X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nathaliew817
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I've tried looking for an SZ equivalent, but it cannot be found. There are some good pinterest boards if you search for "minimalist" etc., but then you are stuck because it does not tell you to where actually buy the stuff. Your best resource is probably the few of our interior design/architecture threads in the culture section.

I'm in the same boat. Got to that age where I actually want to enjoy where I live and have it furnished according to my tastes. I've been slowly redecorating starting last year. This year need to repaint the entire apartment white and get new book cases.
    I feel Axel Vervoordt fits the SZ look. It's minimal with rough and earthy materials. He looks for local products and reuses materials from the building, it's surroundings. To bad it's all so damn pricey.

You should look at the second and third video about the use of material, great philosophy http://thegreenwichhotel.com/penthouse/
    V A N II T A S

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I know all about Axel Vervoordt, nathaniel :-)
      As a matter of fact I got a private tour of his castle and the complex he is building in Belgium. Major article forthcoming.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Last night at Collective Design Fair.
        LMD Studio, Lukas Machnik, Parts of 4, Rick Owens, etc.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

sorry but it looks like a "conan the barbarian" collection for cinna or roche bobois
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• nathaliew817
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I know all about Axel Vervoordt, nathaniel :-)
            As a matter of fact I got a private tour of his castle and the complex he is building in Belgium. Major article forthcoming.
            I'm so jealous! I saw the photos of his castle in magazines. it looks mesmerizing.

I often walk through the Vlaeykensgang in Antwerp to see if any of his Medieval apartments might be for sale.
            V A N II T A S

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
              sorry but it looks like a "conan the barbarian" collection for cinna or roche bobois
              nailed it.

I did like the mirror that Lukas did. I know it's on his IG feed, I think faust posted it on his feed as well. Looked liked a bronzed Gaetano Pesce piece. Pretty cool.
              Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Mirror in question:

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Andrew Klein invented a saw blade that makes building drawers much easier and leaves virtually zero waste. I thought this might be interesting for members who build furniture themselves.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

thats interesting, though not exactly zero waste as it chews a good chunk of wood out, in fact a drawer made of plain rectangular pieces without any type of miter joint would probably have less waste.

but its actually a neat workaround to making a miter joint if you don't have access to any type of angular saw.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      but its actually a neat workaround to making a miter joint if you don't have access to any type of angular saw.
                      but instead have a table buzzsaw at home!

Seriously: The waste issue put aside, I think it’s quite a brilliant idea to speed up workflows. You could do the same on a traditional (or CNC) mill, yet now all you need to do is changing the sawblade. That’s a matter of minutes, whereas changing tools (read: changing workspaces, we’re talking big tools here!) and reconfiguring the mill would take much more time.

I wonder if his idea would also work with solid wood. For now it’s a workaround for compound, I assume, but if you’d get the outermost layer of solid wood as thin as possible, maybe it would bend as nicely?

As for the Collective Design Fair, I’m a bit with BSR here
                      Not exactly my type.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

You need to see it to believe it.

LMD STUDIO - RICK OWENS, PARTS OF FOUR, ETC.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Went to ICFF yesterday. A lot of good lighting, not as much in terms of furniture. I'm really enamored by lighting from Apparatus these days. Quite expensive, but good stuff, made in New York.

Founded in 2012, Apparatus is a New York based interdisciplinary design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture, objects and spaces.

\

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Oh yes, let´s talk about lighting. Michael Anastassiades (say it three times in a row) makes great lamps as well.

The last two and the second one Faust posted would be fairly easy to replicate (not to discredit the designer, but to do a fun DIY project). The last time I built a lamp I almost got electrocuted – has anyone on SZ done this successfully and is willing to share his/her outcome?
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I've built and rewired some old lamps, not difficult but of course you need to be careful not to short circuit etc.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                The last time I built a lamp I almost got electrocuted – has anyone on SZ done this successfully and is willing to share his/her outcome?
                                If you’re sure to follow the circuit and don’t cross connect, nothing bad can happen. Also switch off electricity before installing the lamp, but that would be common sense, ne? ;)
                                The next important thing refers to the material of your lamp fitting. If it’s plastic or porcelain, you basically don’t have to care (professional electricians, correct me!), but if it’s a metal fitting, you need to ground it. You usually do so by leading a neutral wire through the switches connecting the fitting.
                                Depending on your switch (inline, fitting-integrated, et cetera) that can be quite a fiddle.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎