Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickt
    • May 2008

Yeah I guess. I'm moving on to working out 6-7 days a week including running because I need to train for my next marathon. I just tried doing muscle ups today, even with kipping it was really difficult. I guess it all boils down to technique. I'll keep going at it. Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

• SunshineSometime
      • May 2008

Once you master the false grip, everything will fall into place. A muscle up is pretty easy to do.

Jason khalipa of crossfit fame has a pretty good instructional on how to progress onto the muscle up.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

kind of need a push-heavy twice a week workout...
        i'm an avid rock climber so pullups and most pulling muscles are already worked..

i like tabata, but its demoralizing when ur by urself

would like to emphasize core, explosive power. would not like to add muscle mass on legs so reps can't be huge

thinking power cleans, modified burpees, levers, pec flys on gymnastic rings, dumbbell chest presses r the way to go supplemented by 1ce + 2ce a week yoga. thoughts?

Comment

• SunshineSometime
          • May 2008

You should include medicine ball throws into your workout if your focus is on explosive movements.

Comment

• kirie
            • Dec 2011

question for you fitness/health buffs

do any of you know of particular brand of gluten/whey/casein free protein powder that doesn't taste like testicles?

I can't physically eat enough of the foods that I'm not allergic to to keep weight on (I'm allergic to gluten/dairy, can't eat hydrogenated/saturated fats or animal proteins without getting severely ill). I've dropped from 54 to just over 50 kilos in the last two weeks (I'm 180cm) and I feel like utter shit. I'm eating every hour at this point, but since I can pretty much only ingest fruits, vegetables and rice it's really not helping.

basically I need some form of supplement that'll help me gain 4-5 kilos reasonably quickly and then maintain on a lower amount.

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
              explosive power
              plyometrics

just got 2 cortisone shots in my left shoulder... right needs it too but can't get so many shots at once. I really need shoulder replacements

word to all you guys... treat your body with respect or you'll end up damaged goods

Comment

• olethomas
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kirie View Post

do any of you know of particular brand of gluten/whey/casein free protein powder that doesn't taste like testicles?

I can't physically eat enough of the foods that I'm not allergic to to keep weight on (I'm allergic to gluten/dairy, can't eat hydrogenated/saturated fats or animal proteins without getting severely ill). I've dropped from 54 to just over 50 kilos in the last two weeks (I'm 180cm) and I feel like utter shit. I'm eating every hour at this point, but since I can pretty much only ingest fruits, vegetables and rice it's really not helping.

basically I need some form of supplement that'll help me gain 4-5 kilos reasonably quickly and then maintain on a lower amount.
                soy protein!! i use soy protein every day to get enough proteins in my diet. i wouldn't call myself a vegetarian, but i don't eat red meat, white meat, dairy or gluten. (meat = political, diary+gluten = makes my belly ache) when i work out i'm not very keen on eating eggs every single day so a good protein source for me was a soy protein shake! the best i've ever had. actually tastes like real milkshake but it's healthy (!!!). but it's from a norwegian producer that doesn't use aspartam or other artificial substances as sweetening.

from proteinfabrikken.no

Comment

• asdf123
                  • Jan 2010

Soy protein has one side effect, it rises your estrogen levels.
                  Is your want this "perfect" protein powder without gluten, whey, casein, or whatever bullshit free stuff that in addition tastes good you won't going to find it or if you do you end up paying the big $ for a thing that supposed to be a real meal replacement not some magic powder.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

I highly recommend Vega. Or if it's too expensive, Hemp Protein.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by asdf123 View Post
                      Soy protein has one side effect, it rises your estrogen levels.
                      seconded. don't touch soy. in any form.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• olethomas
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        plyometrics

just got 2 cortisone shots in my left shoulder... right needs it too but can't get so many shots at once. I really need shoulder replacements

word to all you guys... treat your body with respect or you'll end up damaged goods
                        Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                        seconded. don't touch soy. in any form.
                        shit! thanks!! at first i thought this was one of those knowledges like "you're gonna be skinny if you eat a grapefruit in the morning" but after reading 10-12 articles now this is fucking creepy! not very attractive getting man-TITS from eating soy protein. i knew it was too good to be healthy.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                          I highly recommend Vega. Or if it's too expensive, Hemp Protein.
                          did you try the hemp protein? i have heard only good things about that.

Comment

• asdf123
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
                            shit! thanks!! at first i thought this was one of those knowledges like "you're gonna be skinny if you eat a grapefruit in the morning" but after reading 10-12 articles now this is fucking creepy! not very attractive getting man-TITS from eating soy protein. i knew it was too good to be healthy.
                            Well, its won't gonna give you tits if you use it in moderation. Not as a diet base.
                            It's so weird that people can get so paranoid after reading some article, and then say "OH, Soy is a SCAM".

Comment

• uL7iMa
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by asdf123 View Post
                              Well, its won't gonna give you tits if you use it in moderation. Not as a diet base.
                              It's so weird that people can get so paranoid after reading some article, and then say "OH, Soy is a SCAM".
                              I think the biggest problem with soy is that its such a heavily subsidized commodity, and the amount of genetic modification that goes into the beans, not including the amount of pesticides, makes soy not the healthiest option.

Comment

• BBSLM
                                • Feb 2011

TrueProtein has whole egg, egg white, pea, hemp, rice, and soy protein powders. Their premium flavors are pretty good.

I've never tasted any of these powders (I stuck with MPI back when I used powders) but they have a review forum if taste is a huge concern.
                                WTB
                                desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                                RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                                STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎