• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

^i saw five minutes of that and i feel your pain

Originally posted by Mezeinee View Post
    Actors can’t just be ‘modeling’ around for 90 mins.

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Mezeinee
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
      ^i saw five minutes of that and i feel your pain

What movie is this still from?
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Mezeinee View Post
        What movie is this still from?
        la cicatrice intérieure
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• DamageX
          • Dec 2008

I must have watched Shaun the Sheep 10+ times. It makes me smile and laugh every time. It's great to watch after a frustrating day at work.

I love the artistry and attention to detail. It's also quite touching as well.

Comment

• malaesthetique
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
            Saw Birdman. Plot is pretty basic/ generic, but the way it was shot, as if done in one shot, is amazing. The soundtrack works perfectly with it. Definitely not best movie of the year though.

Would recommend just for it's freshness of style. Was also surprised by how short it was compared to how crazy long movies typically are now.
            Feeling a little late to comment on this film/post, but speaking of Gena Rowlands anyone else think BM borrowed a lot from opening night? The on-stage/backstage transitions esp. I lost interest and never finished as it seemed to deal with a lot of the same themes. Re-watched Cassavettes instead.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Good article on Alexander Sakurov

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by malaesthetique View Post
                Feeling a little late to comment on this film/post, but speaking of Gena Rowlands anyone else think BM borrowed a lot from opening night? The on-stage/backstage transitions esp. I lost interest and never finished as it seemed to deal with a lot of the same themes. Re-watched Cassavettes instead.
                And Barry Levinson somehow made the exact same film the same year with Al Pacino called The Humbling, which I thought was surprisingly more effective. Less free jazz though.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                  • Apr 2014

Lately I've been watching a lot of Sci-Fi, playing a lot of sci-fi games(Mass Effect series) and thinking of buying clothes to get the sci-fi feel. Sci-Fi.

Anyways, Her, was an interesting movie. This was my second time watching it. Of all the stories I've come across where A.I's have gained self consciousness, none of them brought about the idea that A.I's had a sense of impatience like this movie did.
                  Last edited by BlacknWhite; 09-03-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I only got partway through Her, but there was one line that really stuck out to me:

"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt."

And suddenly everything in life was boring.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• round
                      • Aug 2015

Saw Inherent Vice, probably the most nonsensical and confusing movie as of late.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                        I only got partway through Her, but there was one line that really stuck out to me:

"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt."

And suddenly everything in life was boring.
                        Watch the rest. One of the best films, if not the best, in recent years.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

Want to see the new Mad Max. Never watched any Mad Max movie, so just watched the old trilogy. Really outdated movies of course, but very entertaining concept and story.

While on the old-school sci-fi topic, also just watched Dune for the first time. I can see some designer references in the outfits used.
                          Grailed link

Comment

• round
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                            Want to see the new Mad Max. Never watched any Mad Max movie, so just watched the old trilogy. Really outdated movies of course, but very entertaining concept and story.

While on the old-school sci-fi topic, also just watched Dune for the first time. I can see some designer references in the outfits used.
                            The new Mad Max is fucking awesome man, see it, asap.

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Agreeing with both Her being one of the best, if not the best movie I've seen in a long time, certainly one of my absolute favorites and with Mad Max being amazing! We can look forward to more Mad Max coming which is awesome!
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Saw Mad Max yesterday. Two hours of unadulterated, relentless, imbecility. No acting, no dialogue, nothing. I don't understand how you guys like this. And I really don't understand how critics liked it. I did not care for its aesthetics either, with the exception of blue mud scenes - but aesthetics couldn't save this video game on steroids masquerading as a movie. This to the Mad Max franchise is what the Hobbit is to the Lord of the Rings.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎