been reading a range of different books, but most recently this one

Comment

• fireflygrave
      • Aug 2012

put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• viv1984viv
        • Feb 2008

Reading Under The Volcano, by Malcolm Lowry. The Mexican obsession continues...
        Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

anyone read dc comics ? when i stopped a few yrs ago there was the battle of the cowl , legion ended , a new red robin , but my fav storyline at the time was the whole chris kent thing w/ him somehow leaving the phantom zone . i recently went to a comic shop and it looks like the dcu got rebooted afuckingain . anyone know how the chris kent storyline ended ? what about connor kent , i didnt see any superboy titles on the shelf . did they bring him back after all these yrs only to get rid of him post reboot ?
          was thinkin bout pickin up some dc books again but from what i saw , and i didnt spend much time in the store tbh so i didnt see a whole lot , i didnt see anything that interested me enough cept maybe detective comics

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

reading Ham on Rye and The Idiot, and they are becoming my favorite books...

Originally posted by Macro View Post
            Finished WOMEN by Charles Bukowski. Feel disgusting.
            why? lol

Comment

• Graygoose
              • Jul 2013

Reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis and The Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
              August Pope

Instagram: august_pope

There is beauty in decay.

Comment

• viv1984viv
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                yeah, both excellent books. Demons is my favourite Dostoevsky. (Faust is tired of me saying that!)

here are some nice quotes from Under The Volcano:

"...Night: and once again, the nightly grapple with death, the room shaking with daemonic orchestras, the snatches of fearful sleep, the voices outside the window, my name being continually repeated with scorn by imaginary parties arriving, the dark spinets. As if there were not real noises in these nights the colour of grey hair."

"He lay back in his chair. Ixtaccihuad and Popocateped, that image of the perfect marriage, lay now clear and beautiful on the horizon under an almost pure morning sky. Far above him a few white clouds were racing windily after a pale gibbous moon. Drink all morning, they said to him, drink all day. This is life!

Enormously high too, he noted some vultures waiting, more graceful than eagles as they hovered there like burnt papers floating from a fire which suddenly are seen to blowing swiftly upward, rocking.

The shadow of an immense weariness stole over him... The Consul fell asleep with a crash."

"M. Laruelle set the writhing mass in an ashtray, where beautifully conforming it folded upon itself, a burning castle, collapsed, subsided to a ticking hive through which sparks like tiny red worms crawled and flew, while above a few grey wisps of ashes floated in the thin smoke, a dead husk now, faintly crepitant..."
                Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

why? lol
                  Reading Bukowski is akin to a bludgeoning. Watch his interview series (posted on youtube) for eerie insights.

FIREFLYGRAVE, Snowcrash is an excellent book. with a name like Hiro Protagonist...
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• church of tiamat
                    • Sep 2013

just perfect, reading it for the third time. classic. Any horror enthusiast should read this

Comment

• Simari
                      • Aug 2013

why? lol
                      I love Bukowski, been wanting to read some of his stuff lately, but no time. Last think I read of his was Post Office...apart from poems and such.

Originally posted by Graygoose View Post
                      Reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis and The Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
                      American Psycho scared the crap out of me.

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post

How is Cloud Atlas?

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                        Reading Bukowski is akin to a bludgeoning. Watch his interview series (posted on youtube) for eerie insights.
                        I usually am laughing my ass off when I watch one of his videos. I've seen a whole documentary, and even watched barfly but that sucked ass.

Originally posted by Simari View Post
                        I love Bukowski, been wanting to read some of his stuff lately, but no time. Last think I read of his was Post Office...apart from poems and such.
                        I think post office was great, but pretty short, seems like factorum is short too, I just bought it. Dunno if I wanna read Hollywood, I think this is my ordering for his shit.

1. Ham on Rye
                        2. Women
                        3. Post Office
                        Factorum ??? dunno yet

love his work, prefer it over a lot of pretentious bullshit out there.

Comment

• Simari
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Funny, I was going to start the same course today.
                          How is the course looking for you? I ran into some issues at work, so I'm still reading on In Our Time...I should finish it up tomorrow. I guess I'll start the lessons once I finish reading.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                            • Aug 2012

How is Cloud Atlas?
                            Pretty great. I am on the middle section, so I haven't got everything figured out yet. It's a really good story, and also an interesting study in different types of narrative (3rd person, oral tradition, interview, diary, etc) if you're into that sort of thing! I would definitely recommend it
                            put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Simari
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post
                              Pretty great. I am on the middle section, so I haven't got everything figured out yet. It's a really good story, and also an interesting study in different types of narrative (3rd person, oral tradition, interview, diary, etc) if you're into that sort of thing! I would definitely recommend it
                              Sounds pretty cool. I'm always looking for something different to read, so it sounds like it will be a whole lot of fun to check out. I love books that leave you guessing until the end. I get bored with things I can predict and often just don't finish if I can't keep entertained.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

How is the course looking for you? I ran into some issues at work, so I'm still reading on In Our Time...I should finish it up tomorrow. I guess I'll start the lessons once I finish reading.
                                Never started it - for some reason the iTunes U app is refusing to play anything. Maybe it's their way to make me finally upgrade ti iOS 6. BUT I DON'T WANNA!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎