X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
    if he is indeed making two more of these, hope he hires a writer.
    meh - avatar was enjoyable.

cameron's charm is making the corny digestable. did you go to that movie seriously expecting 'art'?

plus sam worthington's voice is loverly, australian actors somehow always have the best american accents.

-

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
      avantster: what movie?
      still life (三峡好人) by jia zhang ke, you can click on the image i posted.

Originally posted by klangspiel View Post
      ^ great film.
      thanks for continually posting interesting links, Y. you know, i've been wanting to watch the documentary jia zhange ke directed about ma ke and her label wuyong (useless) for a while now, would love to get my hands on a copy..
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
        ...I think the cosmic dance opening of Werckmeister is the best opening of a film I've seen so far...
        Me too - one of my favorite opening sequences. I love the mihaly vig soundtrack as well but that may be because the sound system in the theater I saw it was wonky (periodically slowing and then speeding up...sounded great in a disintegration loop kinda way).

Also funny you mention that sequence - just saw this frozen croissant commercial on television and it reminded me of it

commercial

werckmeister sequence

re: avatar - didn't expect much actually. guess its aesthetic and Great White Hope theme is too much/little for my stomach to handle...

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Hot damn... I just finished watching Easy Rider then I log on the internet and find out Dennis Hopper may be in his final days on earth...
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• dolochov
            • Aug 2009

accidentally looked through the first pages of this thread and found fuuma's top100 movies list. it's totally illegible though because of the html codes inserted everywhere in the text.
            is there a readable version somewhere on the internet? if not, i think i won't be the only grateful person if fuuma does us the favor to repost or edit it.

Comment

• wearejuststardust
              • Apr 2009

shortfilm "DIX" by the Mill
              online version

Last edited by wearejuststardust; 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I just read that eric rohmer died. I hope this is an unconfirmed internet rumor, because if it's true that would be sad

Comment

• wearejuststardust
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                  I just read that eric rohmer died. I hope this is an unconfirmed internet rumor, because if it's true that would be sad
                  unfortunately,it don't seem like a rumor...

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Well he was 90 so it's not all that shockins, but it's still very sad
                    he made some really nice films

Comment

• klangspiel
                      • Apr 2007

indeed rohmer has passed. i caught his last film a few years back.
                      an adaptation of honoré d'urfé's l'astrée. sumptuous film. i was distracted by the male protagonist's brown messenger bag most of the time though

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                      i've been wanting to watch the documentary jia zhange ke directed about ma ke and her label wuyong (useless) for a while now, would love to get my hands on a copy..
                      i don't believe it's out on dvd yet. saw it when it was making its film festival rounds, specifically @ melbourne film festival, two years ago. pretty certain it screened at the sydney film festival as well. jia's a very fine filmmaker. i tend to prefer his earlier films. they have more rawness and grain when compared to his more recent output.

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

^I remember that film and I remember that bag - it reminded me of an MA+ bag I think!

I've only seen a few Rohmer films but remember enjoying Claire's knee...

Comment

• wearejuststardust
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by klangspiel View Post
                          i don't believe it's out on dvd yet. saw it when it was making its film festival rounds, specifically @ melbourne film festival, two years ago. pretty certain it screened at the sydney film festival as well. jia's a very fine filmmaker. i tend to prefer his earlier films. they have more rawness and grain when compared to his more recent output.
                          true,the documentary "wu yong" isn't out on dvd.
                          wu yong don't even show in china.
                          i just watched this film on youku.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                            ^ :(

hopper's best, and one of my favorite movies ever:

i wish someone would give it a proper release, although there is a barebones dvd version that's never more than around $5.
                            Thanks for this heads-up. I've never heard of this film before, i gotta go look one up.

"Out of the blue, and into the black..." is one of my favorite turns of phrase ever.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• wearejuststardust
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post

These guys' imagination never ceases to amaze me. What a trip.
                              i only watched the first 3 or 5 mins cuz my gf ask me to watch it with her
                              damn,that's another suffer from long d relationship

Comment

• deius
                                • Jul 2009

Le Souffle au Coeur (A Murmur of the Heart)
                                Clever observations on bourgeois life, classic coming of age ingredients, and a story that is ultimately uplifting despite its dark content. Hard to believe Malle also directed Lift to the Scaffolds, the only thing they have in common is the jazz soundtrack. (Miles Davis' OST for Ascensceur is obligatory midnight listening)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎