Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

If it was the door to my wine cellar, I could totally live with it's annoyingly slow movement.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
      If it was the door to my wine cellar, I could totally live with it's annoyingly slow movement.
      Depends on how drunk you are.

Tadao Ando´s new project looks good btw:

{{ ($root.post && $root.post.id) ? $root.post.translations[$root.lang].socialSubtitle : $root.seo.metaDescription | translate | stripHtml }}
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        Depends on how drunk you are.

Tadao Ando´s new project looks good btw:

https://www.nowness.com/story/tadao-ando-ichigoni-152
        I've always wanted to be rich for hypothetical, vague and remote reasons (a loft in manhattan, blah, blah), but for the first time I want to be rich for a concrete reason.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          [...]but for the first time I want to be rich for a concrete reason.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

OMG, I'm zinging even when I don't mean to! Next level writing skillz.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
              • Nov 2006

was that not intentional?
              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I WISH it was!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

I WISH it was!
                  You could´ve just said yes!

BTW if anyone from Europe is interested in acquiring a Flos lamp, there are some of them on sale at Monoqi
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• nathaliew817
                    • Sep 2014

Here's the English site, because switching languages apparently gives an error.
                    V A N II T A S

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Idk how to embed Vimeo videos, but this is an interesting cabinet concept:

This is "Wave" by Sebastian Errazuriz Studio on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        Idk how to embed Vimeo videos, but this is an interesting cabinet concept:
                        https://vimeo.com/122102861
                        Noisy, but quite a lovely concept indeed. I checked his other videos, there’s more than just the wave concept. And I am envious on his book collection (three times the Sheila Hicks book designed by Irma Boom, I’d kill for just one of them), but that is another story.

In the meantime, I was on the hunt for a sofa. There were some ideas on my mind that changed over time (in the past four years, I had a crush on both american, german, danish and dutch mid century designs, in that order), and I even considered a DIV project, but then … …

First things first, It was a difficult decision between a vintage piece or a contemporary design. Since mid century is quite a hit right now, the market here is ruined. Have you ever tried to get a fiberglass Eames sidechair? You pay twice the price of a new plastic one. Also considering that I am a bit tired of all these perfectly styled freundevonfreunden-style interiors, I thought: no; no vintage.
                        But checking out the usual suspects of contemporary furniture, things changed. I found most designs quite tacky looking, and also often way too "loungy" (in lack of a better word). Dont get me wrong, I love a comfortable seat, but I honestly dont want to be drowning in a sea of shiny black leather. Or duotone Kvadrat fabrics on softerthansoft cushions. I am polemic now, I know, but these are my experiences.

And then there was pricing. At the moment, I just cant afford a huge sofa by, let’s say, Vitra or Hay. The more affordable, less loungy and more rigid styles, Kiki by Artek and Satyr by ClassiCon namely, were - not only, but also - for that reason on my eyes, almost pulled the trigger on a three-seater Kiki, when she came up:

(hi-res image: http://i.imgur.com/i9fTuYu.jpg?1)

BR02 by Martin Visser for t'Spectrum, NL, 1960s
                        In fact, I couldnt be more happier. A vintage piece, after all. Mid century, even. But a rare piece, at least in these climes, very elegant and… I am drooling, dont you see?

End of the story.
                        I'll leave this here and take a nap. You know where.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Mr. Oliver Harnden-wearing Gustav selling Rick furniture, are you on SZ?
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

He isn't. I was at the shop last year with Shucks and when I introduced myself I was met with the blankest of stares.

To be honest he was kind of a dick. Or maybe it was his Scandinavian modesty that I mistook for something else.

In any case, the shop is very nicely edited. He certainly has good taste.

Off-topic - look at the shitty way he wears Harnden. We've had this discussion before (with FMC) about how actually Harnden looks great on young people. I mean, what the fuck is the point of this guy wearing a Harnden jacket? He does it no justice. Yet he'll be the one buying it this season. This was part of the reason for my rant. Sorry to keep harping on it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

A shop owner wearing Harnden and selling Rick, furniture no less, not knowing SZ? Odd, but at least that explains his styling of the jacket, as you point out.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

He isn't. I was at the shop last year with Shucks and when I introduced myself I was met with the blankest of stares.

To be honest he was kind of a dick. Or maybe it was his Scandinavian modesty that I mistook for something else.
                                nope, that wasn't modesty. pretty sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎