• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droogist
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shawn View Post
    Anyone here can get this on hand now?

BLESS

seems out of print and amazon marketplace asks for 1,000 USD! Insane?

http://www.amazon.com/Bless-Celebrat...2676649&sr=8-1
    That is indeed insane, considering that you can get it from Farfetch/V-Store right now for 42 euros: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/wom...m10010800.aspx

Comment

• Real Real
      • Feb 2007

Just finished "Seize the Day", and now I'm reading "Henderson the Rain King". Also slowly working my way through In Search of Lost Time...I've made it up to "Sodom and Gomorrah".

Comment

• Lucky Strike
        • Apr 2009

Just started with Blood's A Rover by James Ellroy

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

A crazy novel about Mexico DF that rapidly turns in a subjective dictionary. Mexico is the town where dead women blow the smoke of their cigarette through the bullet hole in their forehead, where time and space dissolve in an infinite Twilight zone.

Lots of books and cinema, lots of masked mexican wrestlers, lots of ghosts from all around the world. No action. Nothing ever happens in Mexico DF - only twisted memories that belong to no one.

Good enough to be mentioned here.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Nullsleep
            • May 2008

Currently reading:

Just finished reading:

Last edited by Nullsleep; 01-15-2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• jamesd
              • Sep 2008

Just finished L'Etranger (in French). Trying to learn the language on my own. I think I missed a lot but it was a great book for the language exercise.

Now reading Flaubert's The Temptation on St. Anthony (in English, can't tackle this in French yet )

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Could've sworn i posted in here earlier today, guess it didn't go through...

anyway done with Humboldt's Gift, i look forward to revisiting it as I get older...

now 100 pages into Herzog. Really heavy and cutting stuff, but compulsively readable.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• todestrieb
                  • Mar 2009

Comment

• laughed
                    • Jul 2009

Hope this isn't breaking any forum rules by posting this but I am converting some of my books to pdf and thought I might share this one. This is a StyleZeitgeist exclusive! but of course if you like it, buy it. Anyway, I figured there might be some people here interested, it's a pretty good read. Scanned at high-quality, either 300 or 600, can't remember.

Steven Paxxino - The No Texts

// hxxp://lix.in/-7356f0 //

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

i'd finished Shalimar the Clown by Rushdie, a beautiful book but a bit too brutal. Reading this I better understood the difference highlighted by dontbecruel a while back along the lines of how Bellow writes, even about the trials and injustices of life, from a perspective of love whereas many major writers are fueled by hatred.

Picked up Joe Eszterhas' Hollywood Animal at the discount bin, goin through that now...I'd known about the guy as a writer of some dubious film scripts, but reading this I regard him with a new respect. Funny how negative perceptions and preconceptions of people can change so drastically after hearing them tell their own story.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                        • Feb 2009

Éric Chevillard: Au plafond (1997).

I really loved the intelligent, subtle humour of Oreille rouge (2005), but this earlier book isn't for me. I appreciate Chevillard working in different genres of humour, but this is too silly. Perhaps it stimulates fans of pataphysicists like Perec and Queneau. Perhaps he did manage to establish an independent tone later on.

Comment

• ronin
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009

Finished a book of Zweig short stories (Brennendes Geheimnis) in a pleasant French translation. Even though it touched me more when I was a teenager, his books are still perfect for public transportation.

Started Pierre Michon's Vies minuscules and so far I find it excellent, I hadn't felt so enthusiastic for an author in a long time.

Comment

• Macro
                            • Apr 2008

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running - Haruki Murakami

I'm a big fan of his fiction, so this has been a pleasant read thus far. Some good creative inspiration in its comparison to a lifelong exercise commitment. Not usually a fan of non-fiction, so I can only tolerate light reads like this :)
                            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• todestrieb
                              • Mar 2009

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Your taste in movies and books, sometimes I wonder if we live on different planets, lol. This is not said in a bad way, but I have never heard of anything you've posted on this forum.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎