X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

They're very nice people over there at EM. I've only talked to them via e-mail but they have been very pleasant. Good folks down under
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Damn, 2095 for those boots...Well, I guess that isn't so bad considering the side zip boots will probably end up costing that much this season anyway..

Albert, not sure if this one was posted yet...

I have to give it up to EM, they make some very interesting buys! They should be receiving SS08 in the next 2 weeks as well...

[/quote]

The neck jointing on that thing reminds me of Mass' Raf Simons coat with the techno-fabric neck inserts. Thumbs up.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Yea man, it's jointed in every possible place! Back, front, elbow, neck...shit is nuts! It's definitely more of a show piece than a wearable one.

In SS08, I think the dual layer kangaroo bomber is one of my favorite, 'different' leathers he's done in quite some time.

[/quote]

when i scanned this i saw--- jointed in every possible place! Back, front, elbow, nuts....

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

well, regarding the cursed ccp gloves, albert, like the true champ he is, sent me a ccp band belt from my fav collection -- mainstream downstream -- as a get well soon present...[64]

i tried on the pants on A's site that have the black grey checkered pattern. the fabric is known as glitter because when you hold it up to the light it disappears almost and a slight glittery surface becomes visible. apparently this is carol's fav fabric. it has taped seams down the leg, although the site says glued.

the fit on these reminded me why CCP makes the best pants. and i love feeling the taped seams on the legs.. and now i'm super excited to see the other suits A is getting in. I will cop a spring suit!! the black invisible seam object dyed one should be killer too...and the mondrian patterns on the new jackets will be very very sick...i hear there's two more A suits that may or may not be object dyed but def. have lined interiors...i've literally asked about the suits 500 times and can never keep track of them....

but i think that (gary) glitter suit is a strong contender despite joey's intial blasting of it...

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

The following perspective might be somewhat of an unorthodox take on CCP, but after having tried on quite a few of his button downs, I must say CCP makes the best bar/clubbing shirts in the game right now. This sounds kinda out of left field but i was prompted to make this post after seeing pnod's post about how CCP doesn't really make basics. The fit of the shirt, the way the collar sits when the top two buttons are undone, it's everything that i'd want in a shirt to wear to party. And they look good with the sleeves rolled up...

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="H-R"]I remember seeing those buckle boots at maxfield last month and I was surprised that the buckles are actually rusty at some parts...
              [/quote]

i'm not surprised, i think that leather's been through a lot to get to its final stage. On the turquoise boots from this season, i looked at the sole and all of the nails are rusty. I'd wear those boots if I was a fisherman.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

well, regarding the cursed ccp gloves, albert, like the true champ he is, sent me a ccp band belt from my fav collection -- mainstream downstream -- as a get well soon present...[64]

i tried on the pants on A's site that have the black grey checkered pattern. the fabric is known as glitter because when you hold it up to the light it disappears almost and a slight glittery surface becomes visible. apparently this is carol's fav fabric. it has taped seams down the leg, although the site says glued.

the fit on these reminded me why CCP makes the best pants. and i love feeling the taped seams on the legs.. and now i'm super excited to see the other suits A is getting in. I will cop a spring suit!! the black invisible seam object dyed one should be killer too...and the mondrian patterns on the new jackets will be very very sick...i hear there's two more A suits that may or may not be object dyed but def. have lined interiors...i've literally asked about the suits 500 times and can never keep track of them....

but i think that (gary) glitter suit is a strong contender despite joey's intial blasting of it...

[/quote]

I'm jealous, I love that rubber band belt! One of my favorite collections as well...

Pnid- So A will have a suit for Spring? In the same pattern as the pants they have right now, is that what I am reading?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

hmmm interesting about a matching checkered jackets. yeah, i'm not a big fan of the checkered fabric, but that might be because i only saw it on the rack. ccp looks a lot better on the human form.

from what i've heard, they'll be receiving several jackets and matching pants so you could buy your own "suit," but none will be the official A suit, which is supposed to come out in fall.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Ahhh, I see. Maybe I'll just save up for the A suit...

Joey, I agree with you on the fabric too, it's not my favorite either.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

i heard differently; i heard that, in addition to the roll-your-own suiting options, v2 of the a suit will be available this spring.

i thought the cut on those pants was too close to leggings; not sure if that's a function of the super-slim cut, or my sedentary winter.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i may have misheard. i do know that the suit is supposed to be 100% wool unlike the first A suit. the cut is supposed to be the same.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="H-R"]I remember seeing those buckle boots at maxfield last month and I was surprised that the buckles are actually rusty at some parts...
                          [/quote]

Part of the design. His hook/eye closures on the jackets are rusty as well.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

calm yourselves, lads. [86]

[/quote]

[86]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Ahhh, I see. Maybe I'll just save up for the A suit...

Joey, I agree with you on the fabric too, it's not my favorite either.

[/quote]

ah cas, why do i post these observations? to change the minds of people that can only see them in photos...if its carol fav fabric that he's designed, surely it must be worth a second look. translation, cop, plane tix for nyc only after A receives second ccp shipment.

for a chicken leg guy like myself i find the cuts in these pants to be heavenly

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

the fabric is outstanding. i have always maintained that his pants are one of his most overlooked strengths. pm sent.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎