X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

Banksy Does New York on HBO.

Extremely well done documentary making use of raw footage and the art and New Yorkers being New Yorkers; to ruffle your feathers and cause a debate. I mean, I hated nearly all the people in it, but it's a documentary so you don't pick the characters and I'm glad someone put it together because it was a nice era piece.

And the Zabar's guys, and the guy selling the $60 art, as well as the housing works piece were all great sidebars.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
        Innaritu's BIRDMAN
        2 words watch it!

must watch
        Couldn't agree more. One of the best new releases I have seen in the last years. Brilliant camera work, Keaton and Norton are on top form and it's based around a Raymond Carver short. Just amazing cinema.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Damn, now I need to go see it.

Watched theory of everything. What a story. If Eddie Redmayne does not win an oscar for best actor, I'll be surprised.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Forgot to mention I also watched Inherent Vice, which I had been looking forward to most out of this awards season's films...

I turned it off about 30 minutes into it - I had no clue at all what the hell was going on and the people I was watching it with started checking their instagram. We didn't really care to find out more. And I only really sat through all of The Master last year because I watched a screening in a cinema...
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kamsky
              • Jan 2007

Adding another recommendation for "Birdman". One of the better films I've seen this year, and in my estimation his best since "Amores Perros" (not to say that I don't think there's any merit to the films he's done in that interval).

Also went to see "The Babadook" two days ago and it very much has stayed with me. Beautifully composed and imaginative in the way it upends a number of the genre's trite conventions.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

for all u depressed goths out there who haven't found that festive spirit yet, this one is cute and might help:

it actually worked as a full movie, i thought.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

That looks rather funny.

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

downright awesome movie

helps to speak or understand hungarian, but worth watching sheerly for artistic direction

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Anyone see the trailer for Chappie yet? (From the guy who did District9)

I have to say that it looks pretty amazing. Like E.T. from an adult perspective or something. Also, the cast looks amazing and to have Die Antwoord in there is super interesting. The part in the trailer where he goes to pet the dog is a pretty amazing scene, as well as the one with He-man, etc....

Release Date: March 6, 2015In the near future, crime is patrolled by an oppressive mechanized police force. But now, the people are fighting back. When one p...

Comment

• kamsky
                        • Jan 2007

"A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night" is well worth checking out. Beautifully shot in a rich, vividly evocative black & white. Great take on a number of vampire movie conventions, with a smattering of nods to several different influences, such as spaghetti westerns, 60s teen dramas (don't know that that is in itself a genre, properly so-called; perhaps more of a set of stylistic and visual cues) and a healthy dose of David Lynch ("Blue Velvet" comes to mind). It all coheres very well; the direction is strong and confident without being heavy-handed and the acting is solid and nuanced -- especially given that the characters are sort of variations on well-trod tropes.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Has anyone seen the polish film Ida?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

Yes, the only Polish film i have seen, very beautifully shot and it pulls you into the story. Normally I'm not so so keen on B&W films; i feel it can come off contrived, but i thought it suited the mood and the story. The whole idea of changing the course of ones life, stayed with me.
                            My only wish was that it lasted longer, i felt it could have been nearly doubled.
                            Last edited by snafu; 12-29-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks snaf.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
                                • Jan 2007

+1 on the "Ida" recommendation, most haunting film seen this year ("Jealousy" being a somewhat close second).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎