X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

i've got no dog in this fight and really don't give a shit but this is a ridiculous statement

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
    he has really ruined the Bulls chances in this series.
    i'm not arguing that he's shot well or that he's had a great series but a legendary performance by him was the only chance the bulls had to win the series. so, if you mean that in order for the bulls to have won, rose needed to be spectacular and he wasn't and therefore he ruined their chance, i agree with you....otherwise????

and Lebron is the best player in the league and his off the ball d is amazing....should be fun watching him try and shut down dirk..going from guarding a 6'3" pg to a 7' pf is quite a challenge

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Rose is a very good player, but he is gonna have to change his game for the Bulls to have a chance.
      they have a very good team, a more complete team than the heat does, as they have good players at every position. it is for this reason they ended up with the best record, but he has got to become a better play maker.............Needs to practice a lot of pick-N-Roll with Boozer and Noah in order to be better next year.

The difference in criticism between Rose and Westbrook is simple, their games are Similar, but Westbrook isn't the best player on the Thunder, so he is rightfully criticized for doing too much at the expense of feeding KD......with Rose, he is the best player on his team, but he has to learn to get other players involved offensively, you are only gonna go as far as your supporting cast.............if he wanna know he can ask LeBron why he left Cleveland.

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
      i've got no dog in this fight and really don't give a shit but this is a ridiculous statement

i'm not arguing that he's shot well or that he's had a great series but a legendary performance by him was the only chance the bulls had to win the series. so, if you mean that in order for the bulls to have won, rose needed to be spectacular and he wasn't and therefore he ruined their chance, i agree with you....otherwise????

and Lebron is the best player in the league and his off the ball d is amazing....should be fun watching him try and shut down dirk..going from guarding a 6'3" pg to a 7' pf is quite a challenge
      I highly doubt LeBron is gonna Guard Dirk, at least not much, Haslem will have that assignment.........
      the Mavs have a great Chance in part because of Tyson Chandler, but he is gonna have to contain Bosh, i see this as being a tough series, and I think the Mavs do have a chance.........however my Pick is the heat in 6, the only chance the Mavs have is to make sure the win at least one of the first two games in Miami...
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

I'd be shocked in james doesn't guard nowitski some of the time. I'm sure the heat will rotate and keep switching but i really believe that on big possessions, it will be james

meanwhile, dallas losing by 8

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Big Shot..............that could do it.......

lets see if the Thunder has it in them.....

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

Wow, another great come from behind by Dallas.

Given their ability to explode on the offensive side of the ball I think they put up a really good fight in the finals.

I think we'll see some Lebron on Dirk in terms of trying to muscle him out of the box a little but of course Haslem will be doing major duty.

As Zamb rightfully pointed out, Westbrook is criticized as his ill advised shots are seen as taking away from better opportunities for Durant. I agree with that 100%.

I have no dog in this fight as I love watching Rose play and will tune into any game he plays as he provides drama and athleticism that is rarely seen even in the NBA. HOWEVER, Rose did not have to have a monster series for the Bulls to win this. They are literally loaded with talent. The problem is, Rose is the only player on that roster with the ability to create shots. Unfortunately, he is taking those shots rather than setting up his team with easy looks. He is not an efficient shooter. Deng, Korver and Boozer are but they need the ball in their spots.

I'm certain Rose will improve and take his game to the next level, but every measure of performance that is used shows he has really stunk it up in this series.

Keep in mind that the point differential in this series is +8 for Miami through four games. It has been VERY close. A mediocre performance by Rose really could have turned the tide.

Wade hasn't been fantastic either but far better and he has been able to be a major game changer on the defensive side of the ball. Rose doesn't have this in his game yet.

I think we are all going to be in for a great finals. I'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

So its set,

Miami VS Dallas...............
              even though I could see Dallas winning, my Pick is Miami in 6.....

Comment

• skinfade
                • Jul 2010

Dallas certainly has deeper bench and even more exprience than Miami. However, NBA needs some superstar to sustain its popularity more than ever. Miami should have the upper hand for the series.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

This just aint fair............................

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

and suddenly, the dead has come alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we got a helluva series...............

Comment

• gavagai
                      • May 2010

what a game. Give it up for the Dallas D. Big time swarm the last 5+ minutes to stop the Heat from getting good looks. This is going to be a great series.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

dirk is the definition of MVP

maaaaavvvsss!!
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

heat forgot that the game is 48 mins long... probably forgot that they had a foul to give and that to lose a game on an uncontested layup is a sin

I'm very happy that they have poor memories

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

haha yep. them giving us the layup made up for terry giving them the 3 pointer...
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gavagai
                              • May 2010

(1) Better than the wide open 3 Chalmers made, was Lebron's pass from the sideline: Chalmers didn't have to move his feet one cm. Ball just landed in his hands in perfect shooting rythm. That was a thing of beauty.

(2) How about not putting Bosh on Dirk for the final play of regulation? That was just terrible. Make him beat Lebron off the dribble or make a contested 20 footer at the buzzer.

(3) How do they not use their foul? Foul him with five seconds and they need to run a set out of bounds. Much tougher to get Dirk a good look on that rather than allowing him to isolate against Bosh.

Comment

• skinfade
                                • Jul 2010

Agree, Spoelstra also made a big mistake to let Miller to inbound the ball. He should have let Bosh to inbound and set a pick for LeBron or Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎