• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="mortalveneer"]

[quote user="buratino"]& the member Faust is really Faust :)[/quote]

If that's the case, can he hook me up with his people? I've been meaning to cut a deal for a while but can't seem to get a hold of the right person to talk to...

[/quote]

the deal is automatic. what do you think you are signing when you give me your email? [G]

[/quote]

where the hell are the fringe benefits then? a kingdom upon this earth? untold riches? at least get me a few CCP leather pieces? the devil has really fallen off apparently...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

WTF? SZ gives you MEANING in your life. I mean, that's what Faust wanted, no?!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]WTF? SZ gives you MEANING in your life. I mean, that's what Faust wanted, no?!
        [/quote]

I need CCP Leather, not meaning in my life. Make it happen!

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]

[quote user="Faust"]WTF? SZ gives you MEANING in your life. I mean, that's what Faust wanted, no?!
          [/quote]

[/quote]

<sigh> you don't know your means from your ends?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

<sigh> you don't know your means from your ends?

[/quote]

Speaking of signatures!

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• STEALTH
              • Feb 2008

[quote user="nycd"]

first you'll have to make the case for why it's unhealthy - since you're starting the discussion.

doesn't seem unhealthy to me.

[/quote]

And be lynched ?!

I would prefer to let others voice their own opinions first

Particularly ORIGINAL ones.

I seem to antagonize others easily so

I would prefer to read and learn.

https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

So you posed that question and now you don't have a reason to why?

Just a tid bit though; This is a forum where people talk fashion. This is the CCP thread where people talk about everything CCP. CCP makes boots. People like his boots and explain that. People like his jackets and explain that too. I don't necessarily see the 'obsession' of it so much as the affinity some have for his pieces because they are A. works of art, B. well crafted, and C. one of a kind. Not to mention a lot of us love what Carol and his clothing is about.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• STEALTH
                  • Feb 2008

I have a reason

I have a few reasons

But I do not want to start an argument

I want a discussion

Thanks for the reply though. I like your avatar pic a lot. I do find what you posted to be fairly self evident.

https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I understand, but doesn't that require two or more people? Just seems funny to me to pose a question and then not want to take part in the discussion that you wanted to start....

And if you were seriously worried about a 'lynching' then you wouldn't have posted the question you did.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

stealth, so what are your reasons? that would add to the discussion dont you think? giving your reasons does not necessitate an argument.
                      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

I don't think an obsession with $X,XXX leather jackets and boots is necessarily healthy, but I don't think it falls in to the category of a CCP obsession. I think the people spending this kind of money MAY (and that's a strong may) have an obsession with fashion, and their taste dictates that they spend it on CCP. The unhealthiness comes in when it is an unaffordable obsession, or it detrimentally impacts their life in some way...

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Now I remember....Julius thread.

Honestly Stealth, we're on the 133th page of the CCP thread and if you cannot figure out why people like Poell's pieces then you might want to start a '1' till you get back to here.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

i had a fleeting crush on the boots. i dont really care for them that
                            much anymore especially the wrap arounds. i think they look good on the dudes who rock em here and
                            can understand the appeal but im partial to the other italianoz. i dont really have an original reason why, they just kind of make my ccp boner bend down.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

But isn't the question of, "Why do people obsess over CCP leather and boots," simply asking, "Why do you all appreciate and buy CCP leather and boots?"

Unless the whole meaning of your 'discussion' is to get a rise out of people, then I take it as meaning the same thing. And if that is the case, I would say a lot of us have said on many occasion why we like said pieces.

Dangerous? If you were worried about that then you wouldn't have made all the posts you did in the Julius thread....

I'm just finding it very hard to see why you have started a discussion in which you want no part of.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                                • Jan 2008

[quote user="STEALTH"]

Am I wrong in thinking that people are overly obsessed with the LEATHER and BOOTS

And this is possibly harmful to the Brand and the man ?

[/quote]

Given the amount of suits, pants, shirts, turtlenecks, and t-shirts Carol is selling, and the price he charges for them, I would be hard pressed to see the respect and demand for his leather as damaging to the brand or himself...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎