Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sCrAtChy
    • Oct 2009

That video is great but those from Rodney Mullen is still the best.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Dylan kills it. I read in an interview that he wasn't happy with his Workshop part so he went out and filmed that. The last 50-50 is near H.Lorenzo.. shit is crazy.

The new Transworld video dropped. If you want an online version PM me. Dylan has a massive Impossible in it. Shane ONeil has the best ledge skating part I've ever seen.. but it's still somehow boring. Mike Anderson and Nestor Judkin's have really creative parts.

Oh.. if you guys don't know about Roger Skateboards you should check it out. My buddy Mike started it with Stacey Lowery and my best friend, Brandon rides for them. They have a video coming out this holiday season and I'll have a few tricks in it. The plan is to turn Broussard pro after it drops.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
        Dylan kills it. I read in an interview that he wasn't happy with his Workshop part so he went out and filmed that. The last 50-50 is near H.Lorenzo.. shit is crazy.

The new Transworld video dropped. If you want an online version PM me. Dylan has a massive Impossible in it. Shane ONeil has the best ledge skating part I've ever seen.. but it's still somehow boring. Mike Anderson and Nestor Judkin's have really creative parts.

Oh.. if you guys don't know about Roger Skateboards you should check it out. My buddy Mike started it with Stacey Lowery and my best friend, Brandon rides for them. They have a video coming out this holiday season and I'll have a few tricks in it. The plan is to turn Broussard pro after it drops.
        Yes I read that too. Seems it was a difficult time for him when they were filming that Alien vid and he wasn't on top of his game back then.
        Would love to see that Transworld video!
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

$lave turned Anthony Shultz pro and this is the debut part. Dude is the awesome.

Comment

• sCrAtChy
            • Oct 2009

Amazing video, very nice!

Comment

• kuriz
              • Nov 2010

Hey guys, I just bought my first skateboard at the age of 21! And wow, its great! Except when trying to just skate back and forth and then some 8 year old fly by dropping some crazy kickflip or an ollie even.

As said I have absolutely no experience what so ever but it seems like I've learned pretty quick the whole "getting your board to jump"-part of the ollie (that I've been told is pretty much the starting trick to learn other things). The only problem I seem to encounter over and over is the part where my feet is supposed to kind of slide upwards with the board, and then land again. It seems like I'm pressing down the board too early which results in the board landing around 20 centimeters ahead of me so that my backfoot lands on the ground and my front foot land half on the board, half on the ground.
              I know it takes a lot of time and I have been practicing. But somehow it feels like I'm not "thinking" about what is the exact thing that my body should do. Can anyone help me out here - I'm kind of in a crisis :p?

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

when u pop the tail of the board down with ur backfoot the board flies upwards a lil bit vertically so ur front foot then needs to move upwards also to kinda pull the board up but dont think too much about that or itll mess u up , just do it as a natural action when ur jumping , need to make sure you also bring your back foot up . i see alot of ppl who are learing ollies forget to do that , then use ur front foot to level the board so its kinda parallel with u and use the motion to land on top of it . also helps to bend ur knees a little while pushing and landing , bendin the knees helps with center of gravity and makes it easier to balance

i think tha key is bringing ur feet upwards with the board as u pop down and jump ( remembering to bring ur back leg upwards also ) and then gently press down with ur front foot while ur in mid air to level the board . if u dont bring that back foot up ur not gonna be able to level the board with ur front foot

so the motions we have are : ur movin forward , then pop down and the board flies upwards and ur front foot moves upwards with it to kinda catch it and also to help bring the board up higher , ur front foot is kinda bent so the side of that foot is facing the griptape , ur back foot also moves up , ur still moving forwards in the air now , then u bring ur front foot down a bit and the board now straightens out so its under you and parallel with u , then u naturally move downwards and land on top of the board . use ur feet on the griptape to control the board and keep it near you so it doesnt go flying too far away from u
                Last edited by jogu; 07-03-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• kuriz
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                  so the motions we have are : ur movin forward , then pop down and the board flies upwards and ur front foot moves upwards with it to kinda catch it and also to help bring the board up higher , ur front foot is kinda bent so the side of that foot is facing the griptape , ur back foot also moves up , ur still moving forwards in the air now , then u bring ur front foot down a bit and the board now straightens out so its under you and parallel with u , then u naturally move downwards and land on top of the board . use ur feet on the griptape to control the board and keep it near you so it doesnt go flying too far away from u
                  Thank you so much for this! This is exactly what I have been looking for. A small guide explaining me step by step what to do. I know you also write that thinking about it too much will make it much harder than it probably is and this might be one of my problems. But hey, all beginnings are difficult aren't they?
                  Oh yeah also: I see loads of people skateboard with almost the same shoes. Either these big really massive shoes (don't know their name) or Vans. What I haven't yet realised is that most of the guys skating in general often have this type of clothing also where the "big shoes" or Vans fit very well. But is that because it looks good to that "streetstyle" of theirs or is it because these shoes actually are better when skating? It might sound like a silly question but I just can't figure it out ^^

**edit**
                  Oh yeah also: is it easier to make an ollie/tricks in general while moving? Skating in itself, the whole "driving forwards" I find .. well not difficult, but I have to really take care. At the moment I use most of the time just standing on flat ground trying to make the ollie, but will it be easier for me if I go somewhere with a steady ground, roll forward a bit and then try and make the jump`?

Comment

• doldrums
                    • Dec 2008

I went skating today (totally impromptu) for the first time in about 8 years.

Super fun.

Started with Ollie till I had a decent one wired in. Then kickflip. Then nollie. Then nollie kickflip. Then switch kick - BAM took a spill.

In my jil sander tailored pants.

Gashed up my knee but the pants are intact.

I think I'm gonna get a new setup.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Hit me up, S.. I roll out a few times a week. Could hook you up with some product.
                      All the tips in the world can't replace practice. Just get out there and figure it out. Keep pushing.

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        Hit me up, S.. I roll out a few times a week. Could hook you up with some product.
                        All the tips in the world can't replace practice. Just get out there and figure it out. Keep pushing.
                        Sounds good - we should meet up either way.

Its a mental commitment to skate again - cuz its hard to just do it a little bit. You either have to let it consume you or watch from the periphery. At least thats been my experience. If i can get the balls and time to break back in I'll definitely hit you up.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                          or is it because these shoes actually are better when skating?
                          **edit**
                          Oh yeah also: is it easier to make an ollie/tricks in general while moving? Skating in itself, the whole "driving forwards" I find .. well not difficult, but I have to really take care. At the moment I use most of the time just standing on flat ground trying to make the ollie, but will it be easier for me if I go somewhere with a steady ground, roll forward a bit and then try and make the jump`?
                          i go thru like 1 or 2 pairs of skate sneaks a year , the bigness of them like on the sides is cos ur shit will get all scratched the hale up after a while from the constant scraping on the griptape , etc

i think after a while its easier to do tricks while ur movin as opposed to being stationary cos the momentum kinda helps you get up higher , but if ur just learning then its probably easier to practice like on the grass or someplace where u can stand still . my biggest advice for now is dont be afraid of falling . i member that was a fear of mine when i learned long ago , ur ass is gonna fall alot , even today i still fall which is why i only wear junk clothes when i go out skatin . plus its fun picking at the scabs on ur knees and showin them to friends jk lol

Comment

• kuriz
                            • Nov 2010

YES! I just did my first ollie! My sister and I was out walking the dog meanwhile I was driving around trying to get a better feel on the basic stuff: just standing on the board.
                            Then we made a hold for a break and I placed the board on some grass nearby while my sister (and dog) was watching me. After thinking about what you guys wrote and a few attempts it was like "oh that is how I should do it" and immediately after I made my first ollie ever! It wasn't very high, but who cares, I did it right, YES!

- Guess it was just a one hit wonder because I haven't been able to do it since but hey, tomorrow is another day. Thanks for the advice! :)

Comment

• KM80
                              • Mar 2008

I always found it helped to practice ollies over/up things to, as opposed to just trying to pop them standing or over nothing in particular. like start with a crack in the road, manhole cover, up a curb. I remember that helped me pick it up a lot quicker when I was a kid.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Simple shoes just make more sense. They feel better. It needs to be a good mix of support and board feel. There was a jacked era with super thick shoes and soles. They were terrible. The more stitching / design the more areas that get lifted and break down.

Half-cabs are just a perfect design. No break in time either. Which is why every company copies them. I blow them out in about 6 weeks. Not bad compared to other companies but my heels are also very bruised. I love the collabs companies do with shoe companies. Some-what limited runs yet the concept is unlimited. Shit is retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎