X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by asdf123 View Post
    Well, its won't gonna give you tits if you use it in moderation. Not as a diet base.
    It's so weird that people can get so paranoid after reading some article, and then say "OH, Soy is a SCAM".
    The research that comes out about soy's effect(s) on the male hormonal system flip-flops a few times every year. The actual reality is that you're never going to eat enough soy for it to affect you in any permanent way. Now, hops on the other hand...

-

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
      did you try the hemp protein? i have heard only good things about that.
      Yes. I used to use it quite a bit as it's not very (relatively) costly. I don't remember the flavor too well, which I would say is a good thing, because I don't think it was overpowering at all.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

anybody have a link to a safe torrent download for P90x?
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ryuatmn
          • Dec 2011

What's everybody's best lift or muscle group to work? For me it's back. I do lat pulldowns at 4x6 with 110kg, more than anyone else in my gym. I can also do 15 20kg weighted pull ups (from deadhang). However, my one rep max bench press is only a mere 75kgs.

I'm often referred to as "The Human Dorito" at my gym.

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

good for you i bench 485 and squat 580. bye bye. maybe they call you dorito because you are cheesy?

Comment

• Dropt
              • May 2009

Getting a nickname at your gym must be quite an achievement for you to come and post it here.
              Last edited by Dropt; 04-09-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Comment

• kuriz
                  • Nov 2010

This might come out wrong but I would love to see how that body of yours look. How can you do 110kg lats and then at the same time your max bench press is only at 75 kilo? Throw in also 15 deadhang pullups with weight ... that's pretty amazing actually ^^. Not saying you're not speaking the truth but I've never heard or seen anything like that before. You must be seriously triangled! :O)

Originally posted by ryuatmn View Post
                  What's everybody's best lift or muscle group to work? For me it's back. I do lat pulldowns at 4x6 with 110kg, more than anyone else in my gym. I can also do 15 20kg weighted pull ups (from deadhang). However, my one rep max bench press is only a mere 75kgs.

I'm often referred to as "The Human Dorito" at my gym.
                  Last edited by kuriz; 04-10-2012, 07:37 AM. Reason: adding some dots

Comment

• ryuatmn
                    • Dec 2011

Yeah I'm pretty kite-mode, cobra-mode, upside down Concorde-mode, horribly disproportionate upper body-mode. I think it's because I always had been doing pull-ups and the likes before I started lifting properly in a gym. It's kinda odd since the rest of my body is still pretty average for a skinny guy that's been lifting for 18 months, if I'm wearing anything more than a light sweater you wouldn't even know I'd touched a weight in my life.

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      good for you i bench 485 and squat 580. bye bye. maybe they call you dorito because you are cheesy?
                      This is one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while

BTW, whoever was asking, definitely recommend true protein (now true nutrition) 100% for sure. Most commercial supplements are laden with extra carbs and fat, hard to find the pure thing anymore. You want a meal replacement throw a couple scoops of true protein in with oats and extra virgin olive oil.

and yes, soy protein promotes estrogen. not calling whoever recommended it out, but man, this is why people giving health and nutrition advice always sort of annoys me. people have no clue what they're talking about, read a few article about a certain thing and have a year training and think they're geniuses. then a few months later completely change their entire mentality with the new 'thing' they just learned. it's also annoying when people have never tried a certain routine or a certain supplement but they'll talk bad about it just because 'articles' they've read don't encourage it. so silly and it's all these online health boards consist of now. i completely stopped posting in all of them because of it.

Comment

• liberty_of_style
                        • Aug 2011

L carnitine

Does anybody tried L carnitine? I want to loose some weight. I know it works only with aerobic exercises. And transform fat into energy. Share your experience. What results have you achieved using it?
                        I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• avout
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                          Pounds though, surely, or you could be headed to the olympics.

Stalled on all my lifts so I scaled back and am trying to add weight more carefully and more linearly. Improved my form quite a bit, so hopefully I can go further this time.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Has anyone else tried Quest Protein Bars?

I usually wouldn't eat protein bars, but I've had to recently due to my current living/working environment and needing convenient snacks.

Found out about them and ordered some, I'm hooked on them. They're not junk like regular protein bars, I gotta contol myself though, splurged yesterday and ate 6 of them! Had to order more last night lol.

Comment

• I rode a MTB for six years, rather DH and dropping-FR in full mean of terms. But It was more than five years ago, time when circumstances have forced me to drop off whole thing.

this year I discover a really new world for me: running. it's amazing, how the body enjoys long loads, lungs working at full capacity. I'll plan to ride FR again, maybe less agressive, cos some old injuries, but anyway.

Someone else ride big bikes here, pals? how it goes in Whistler this year?

Comment

• Acéphale
                                • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡