• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Not sure if this has been posted...made me lol:

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by surver View Post
      faust, you should check out restoration hardware for curtains - they have very beautiful belgian linen, etc.. what sofa did you end up buying?

if you're into industrial era stuff they have quite a selection and pretty good quality at reasonably acceptable prices...

for those in new york, have you guys checked out hudson furniture in the meatpacking district?

Discover the Hudson official website and customize the collections of lighting and furniture for your own space.

exquisite stuff but very very expensive...
      BTDT :-) Definitely an option, but I thought I could get something similar at a fabric store and just have it finished.

I found a new-condition Ligne Roset gray linen sofa - fantastic piece. Yours is awesome!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Graypants recycled lighting. Met these guys at ICFF in New York a few years ago, and I love the stuff - only if it wasn't so ridiculously overpriced.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          BTDT :-) Definitely an option, but I thought I could get something similar at a fabric store and just have it finished.
          Totally , try Zarin fabrics on the LES & find a seamstress to sew them!

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Only recently have I learned about the RIDICULOUS prices high end stores charge for simple, straightforward pillows. $100-500 for a pillow (albeit maybe made of an interesting fabric)... and not even a large one at that. It's a racket. Drapery is the same way IMO. Swami has the right idea.

Surver, that is a BEAUTIFUL couch! I've been looking for a while now for a couch that balances minimalist/modern while still being cush and comfortable and that one hits it on the head. Love it.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yeah, Flexform is fantastic.

Thanks for the recommendation, swami. Don't need a seamstress - my girlfriend makes clothing :-)

Heh, Albert, next time go into ABC when you are in NYC. A $350 throw pillow is normal.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Yeah, Flexform is fantastic.

Thanks for the recommendation, swami. Don't need a seamstress - my girlfriend makes clothing :-)

Heh, Albert, next time go into ABC when you are in NYC. A $350 throw pillow is normal.
                If I could consistently sell pillows at $350 each, I'd make that shit day in and day out and quit everything else.

I've recently delved deeper into the furniture realm and this thread has become one of my favorites on the site. The same fun hunt exists with furniture as it does with clothes except that the shipping can often cost more than the item if overseas :(

Lots of fun though to dig at local vintage furniture places for gems :)

That couch again above is so lovely and more reasonable in pricing. I have been frustrated with the pricing of sofas/couches... The fritz Hansen alphabet modular sofa is nice and minimalist but nears $10k for something that would fit two people and that's just too much to justify.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

I recall asking for a quote for new covers for b&b italia cushions...$500 was the base fabric price, and up to 1500 for leather.

Your sofa really is the most important piece of furniture you'll buy (aside from your mattress), so in the grand scheme of things, should be upwards of 50% of your entire furniture budget. As most "designer" sofas are now exceeding the $10g mark, that can make buying furniture for the average person rather daunting.

Frankly, I'd rather have a $10,000 sofa, a $500 lamp, and a nice tv than a $3000 sofa, $1000 coffee table, 2 x $500 side tables, a $2000 lounge chair, $1500 worth of lighting, and a $1500 rug.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yeah, these days the $10k couch is normal. It's just mental...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

When 10g is normal, Edra is thinking forward:

Switch Modern e-commerce store features the latest unique, one-of-a-kind european contemporary luxury furniture, lighting, kitchen cabinetry, accessories, rugs

Comment

• kuugaia
                        • Feb 2010

^ Looks like abstract dog shit. $90k? No thanks.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                          ^ Looks like abstract dog shit. $90k? No thanks.
                          I'm a fan of Edra in general...I like how they don't give a fuck if something is even remotely practical...this piece though is awful. They tend to either nail it, or completely lose the story and end up campy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I still love their boa sofa that a member on here has in his home. It's a quirky piece that still has a level of soft austerity to it.

Comment

• treasurehoard
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Not sure if this has been posted...made me lol:

http://fuckyournoguchicoffeetable.tumblr.com/
                              TYFT!

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Holy shit, Hudson furniture makes me feel like everything in my life is a bargain. I could take up heli-skiing for less than the cost of an end table.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎