X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

2.27.2011 / 1st full marathon

Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 02-28-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Thanks.
      By far the toughest thing I've ever done...physically and mentally.

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

O rly?
        I thought you ran a half-marathon every 2nd day? Did you have a proper preparation plan?

Did a marathon once, too and yeah it was exhausting but it was okay...
        Just a faster long run
        Would be tougher now since I am not fit at running atm..
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

A half and a full are 2 completely different animals. Plus I was really pushing myself during the run to attempt a sub-4hr finish.
          I was trying to follow a training schedule, but got totally derailed because of travels.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Of course they are different things but it gives an idea that you are more the "long distance kind of guy". Didn't want to sound dismissive though! There's nothing but the feeling of a finisher :)

Travelling during a training schedule sucks. I was in Barcelone two weeks before my marathon and had two semi-long fast runs (around 1h30) during these 3 days. But you do walk around a lot as well when visiting foreign cities... I was sooo tired. And got that carb craving and the Spanish kitchen was full of protein and seafod. And late dinners

I had the opportunity that a friend of mine was distracting me when it got hard at the marathons, he talked a lot Had a low at around km25 but got over it... No bonk or anything.. Did you get that?
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Not dismissive at all, P.
              I might have done many half-marathon-distance runs, and my legs/muscles are accustomed to ~21km distances (give and take a little), but they've never been pushed too much beyond that, and are not conditioned to take the kind of beating one goes through covering 42km, and i guess that's why after getting to ~km28, my legs just starting breaking down...
              Nonetheless, i'm quite pleased with my timing.
              Probably won't attempt another full soon, maybe next year.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Tbh I am done with the full distance I think.
                Although I had a great result at my first marathon (3hrs 4mins) I got seriously injured and wasn't able to go running for several months. And still until today I am experiencing some difficulties when increasing my running routine :-\ Gotta stick to the half distance I guess with the aim of finishing sub 1h30.

My tip for you: enjoy a week out. Go swimming, if you wanna do sports at all.
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

marathon are more on mind than body.. congrat Y
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

50Ks are the new marathons

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

After working out more for pleasure than for visible results for the last couple of years I've decided to take my body to another level. Many years ago I used to bodybuild pretty seriously but got tired of it and since then I've lost about 15 kg of lean muscle. I've kept my body what I'd call 'athletic' - super slim but not skinny, with a reasonable amount of muscle and a bodyfat% of about 8-10%.

I've been putting on muscle for the last few months and in about one month I'll be done putting on about 6 kg. It's hard to avoid some fat, but I've kept my bodyfat below 10%. Afterwards I plan on cutting down to a bodyfat of 5-6%, which I guess will take 2-3 months. Going so low will probably make me lose some muscle on the way, which is why I've bulked extra muscle. It's gonna take a lot of discipline holding a bodyfat% down at 5-6 and I'll probably need some tuning once in a while, but I think I can do it. I will be ripped to shreds. I might even try and go down to about 4,5 but I don't think it'll be worth the loss of muscle it'll cost and also my immune system goes downhill from 5% and below.

Comment

• HWith
                        • May 2007

I am lucky enough to have an extremely slender build - that is very narrow hips, narrow ribcage and pretty narrow shoulders as well. That makes it possible for me to pack a good load of muscle without seeming 'buff'. And I weight wise I will always be very light because of my small bones and narrow build. My biggest concern is actually my pecs (boobs :-D) which are always quite large and sometimes makes a 'tent' out of my clothes if they get big enough, which isn't really a problem right now. Actually I always wear Yohji etc. oversized clothing, so people usually think I'm a skinny bastard until they see me shirtless (although it's mostly girls who get than honor, heh).

Right now I am 181 and weight about 65 kg.
                        On these pics I pretty much have the same bodyfat% as now but only weight about 61 kg. My plan is pretty much to be around 63-64 kg but reduce my bodyfat% to half of that in the pics.

8 percent gives good definition, yeah, but only at 5-6 percent you have virtually no fat on your abs, which is what I'm aiming for.

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is what I'm aiming for, although I will not go all the way down to 4,5 percent for health reasons. Also I think it's pretty damn impossible to keep it that low in the long run. But check out his obliques. I'm so envious.

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

I intend to stay at size 46 :-)

10 is good. You're pretty ripped and lean, and it's not too hard to stay there as long as you exercise and don't eat too much junk. The lower you go the harder it gets to maintain in the long run, and I realise most people don't have the time and energy it takes to go as low as 6 percent and stay there. You also gotta be willing to give up on some fast carbs as bread etc. which most people can't live without.

Comment

• cmkz
                              • Jun 2010

I've always been thin, but was not really healthy.

However, starting uni changed this. Specifically, joining my university's circus society. I now train roughly nine times a week just to improve at these amazing skills and have never been healthier. I eat terribly, however.

Unfortunately, a lot of my clothes don't fit me as well as they used to.
                              Fortunately, a lot more of my clothes fit me fantastically now. It balanced out, I think.

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

I'm on intermittend fasting. Never felt better. Although I don't really give a sh** about the so-called science behind it. For me, it just works.
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍