X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

^ is precisely why I parted with my spring ccp leather jacket. Way too much work and worry.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

I didn't know that you'd got rid of it Albert....did it go to a good home. Tha'ts important to us on SZ

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^ is precisely why I parted with my spring ccp leather jacket. Way too much work and worry.[/quote]

i thought the overlock was going to save you?

didn't realize there was such a rain issue, havent had problems at all w fencing and have had mild rain on it. i hope the spring overlock isn't as bad as you say.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i believe they're referring to the overdyed green ones. the black ones shouldn't have an issue, at least i don't think.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="uparmoured"]

The greyparka-chute is amazing!

On a side note, I had similar issues to mike lowrey withmy jointed knee paper cotton trousers tearing at the seams... This is due to the non-woven nature of the fabric... Contacted CCP directly and they were again very gracious to offer a repair or replacement... I opted for a replacement in wool...

It's a pity because the material is really so amazing to touch and I would like to see this material re-done with a stronger mesh/wovenunderstructure...

The following image may be distressing to some viewers... discretion is advised...

[/quote]

Wow, that looks beautiful! As a photo, I mean - of course it's f'ed up for you.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Oh, agreed with Johnny, btw. You'd think someone who has so much control over production, would be able to exercise the best quality control. Having said that - I am not sure Joey's lining coming at the seam is a big deal, could happen to any coat, I think (not that I don't feel your pain, Joey!).

I haven't had any issues with my CCP stuff, but I only own tops and pants.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

yeah it's the greeny grey one that has the rain problem. but wait a minute I've just remembered that he did "rain pants" etc in that collection so maybethe rain staining isall part of the plan! We should never doubt the Great Man......

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]yeah it's the greeny grey one that has the rain problem. but wait a minute I've just remembered that he did "rain pants" etc in that collection so maybe the rain staining is all part of the plan! We should never doubt the Great Man......[/quote]

Johnny, that honestly wouldn't surprise me either! That man is crazy....but I love it.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

yeah, i know my problem isn't that big of a deal. more of a nuisance than anything that i just wanted to gripe about. deepti at ccp was very kind though, so i'm happy that ccp customer service is very good.

he also stated in the e-mail that "this is due to a delicate handstitch that you can find on all
                    hand-tailored garments, as the insertion of the sleeve lining into the
                    jacket or coat by the tailor is one of the last steps in the making,
                    and is done by a relatively loose handstitch."

i'm not too familiar with actual garment construction and if this is a legitimate reason for what happened. i'm just happy that the fabric didn't tear so i'm ok.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]yeah it's the greeny grey one that has the rain problem. but wait a minute I've just remembered that he did "rain pants" etc in that collection so maybethe rain staining isall part of the plan! We should never doubt the Great Man......[/quote]

well i'm sure it is because they only problems i've ever had w ccp is the rain pants ripped along the seem after the first wear (it was my first ccp purchase) and the dry cleaners practically ruined my ccp rain shirt (it shrunk down a size from a 48 to 46 which is really too tight) by throwing it the dryer w a bunch of jeans. so there is something going on.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• eaglewood
                        • Feb 2007

Interesting notes about the ss07 green grey overlock. It is summer down here and I was wearing mine yesterday in the rain. Its great, you end up with an entirely different jacket at the end of the day. I like that. No doubt it will continue to change and be back to where it was in a while. I think you people worry too much.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Eaglewood, you and I have/had the same one.... I don't know, the rain when dried left circular spots all over the thing. The benefit of the black jackets is that you don't see that sort of staining... only in lighter colored pieces.

Personal preference of course, but I can't stand that sort of stuff happening to a jacket I shelled out $$$$$ for. No matter if it was "meant to do that" or not you know? The condition I purchase it is is the condition I'd like it to stay in, jeans otherwise :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

well...if anyone wants to sell me a "rain-ruined" overlock jacket in a sz. 50/52 on the uber-cheap, feel free to send me a PM

[75]

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

I actually prefer both.. I like it how it change into a totally different beast when it rains.. and then afterward it is returned to its shape. I think that for CCP leather that was the intention. The idea is that when it is wet ... it moulds onto your body and that when it is dried it retain part of your shape and its original construction. Kinda like transformer.. lol

Although I have not had any problem with the shirt or the pants so far...

Also... did Lazzari just sold a bunch of their shoes??? I can't see that on their website anymore.. especially the jointed boots

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

I actually prefer both.. I like it how it change into a totally different beast when it rains.. and then afterward it is returned to its shape. I think that for CCP leather that was the intention. The idea is that when it is wet ... it moulds onto your body and that when it is dried it retain part of your shape and its original construction. Kinda like transformer.. lol

Although I have not had any problem with the shirt or the pants so far...

Also... did Lazzari just sold a bunch of their shoes??? I can't see that on their website anymore.. especially the jointed boots

[/quote]

ionn, you are a stronger man than me [73] every drop of rain on the jacket I had was like [:'(]

Like you, I have not had a single problem with the shirts, pants or shoes. Fingers crossed! Everything seems to be holding up extremely well!

I think the jointed boots have sold out! Crazy no? Prime size 8 was gone the evening they went up. I'm surprised no one on here got a pair at all considering all the mystery/hype that surrounded them. Absolutely beautiful pieces. Sometimes I just want to have a large glass curio cabinet to collect amazing pieces like that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎