• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    i bought the most perfect bed pillow at abc. i was told it's the staff favourite and believe it because it feels fucking amazing..

i've always used down, but these things won't collapse. tried it at the store three times before buying them. worth every penny...
    I've used a contour latex pillow (can't remember the brand...) for a couple of years now and have realized how terrible 99% of pillows are especially if you have any back or neck problems. its the only thing I will ever use any more and it travels with me everywhere
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I want to unveil a new interior design expo I am involved in, Disruptive Design, which will occur during the NYCxDesign week in May. If you work in the interior design field and would like to exhibit, let me know.

This is a very cool project that will upend the way design is viewed and exhibited.

Spread the word! http://disruptivedesign.com/
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

electric outlets flush-mounted without the ugly wall-plates

Discover our selection of Multi-Light Pendants at Lumens. Create a full glow with multiple light sources with multi-light pendants.

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I am more and more fascinated by marble. Seems like a very SZ material - primal, textured, beautiful in itself, needing only elemental forms.
          When I was in primary school (elementary school for you USA residents) there was a factory on the other side of the fence by our sports oval that always had all sorts of slabs and off-cuts and hunks of marble that were piled up by the fence where we would play. I remember even at that young age being struck by how beautiful and elegant those slabs looked. I used to imagine dancing on them .
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I hated marble until a few years ago. I think it was due to the fact that we had this really cheap looking marble top in our kitchen when I was a kid

I'm still pretty selective about it but it can look amazing
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ahn View Post
              When I was in primary school (elementary school for you USA residents) there was a factory on the other side of the fence by our sports oval that always had all sorts of slabs and off-cuts and hunks of marble that were piled up by the fence where we would play. I remember even at that young age being struck by how beautiful and elegant those slabs looked. I used to imagine dancing on them .
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                I hated marble until a few years ago. I think it was due to the fact that we had this really cheap looking marble top in our kitchen when I was a kid

I'm still pretty selective about it but it can look amazing
                This quote by Pirsig from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which you should read, lowrey! Well, everyone should) had made me think a lot about materials.

"Technology is the making of things and can’t by its own nature be ugly or there would be no possibility for beauty in the arts, which also include the making of things. Actually, a root word of technology, techne, originally meant ‘art’. Neither is the ugliness inherent in the materials of modern technology.

Mass-produced plastics and synthetics aren’t in themselves bad. A person who’s lived inside stone walls of a prison most of his life is likely to see stone as an inherently ugly material, even though it’s also the prime material of sculpture, and a person who’s lived in a prison of ugly plastic technology that started with his childhood toys is likely to see this material as inherently ugly. But the real ugliness of modern technology is not found in any material or shape or act of product."

One of the reasons I love Rick is that he proved to the world that he can put you in cotton jersey and denim and make you the best-dressed person in the room.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

One of the reasons I love Rick is that he proved to the world that he can put you in cotton jersey and denim and make you the best-dressed person in the room.
                  that used to be true. now it is likely filled with tons of people in rick. well-dressed room though.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I don't know where you hang out, buddy :-) By and large, this is still the case (except for fashion weeks and StyleZeitgeist events)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

i was using 'room' metaphorically. and in any case: "you know we aren't meant to exist in the outside world..."

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

This quote by Pirsig from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which you should read, lowrey! Well, everyone should) had made me think a lot about materials.

"[I]Technology is the making of things and can’t by its own nature be ugly or there would be no possibility for beauty in the arts, which also include the making of things. Actually, a root word of technology, techne, originally meant ‘art’. Neither is the ugliness inherent in the materials of modern technology. .
                        That is lovely , tks for sharing!

@Faust & Lowrey you guys probably already have seen his work but Joseph Dirand does some amazing things with Marble.

Corian can definitely hold its own against marble ( albeit not as noble to the touch) but can look gorgeous in kitchen & furniture applications

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

my office is made out of corian. i like the seam sealing properties of this material, but it scuffs and gets dirty easily. you need to magic eraser everything to keep it looking good. corian sunken sinks that looks one piece with the counter look really good.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
                            That is lovely , tks for sharing!

@Faust & Lowrey you guys probably already have seen his work but Joseph Dirand does some amazing things with Marble.

Corian can definitely hold its own against marble ( albeit not as noble to the touch) but can look gorgeous in kitchen & furniture applications
                            Of course :-) Vincent Van Duysen introduced us some months ago.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

I am more and more fascinated by marble. Seems like a very SZ material - primal, textured, beautiful in itself, needing only elemental forms.
                              Dark Green marble is my obsession right now ... both b/c:
                              1. it kindof looks like a tangled rainforest (and thus is of interesting symbology ... the purity & eternity that is traditionally associated with marble + the overabundant vivacity of a rainforest) and
                              2. I really liked the use of dark green in the second look from the most recent Haider Ackermann collection.
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

very cool, such a timely direction of posting. I'm in the process of renovating 3 bathrooms with sonoma forge fixtures and concrete vanities. The challenge was to find a floor tile that was cool underfoot and had the texture of river rocks...you know where I'm going here... I chose black tumbled, clefted marble. when I went into the tile store I was looking for slate but as soon as I touched the unexplainable natural, silky coolness of the marble, even with deep clefting it was the immediate realization that nothing else would be acceptable. its really, truly special.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎