Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

have never seen Carnal Knowledge. Good? Don't think i've ever caught it at any local DVD stores...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Watched Michael Clayton yesterday. Liked it very much - the acting, the plot, the conflicts.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

/\ just saw it two nights ago. i really enjoyed it as well. thought George Clooney did a good job.</p>

</p>

I'm not the guy you kill. I'm the guy you buy! Are you so fucking blind
        that you don't even see what I am? I sold out Arthur for 80 grand. I'm
        your easiest problem and you're gonna kill me?

</p>

I'm Shiva, the God of death.
        </p>
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

caught that last half hour of Cape Fear 1991, forgot how great De Niro was in it and Juliette Lewis. They all were actually. How the music was used is superb and some of the visuals...zooming in on certain images timed with the music perfectly.
          </p>

I'm Virgil and I'm guidin' you through the gates of Hell. We are now in the Ninth Circle, the Circle of Traitors. Traitors to country! Traitors to fellow man! Traitors to GOD! You, sir, are charged with betrayin' the principles of all three! Quote for me the American Bar Association's Rules of Professional Conduct, Canon Seven. A lawyer should represent his client...Should ZEALOUSLY represent his client within the bounds of the law. I find you guilty, counselor! Guilty of betrayin' your fellow man! Guilty of betrayin' your country and abrogatin' your oath! Guilty of judgin' me and sellin' me out! With the power vested in me by the kingdom of God, I sentence you to the Ninth Circle of Hell! Now you will learn about loss! Loss of freedom! Loss of humanity! Now you and I will truly be the same...

</p>

There is nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light. Except fear.</p>

What's up with Juliette Lewis movies late a night recently?</p>

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

better yet, what's up with her singing?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

I can't make sense of that...</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

lol, wow, just, wow...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]lol, wow, just, wow...
                  [/quote]</p>

</p>

[86] i just dont know what to think.
                  </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

nice Anne D. undies...
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

just finished XANADU. one of my all time favorite "bad" movies. No, not Oscar worthy or great acting, actually the acting is pretty bad. But really just fun.
                      </p>

Gene Kelly, Olivia Newton-John (looking her best) and Michael Beck (got nominated for worst actor in 1981 for this very movie) and can't forget ELO.</p>

A Neon Heaven, with nine muses running around in draped layered dresses, day glo orange colored jumpsuited rockers mixing music with 40's styled big band singers, genius. Oh and of course leg warmers with roller skates...</p>

Ahhh, exactly what to watch with the flu. [75]
                      </p>

</p>

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
                      A stately pleasure-dome decree :
                      Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
                      Through caverns measureless to man
                      Down to a sunless sea.
                      So twice five miles of fertile ground
                      With walls and towers were girdled round :
                      And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
                      Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree ;
                      And here were forests ancient as the hills,
                      Enfolding sunny spots of greenery...
                      </p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

and now i have moved on to "do not fire until fired upon". it has to be the fever taking over...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

hmmm, it seems like flu to you is what high def is to me.</p>

I watched depeche mode videos 86 to 98. i have to say, i think dm videos are pretty awful! they are certainly no match to their music.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

agreed. have not seen a DM video in ages or any for that matter. everytime i try to turn some on, there is a show on instead. at night when i am relaxing to sleep sometimes it is hard for me to have music on because i start choreographing in my head...so i end up turning on regular tv.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Just watched 'Into the Wild' for the first time and was really impressed. Emile Hirsch showed that he can actually act quite convincingly as there were parts in the movie that made me really think, "Man, I should get out there and travel, fuck material things, just get out there.." </p>

Also loved the way the movie was filmed.</p>

</p>
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Just watched 'Into the Wild' for the first time and was really impressed. Emile Hirsch showed that he can actually act quite convincingly as there were parts in the movie that made me really think, "Man, I should get out there and travel, fuck material things, just get out there.." </p>

Also loved the way the movie was filmed.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Yea, but then you die in two months.
                                </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎