• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: What are you reading?

the metaphysics- Aristotle
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• sea of stitches
      • Oct 2006

a year in provence (peter mayle)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Just finished Notes on "Camp" by Susan Sontag. Very interesting essay, I think I may use that... Makes me think of Galliano in a whole new way.</p>

I remember hearing the word "Camp" out of Johnny's virtual mouth a few years ago and wondering what he meant. Now I have the definitive word [57]
        </p>
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Pat Barker - Regeneration. Sad and powerful.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Sontag is great...very critical mind. Right now I'm juggling "The Assault on Reason" by Al Gore and "Slouching Towards Nirvana" by Charles Bukowski. I have to admit that Gore is commanding more of my time. Common points threaded together in a 'connect the dots' tapestry that reveals a pretty cool picture for an easy read. If there are any fans of Bukowski out there that haven't read "Slouching Towards Nirvana", I would advise against it. This is nothing like "South of No North" which I found to be a great collection of short stories. This is more the ramblings of a pathetic broken alcoholic and I'm a huge fan of Bukowski. Total disappointment.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yes, I kind of like Bukowski, but I wouldn't say he is a great writer. Guys like him and Hunter Thompson, Chuck Palanhuik, etc. find their voice and just stick with it, and it gets stale after a while. Both has turned out great books and total trash. Nonetheless, Post Office is an awesome book, and so is Hollywood.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Yes, I kind of like Bukowski, but I wouldn't say he is a great writer. Guys like him and Hunter Thompson, Chuck Palanhuik, etc. find their voice and just stick with it, and it gets stale after a while. Both has turned out great books and total trash. Nonetheless, Post Office is an awesome book, and so is Hollywood.
                [/quote]</p>

</p>

I think therein lies the problem. I stumbled across the Thompson and Bukowski at around the same point, earlier in my life and found their voice to be fresh. As I am older now and had decided on a whim to pick up the aformentioned title, I found his voice to be stale. I guess I was expecting to see growth in his writing as this was one of his later publications, but not so. Which is unfortunate, for stagnant waters are not for wading. So do you read every post that goes up Faust? Actually, I think I know the answer to that. After all, SZ is your baby.
                </p>
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="Faust"]Yes, I kind of like Bukowski, but I wouldn't say he is a great writer. Guys like him and Hunter Thompson, Chuck Palanhuik, etc. find their voice and just stick with it, and it gets stale after a while. Both has turned out great books and total trash. Nonetheless, Post Office is an awesome book, and so is Hollywood.
                  [/quote]</p>

</p>

I think therein lies the problem. I stumbled across the Thompson and Bukowski at around the same point, earlier in my life and found their voice to be fresh. As I am older now and had decided on a whim to pick up the aformentioned title, I found his voice to be stale. I guess I was expecting to see growth in his writing as this was one of his later publications, but not so. Which is unfortunate, for stagnant waters are not for wading. So do you read every post that goes up Faust? Actually, I think I know the answer to that. After all, SZ is your baby.
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

Same here (about Thompson and Bukowski). And yes, I read every post :-)</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Slacking. I should be rereading The Bedford Handbook for Writers, but I am reading Foucault's lectures on Power.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• therapysessions
                      • Jul 2007

Right now, Bed by Tao Lin</p>

</p>

enjoying it so far. I just finished The Wind up bird chornicle by Haruki Murakami</p>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="therapysessions"]

Right now, Bed by Tao Lin</p>

</p>

enjoying it so far. I just finished The Wind up bird chornicle by Haruki Murakami</p>

[/quote]</p>

The fact that you finished it is commendable. I wasn't able to.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kronik
                          • May 2007

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore.

Comment

• Divo
                            • Mar 2007

Hi Faust,</P>

Due to my fascination for Asian Retail, I ordered the book " The cult of the Luxury Brand". I will start reading it today and will keep you up-to-date on its importance and conclusions.</P>

KR,</P>

Divo</P>

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Divo"]

Hi Faust,</p>

Due to my fascination for Asian Retail, I ordered the book " The cult of the Luxury Brand". I will start reading it today and will keep you up-to-date on its importance and conclusions.</p>

KR,</p>

Divo</p>

[/quote]</p>

Definitely, let me know how it is.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
                                • Mar 2007

im reading Oracle Stone by Peter Hessler,find itinteresting so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎