big Trouble In Little China, and on. "Vortex"'s dramatic synth and slinky electric guitar fits the bill beautifully -- you can imagine a twisted chase scene rendered at a deliberate pace and featuring at least one sinister human very easily if you press play on that Soundcloud and close your eyes.

Lost Themes is due February 13th via Sacred Bones, the label that brought you Zola Jesus, all of which makes good sense.
    Very, very much looking forward to this. Carpenter, Tangerine Dream, and Vangelis are my personal holy trifecta of cinematic minimal synth.

Comment

• Bodique
      • Mar 2012

A perfect soundtrack for snowy day.

«Страдания жизни неразумной приводят к сознанию необходимости разумной жизни.»
      Лев Николаевич Толстой

Comment

• niv3kfersure
        • Jul 2014

Faust has spoken.

My dad used to play this song alot and "Das Model" when I was a kid, until he fonded over Tears of Fear and they became his new anthem.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

something eerily comforting about this video.

sain't

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

contemporary classical, drone, avant-metal, techno, and noise coming together somewhat in the manner of a Quimbanda ritual to tackle the theme of descent:
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• profondo nero
              • Aug 2012

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Revisiting the old high school favorite. Ah, the days when I could just wear a MM beanie, trench, and surplus boots and feel content with that. Well, up until that thing happened, anyways.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

(hopefully faust doesn't ban me for posting young thug and liking a patagonia vest on the same day)
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

Ancient Methods × Black Egg - The 'Ohne Hände' Remixes 12"

limited edition of 500 hand-numbered copies, 2014 Mastered and cut by Christoph at Dubplates & Mastering Buy Vinyl here: www.aufnahmeundwiedergabe.de/ohnehaende Buy Digital Download here: w

Still clinching my teeth that I was too lazy to go see Ancient Methods when he visited here a month ago or so.
                    Last edited by Shifts; 12-06-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Trixer
                      • Mar 2014

Shame that you didn't go! Caught him again a few weeks ago at Tresor, was really good as per usual

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
                      Ancient Methods × Black Egg - The 'Ohne Hände' Remixes 12"

limited edition of 500 hand-numbered copies, 2014 Mastered and cut by Christoph at Dubplates & Mastering Buy Vinyl here: www.aufnahmeundwiedergabe.de/ohnehaende Buy Digital Download here: w

Still clinching my teeth that I was too lazy to go see Ancient Methods when he visited here a month ago or so.

Comment

• Macabre
                        • Nov 2013

I'm absolutely mesmerized by this song, I've been listening to it over and over on this wet and gray sunday.
                        "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• shiliquan
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2011

it makes me not feel cold this winter

Comment

• kurta
                            • Jun 2014

The song is called "Black."

The aesthetic is of twisted, coldwave, industrial synth, presented in a form that is totally knowing, if not capitulating, to that of popular music.

The primary lyric is "I don't care what they say." It is hissed.

If there ever needed to be a theme song for SZ, I'd say this should be on the shortlist.

The Soft Moon (born Luis Vazquez).

All of his stuff is wonderful. New album out next year on Captured Tracks.

Comment

• malaesthetique
                              • Mar 2009

^^An ex just messaged me on facebook a few days ago to say that Soft Moon song reminded her of me. Of course I had to say that Total Decay was so much better and that I've already been a fan for years... Their last single "feel" was just terrible.

Feeling these of late:

Last edited by malaesthetique; 12-09-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

incredible song, worth a listen (or twenty) if anyone's into post-hardcore

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎