Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luke
    • Mar 2011

jerry hsu makes skateboarding look really difficult, which i think is amazing considering how many people make stuff so easy and boring. it's videos like that that remind you everything they're trying is ridiculous.

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

idk if easy and borin is the rite word , when i watch vids of my fave guys i wanna see them land the hard tricks . i alrdy know how hard some of it is so i dont rly want to see 10 mins of someone falling before they get the money shot . i mean like a fall here or there can be funny but usually more fun to see falls in the hall of meat category instead . rather see a good long line full of tech , thats when im like hoooooooo boy u see that shit thats what im talkin about

Comment

• zamacdonell
        • Sep 2010

Because you have "10 mins of falling" that is where the B-Sides name comes from. I definitely agree that it is nice to see guys land the hard tricks and that easy and boring is not necessarily the right words but I still enjoy seeing what goes into making the hard tricks on the videos.

Jogu, I'm interested in who your favorite guys are? In the mean time, Kerry Getz has always been a favorite of mine who makes it look "easy"

Comment

• luke
          • Mar 2011

don't get me wrong, it's not like all i want to see is bails. i just think it's refreshing to see something other than people making skating look easy. even though a lot of the tricks in videos these days are amazing, it all gets a bit blended together for me and it's harder and harder for skaters / tricks to stand out.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

I think the intro for Jerry's part was rad. He was going through a lot of injuries while filming Stay Gold and I think they (Miner and Manzoori) wanted to show how much blood, sweat and tears he put in.
            As for difficulty.. there's nothing more humbling than traveling across the globe and seeing the spots in person. Then all the tricks that have been done come to you and you realize how incredible some guys really are.

That Getz part is classic. That entire Habitat section in the vid is amazing even now.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

I'm not a huge fan of Nyjah but he's pretty unbelievable. Can't wait to see his 11.11.11 part.

Comment

• KM80
                • Mar 2008

Yeah he's kind of a monster.

Just read an interview Chris Nieratko did with him and he was going after the kids dad pretty hard, supposedly the guy was super controlling, took off with all the money he made and a lot of footage he had. Pretty fucked up.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Yeah.. I read that too. He's the reason he left Element and started up that company. I guess his dad thought he was going to get rich but it was a total flop. It's good to see that he's back with legit companies and has his own checking account.

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                    • Sep 2010

really like this video as well as the band

Comment

• marsa
                      • Feb 2011

been skating saturday nights at a nearby indoor skatepark - closed off for the "+30year old" skaters from 6 to 9 the last month and a half. The park all to our selves ( 10-15 guys) all pushing hard to gain back their confidence and nailing "tricks I used to be able to do" !

Amazed how my level of skating still holds a reasonably good standard after not skating the last 6-7 years. Superstoked on landing a 2 meter long nollie bs tailslide revert and k-grinding a 5 stair handrail!

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Foundation's new video "WTF" in full length. Might not be up for long. There is some serious rippage in there.

Comment

• luke
                          • Mar 2011

the wtf video is awesome, but i wish the slow-motion was toned down. that said, both taylor smith and ryan spencer's parts were insanely good. that kid abdias rivera had some really standout stuff as well. that fake frontside flip was caught perfect.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

I agree w the slow-mo. Not that the tricks don't warrant it but it didn't really flow with the speed of the music that well. I thought Merlino and Dakorta had crushing parts. But Spencer had the most interesting footage.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

i try not to talk about skateboarding too much but this is me

front crook in baltimore from low to high and i was trying a different trick out but it didn't work out

i have other photos on my computer at home but i don't have internet access there.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Nice shot. Low-to-high ledges are so fun. I recently got a photo as well. Fakie ollie, Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎