• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

go for avatar
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

/\ HAHA!! Seconded!
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

BTW Soultek,

Do you have a link to that article in its entirety? I gotta see the rest of it. TIA!

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• soultek
          • Feb 2007

I scanned it, I can do the rest when I take my next break.

Comment

• maldoror
            • Jun 2007

[quote user="Johnny"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="maldoror"]^ [87] You've got to wonder what someone is thinking when they're wearing CCP but designing, well, J. Lindeberg. BTW, is it any clearer in the actual magazine photo which shoes those are? As is, they look most similar to the black shoes w/ green laces currently at A, but the leather looks more grey than black in the image. Maybe just reflections (or wear)?
            [/quote]

True, but I think it's quite cool. I love seeing designers wearing other designers' clothes. It's a sign of appreciation.

[/quote]

Yes, i'm not sure of the logic here. Maybe he just likes the shoes, but realises that his own abilities lie in being able to produce something else? (God help lawyers that want to wear CCP!!)

Ayway, what's he supposed to do - float down canals in his spare time before he can wear ccp shuz?

[/quote]

I don't get your logic.

I was referring to the aesthetic disjunction between this man's vision as a designer and his personal style. It's not just about the shoes, but about the whole outfit (although the shoes are certainly a central component of that). I suppose that under the overcoat he's wearing a powder blue argyle knit and one of those douchey oversized "JL" belts? He's not working for someone else's label, this is his vision, his life's work and legacy, his name. And I'm not saying that he can't do this, but rather that it strikes me as both strange and surprising (which it geniunely does).

Your lawyer analogy doesn't make any sense. Whereas Lindeberg's position consists in applying his name to a style of dress, a lawyer's work as such makes no aesthetic statement whatsoever. It's a job. If nothing else, CCP can be easily fit into the standard work dresscode. As with the "float down canals" comment you misconstrue my original point entirely, by understanding what is purely an aesthetic issue in terms of some vague notion of lifestyle.

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

[quote user="DHC"]

BTW Soultek,

Do you have a link to that article in its entirety? I gotta see the rest of it. TIA!

[/quote]

+1,000,000

The concept is straight evil.[74]

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="maldoror"][quote user="Johnny"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="maldoror"]^ [87] You've got to wonder what someone is thinking when they're wearing CCP but designing, well, J. Lindeberg. BTW, is it any clearer in the actual magazine photo which shoes those are? As is, they look most similar to the black shoes w/ green laces currently at A, but the leather looks more grey than black in the image. Maybe just reflections (or wear)?
                [/quote]

True, but I think it's quite cool. I love seeing designers wearing other designers' clothes. It's a sign of appreciation.

[/quote]

Yes, i'm not sure of the logic here. Maybe he just likes the shoes, but realises that his own abilities lie in being able to produce something else? (God help lawyers that want to wear CCP!!)

Ayway, what's he supposed to do - float down canals in his spare time before he can wear ccp shuz?

[/quote]

I don't get your logic.

I was referring to the aesthetic disjunction between this man's vision as a designer and his personal style. It's not just about the shoes, but about the whole outfit (although the shoes are certainly a central component of that). I suppose that under the overcoat he's wearing a powder blue argyle knit and one of those douchey oversized "JL" belts? He's not working for someone else's label, this is his vision, his life's work and legacy, his name. And I'm not saying that he can't do this, but rather that it strikes me as both strange and surprising (which it geniunely does).

Your lawyer analogy doesn't make any sense. Whereas Lindeberg's position consists in applying his name to a style of dress, a lawyer's work as such makes no aesthetic statement whatsoever. It's a job. If nothing else, CCP can be easily fit into the standard work dresscode. As with the "float down canals" comment you misconstrue my original point entirely, by understanding what is purely an aesthetic issue in terms of some vague notion of lifestyle.

[/quote]

yeah I got all that, it was mainly a light-hearted comment, particularly the canal point. i thought i was the serious one around here.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="maldoror"][quote user="Johnny"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't get your logic.

[/quote]

You are assuming that JL has designer integrity, which may in fact be an incorrect assumption (in my mind he has none). A lot of these guys are driven by consumer demand, and his consumer is a jeans/hoodie guy. It does not mean that he has no aesthetic integrity or that he does not respect work of designers who make the good stuff.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]

yeah I got all that, it was mainly a light-hearted comment, particularly the canal point. i thought i was the serious one around here.

[/quote]

why so serious is a rhetorical question. [79]

[quote user="Faust"]

You are assuming that JL has designer integrity,
                    which may in fact be an incorrect assumption (in my mind he has none).
                    A lot of these guys are driven by consumer demand, and his consumer is
                    a jeans/hoodie guy. It does not mean that he has no aesthetic
                    integrity or that he does not respect work of designers who make the
                    good stuff.

[/quote]

Yeah, I saw this reply coming, and my guess is that the man himself would give the same $$$ appeal. It doesn't make it any easier to accept though, the integrity void we are living, everything so completely [92]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

well, what can you do? (another rhetorical question) i choose not to participate in that culture - probably the best solution, no? what drives me nuts much more is when the designers cater to the public, not the other way around. think of all the jeans, hoodies, and sneakers the designers have been doing - it's a very recent phenomenon, and i am convinced it's driven by their audience. it's like a fucking money bomb exploded on high street - the public has more money, but they still want their safe boring uniform. god forbid they wear something that makes them stand out.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
                        • Feb 2007

Unfortunately mens fashion in America is guided by pragmatism and comfort.

Comment

• AX-OV
                          • Feb 2008

[quote user="dunaj"]

taking the design reigns of justin timberlake's label? ccp is chump change with those kind of cash flows...

AX-OV: do you have a scan of the whole article?

[/quote]

here u go,, Its from GQ sept 2008 issue.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Damn, that's fucking posh. I can't make out the small script - where is the building? JL may make shit, but he certainly got good taste!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                              • Aug 2008

Maybe a silly question, but does anyone know how much the perforated gloves at atelier are?

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before. This thread is large.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="maldoror"][quote user="Johnny"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't get your logic.

[/quote]

You are assuming that JL has designer integrity, which may in fact be an incorrect assumption (in my mind he has none). A lot of these guys are driven by consumer demand, and his consumer is a jeans/hoodie guy. It does not mean that he has no aesthetic integrity or that he does not respect work of designers who make the good stuff.

[/quote]

yeah it's a pretty common dichotomy, no. especially with art/lack their of. there's billions of worthless bands who suck dick but love Nirvana or who ever more than anything on earth etc etc. i don't find it terribly surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎