• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

That's a strange website. :-/

Do you know the model name of the sofa you bought? Just curious.

For what it's worth, I prefer the Flos.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• surver
      • Oct 2007

on lighting

an alternative to the 'modern' ones:

login as username: artemishome password: 123456

i believe they also oem for the likes of ralph lauren, restoration hardware, etc..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        That's a strange website. :-/

Do you know the model name of the sofa you bought? Just curious.

For what it's worth, I prefer the Flos.
        I'm curious myself! I will take a picture and ask at the local Ligne Roset shop. Just had it delivered and very happy with it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

you do know that zhongshan city is one of china's largest manufacturing base of fake/copy lighting...? the ligne roset is obviously a copy

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

That's what I figured from that website. It's just strange that it pops out first in the google image search for that lamp.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              That's what I figured from that website. It's just strange that it pops out first in the google image search for that lamp.
              the image is the real thing...what you probably get from them, however...
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• surver
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                the image is the real thing...what you probably get from them, however...
                that's right.

that being said, however, i've seen very very very good and well-made copies of a number of brands that i'm even wondering if these brands are indeed oem-ing in china...

you'll be surprised how much stuff claimed to be made in italy/france/etc are made in china (usually up to 90% of an item is made in china and shipped back to the 'origin' country for finishing, hence legally the tag can say 'made in whatever country' and not china...). this i am sure of since have seen in person and have gotten confirmations from sources in those companies...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Here you go :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

^^Nice. Looks really warm and is that an In Aisce campaign photo above? From the photo, it looks embossed into your wall-or is it?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Indeed, it is :-) No, it's a photo on a foam board, so it does look like it's floating.
                      I'll have to move it a bit to the left, since this couch is longer than my previous one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

Really cool match with the sofa. Seems majestic and very relaxing to me. I love that photo and it looks great on the foam board.

I'm going to have to take this journey through new furniture when I move to Manhattan in a few months. This thread is incredibly useful and Dane's advice seems endless.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

One of the unintentional side effects of running a magazine is that now I have no shortage of amazing original photography for my walls.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Looks great...I was a bit worried when you said Ligne Roset...some of their stuff is a bit...euro. but well done! I like very much.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Thank you. I like quite a bit of Ligne Roset, but I know what you are saying. You know what's Euro - Roche Bobois. I just don't get it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

Faust, It looks really nice and comfortable, so I can understand
                                you're happy about that one. So does Survers, I liked that
                                one to. To me a couch needs to feel inviting, you two have made
                                some great choices.
                                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡