X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Any of you good chaps know the first expected delivery date for Carol SS08?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Any of you good chaps know the first expected delivery date for Carol SS08?[/quote]

Komakino folks should know. Did you get their pre-order details?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dream
        • Nov 2007

is komakino giving out pre-order details for CCP?

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

I was away when it came in Faust, although I'm slightly reluctant anyway because of thecustoms potential, which is a bit of a shame since I'd like to support them. 20% or so of a fuck of a lot is still a fuck of a lot.....

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]I was away when it came in Faust, although I'm slightly reluctant anyway because of thecustoms potential, which is a bit of a shame since I'd like to support them. 20% or so of a fuck of a lot is still a fuck of a lot.....[/quote]

ah, shame! Wait, do you still have to pay customs for something coming from EU? They will carry CCP in their Berlin store.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

ah, no I forgot about their Berlin store. That's a possibility then! Good work Faust

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]ah, no I forgot about their Berlin store. That's a possibility then! Good work Faust[/quote]

We aim to please!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"] Komakino folks should know. Did you get their pre-order details?[/quote]

I had no idea that was done already, I tried keeping an eye on the komakino thread but apparently managed to miss any infoon how toget the pre-order details..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• May 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Andy, the only other pieces that have this style arms are the knits from this season and some of the long leather coats.

Here's your best bet. Atelier is receiving almost shoulder length leather gloves with that kind of hand opening. Think the leather jacket's sleeve just cut off and that's what they're going to be getting in. Also, they'll be receiving the wrist long fingerless glove that's like the hand portion of that leather jacket.

No price points yet... but the gloves will probably be around $500 or so for the short ones and my guess is $800-1000 for the long one.

Not sure yet either when they'll be receiving the gloves as well... I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the two pairs that will be set aside for me :)

PS- here are the alien glove photos. I figure i'd post them here so everyone could see em!

Kangaroo leather, Thin cotton lining inside

Shearling

Loooooovely! But pricey at nearly $600 a pair. There was a flash used on these photos (taken by JoJo at Atelier) so it makes the shearling gloves look more brown than they are in reality. Object dyed a blackish/greenish/gray/brown. You know how CCP is.... always better in person!

Based on what Joey said, the bottom pair are what are available at A right now.

[/quote]

Did anyone ever try on these gloves in the leather? How comfortable were they? Was the lining warm? Were they usable? Did they look good on? What did they sell for?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Image, the kangaroo version is quite thin but is indeed lined.

The leather has been baked on a hand form so you should definitely get the right size or else the knuckles dont match up to your own.

Since it is kangaroo leather, its pretty thin. They look pretty cool on but dont expect them to keep you toasty.

For reference, they're a tad thinner than the current season full fingered gloves.

Atelier has at least one pair of the shearling version still in stock... I believe around $500-550 for the pair.
                      those are nice and warm!

Good luck in your hunt
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

I've been wondering as of late whether I'm wearing my CCP shoes and boots in the right size. I'm a U.S. 10.5 and have been buying Poell in size 9 which seems to correspond more or less to a U.S. 11. My toes are lodged nice and firmly in the toebox but I have problems with heel slippage from time to time, especially when I wear thinner socks. Can anyone who owns several pairs of CCPs please comment on how they should fit, and offer insight on the sizing. Thanks y'all.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

have you tried simply putting an extra sole inside?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

aka, from time to time I get sliight slipping of my heel but its due to the dress sock being slippery against polished leather. If it really bugs you, go with fausts suggestion and score you some insoles!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

I have insoles but it doesn't quite prevent the heel slippage. It's really weird because everything else is more or less perfect. Do you guys size down the same way? Two Poell sizes below your U.S. size?
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]I have insoles but it doesn't quite prevent the heel slippage. It's really weird because everything else is more or less perfect. Do you guys size down the same way? Two Poell sizes below your U.S. size?[/quote]

Get a good insole :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎