• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by surver View Post
    flexform makes absolutely the most comfortable sofas... with the price to go with it...

however - i shouldn't be supporting this, but - there's this company that makes such good, almost exact, replicas of flexform/b&b italia/maxalto/etc that the real b&b italia actually approached them to oem their upholstered furniture for them:

http://www.camerich.com/
    Gah...they even used the same colour-combos...
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kvjan
      • Nov 2009

Endersgame, what kind of floating desk, and chair (the wood one), is that? They are both quite nice.
      Flexform makes extremely comfortable sofas, which has been stated, but another company that has some nice models which can be customized for far less than their Italian counterparts is Montauk.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

The Montauk sofas tend to be a bit...poofy. Dunno...I love the idea of down, but now the upkeep and slouchy-ness if not fluffed 24/7.

At the moment I covet the following:

I have neither the space nor the budget, but I can dream. Maybe the Noguchi lamp is foreseeable...
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kvjan
          • Nov 2009

Yes, the Montauk sofas can be too down-filled, but there are levels of down; when I was buying a sofa I checked it out and I could have ordered cushions that were more firm.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

kvjan, both are by urbancase...

Comment

• Schadenfreude
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by surver View Post
              an alternative:

exquisitely crafted rare hardwood [modernized chinese] furniture from CHUNZAI...

This is gorgeous.
              Originally posted by ddohnggo
              fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• surver
                • Oct 2007

it's an interpretation of the traditional 'meditation chair' called <禅椅>, pronounced 'chan-yi', measured about 70x70cm square. been wanting to buy one but just can't seem to find the appropriate 'corner' at home.

it's made of a type of very hard rosewood called 'rose sandalwood'; inset is in rattan.

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

need a sofa-bed. does a good one exist?

is this the nicest out there?

on one hand

on the other
                  Last edited by doldrums; 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                    need a sofa-bed. does a good one exist?

is this the nicest out there?

on one hand

on the other
                    http://www.ligne-roset-usa.com/produ...stra_1610.aspx
                    I'm becoming repetitive, but Flexform again. :)

If you only need a twin-size, and you won't be using it often as a bed, I have the Andy sofa from B&B Italia, and it works well in that regard.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

A little late, but as I promised - a not so good picture of the Toio.

I put in a new black oak floor last friday, such an improvement of the old puke white laminate floor, which was slippery and cold. It's so much warmer to walk on wood.

This was laying under the old floor,

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

^^ very nice. I'm scare of how much electricity it uses...is there a dimmer?

ps - I'm cheap :)

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Fortunately for me it has a dimmer and I haven't got this months electricity bill . Although I live in a one room apartment, so I don't pay much for electricity anyway.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            Fortunately for me it has a dimmer and I haven't got this months electricity bill . Although I live in a one room apartment, so I don't pay much for electricity anyway.
                            I have electric heat.

I had the Parantesi light by Castiglioni in the past...unfortunately, installing it (a bitch) discouraged me from taking it with me, so it stayed (with the ex). Concrete ceilings are not your friend.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

Free water heat in my building, and have been in every apartment I've lived in or been too. Maybe it's a swedish thing?

In retrospect, Toio seems useless without the dimmer, if you crank it up to max, it lits the whole room (25m2). You should have a pretty big italian mansion to have the original ones without a dimmer.

Looked at the Parantesi at first, but decided that it's to much of a hassle for a "floor lamp". It's beautiful although.

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

i used mine when i was working in the middle of the night on max, it was great as of right now its half 11 with the cealing light on and a tripod light on my eyes are straining. Too bad i split beer on the toio the old bulb cracked and im waiting in a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎