Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gusgusterson
    • Mar 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Legend filmed in front of my office for a few days (probably because the highline already looks post apocalyptic (or at least it did before they cut the grass)). I've never been around a more rude, invasive film crew. I got really tetchy after the third day a 20 year old with a clip board asked me where I thought I was going. The ubiquitous Law and Order folks are always pleasant. </p>

I don't want to derail the thread, but what are movies you've walked out of? I'm a fan of leaving early.
    </p>

Comment

• klangspiel
      • Apr 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

[quote user="gusgusterson"]

I don't want to derail the thread, but what are movies you've walked out of? I'm a fan of leaving early.
      </p>

[/quote]</p>

Warhol's Empire... cause I was hungry... and frisky
      </p>

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

Just finished Kurosawa's Stray Dogs. The dress scene reminded me of Stylezeitgeist.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Just saw Sweeney Todd last night and it was honestly one of my most favorite films this year. I love Tim Burton and this movie did not let me down; The singing from the whole cast, even Depp, was fantastic and the the sets and costuming were great! (The costumes reminded me of Ann D. collections, haha)</p>

</p>
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Glad you liked it, Cas. Seems like a "fun" holiday movie. Gotta love Depp, too.</p>

I've got film block. I have The Wind That Shakes the Barley from Netflix laying in my house for a week. I've seen it in the theaters, and I am not sure I am ready to watch such a heavy film again. It goes back to our discussion on violence and heaviness in film, I think. However, for anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend.</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

Just saw "Gonne Baby Gone" the directorial debut of Ben Affleck. An intelligent and sober film about ethics and the consecuence of doing the right thing, was a good surprise to find a mediocre actor became an interesting filmmaker.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Watched Dr. Zhivago. It was pretty bad I thought. Obviously it can't come nearly close to the book, but the acting was atrocious... Of course it's a 60's film...</p>

Next = Blade Runner in HD!!!!</p>
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Just watched Being There. I always forget how exceptional of an actor Sellers was.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV>
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

has anyone seen paul thomas anderson's there will be blood? i saw a trailer for it when i saw no country for old men and it looked awesome. plus all the praise for it now is making me jones'n to watch it.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

watched sidney lumet's 'before the devil knows you're dead' the other day. i was really looking forward to it, but ended up seriously underwhelmed. sloppy filmmaking, and plot holes all over the place. ok performances though, and some good details.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Has anyone seen Irina Palm? A friend just recommended it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Watched open range, good western with strong character development and a focus on "values" that is the hallmark of a good western IMHO.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="gutpocho"]Just saw "Gonne Baby Gone" the directorial debut of Ben Affleck. An intelligent and sober film about ethics and the consecuence of doing the right thing, was a good surprise to find a mediocre actor became an interesting filmmaker.[/quote]</P>

This looks promising, I liked the trailer and was impressed by the Eastwood adaptation of one of his other books. To be fair Eastwood is one of the preeminent filmaker discussing the nature of violence so the match was perfect, which might not be the case here.</P>
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="mass"]watched sidney lumet's 'before the devil knows you're dead' the other day. i was really looking forward to it, but ended up seriously underwhelmed. sloppy filmmaking, and plot holes all over the place. ok performances though, and some good details.[/quote]</p>

completely forgettable as was gone baby gone. though baby might stay w you longer because of the twisty ending. i'd completely forgot i'd even saw devil scanning these posts.</p>
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]has anyone seen paul thomas anderson's there will be blood? i saw a trailer for it when i saw no country for old men and it looked awesome. plus all the praise for it now is making me jones'n to watch it.
                                [/quote]</p>

Saw this a couple of nights ago. can't stop thinking about it. and i hate PTAnderson films. i think this will clean up at the oscars. best actor for daniel day lewis no question. how he can seemlessly fit into any era is remarkable. johnny greenwood soundtrack is spellbinding. didn't think there was a better film this year than no country but this is it. i left the theatre thinking of a more subtle Shining. a masterpiece.</p>
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎