• Nov 2007

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
    unfortunately the image embargo continues
    is it expected to last indefinitely?
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

Pnod is right, there will Most likely be a lot of tweaked classics that a lot of people will buy. The more unwearable pieces are the ones people will be talking about since they're so innovative. Can people talk more about the selvedge pieces? I heard more about it and it seams more next level than people are letting on.

The picture embargo seems pretty serious. One store hasn't shown the employees pictures so I'm told.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Tiger
        Banned
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Raw Edge
        when the devoted collectors can't afford the shit, and it's just Seal rocking bright red overlocks or whatever, its sort of disgraceful.
        the devoted collectors CAN and DO afford it
        trust me on this,
        SZ is just a tinny winny little pond
        and they swim in the ocean my friend.

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

Pppppp
          Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:50 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

To clarify, the selvedge pieces are just outerwear?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

PppOoo
              Last edited by pipcleo; 01-13-2012, 03:51 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

has nobody seen kentucky fried movie?

and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at the picture embargo.

fuck picture embargos in this economy.

gotta start saving early so gotta know whats up
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

I got a "non-picture-embargo" for lookbooks on past seasons (am still missing a couple for the past decade), but i'll wait until discussion about the new season dies down before i post some up. Seeing stuff from his earlier work is proof for me that he's gotten better over the years. I don't have lookbooks for his past 2 most recent seasons, which i believe are some of his best, and his collections have gotten continually stronger in the past 3-4 years or so. Still, excited to hear more about the new FW collection.

Comment

• gt2-josh
                    • Sep 2008

Hey Raw,

I own several Carol pieces (leathers, trousers, jeans, sweaters, etc.) that make for great daily wearable basics. I also have a very expensive piece that I would classify as something akin to static art. I didn't have to buy it but I'm glad I had the opportunity. I think there's a good analogy in the automotive world. Most OEMs produce amazing, yet highly impractical concept cars to highlight technical capability and to show what we'll see in future production versions. Those concept cars are rarely ever released for private sale. However some of them are amazing and I'd love to own them despite their ultra limited use and high cost. Carol gives his customers the chance to do that and for that we're lucky.

Josh

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gt2-josh View Post
                      Hey Raw,

I own several Carol pieces (leathers, trousers, jeans, sweaters, etc.) that make for great daily wearable basics. I also have a very expensive piece that I would classify as something akin to static art. I didn't have to buy it but I'm glad I had the opportunity. I think there's a good analogy in the automotive world. Most OEMs produce amazing, yet highly impractical concept cars to highlight technical capability and to show what we'll see in future production versions. Those concept cars are rarely ever released for private sale. However some of them are amazing and I'd love to own them despite their ultra limited use and high cost. Carol gives his customers the chance to do that and for that we're lucky.

Josh
                      Own up!

You bought the fully jointed jacket didn't you ?

If so... my god man. It's not static art. Wear that bad boy and post up on waywt!

if it's not the fully jointed jacket then it's the CCP giant glove and... well ... then hold it in a waywt photo

Either way, we must see photos!
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        The first sketch is pretty interesting, wonder how that translates to life as well as worn.

What fabric are you planning to use?

Would it have to be something softer, or is it possible to go the object dyed route when doing something like this to the cloth...also wondering perhaps in black denim this might be pretty cool. Next progression from J-jeans

Sorry I missed this FtB. I actually hadn't gotten to working on those pants. One of the sketches/ideas I have drawn out. I would have probably worked with a semi-structured cotton canvas with a rough-but-not-too-rough texture since the seams would influence the way it draped, I'd try to use a fabric that "matched" that sort of stiffness so that the pants fall correctly. I may get around to these later but since Carol's beat me to the punch I'll probably let them be at least for a while. Got other things on my plate :)

Suck that there's the picture embargo! Thanks to those that at least gave us a quick/short glimpse of what's to come!
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

I also have a very expensive piece that I would classify as something akin to static art. I didn't have to buy it but I'm glad I had the opportunity.

i'm not sure i understand this sentence. you were given a very expensive piece? how long have you been collecting ccp? never hear you on these boards

and somebody please tell me they have seen kentucky fried movie...fuumzza?

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                            I also have a very expensive piece that I would classify as something akin to static art. I didn't have to buy it but I'm glad I had the opportunity.

i'm not sure i understand this sentence. you were given a very expensive piece? how long have you been collecting ccp? never hear you on these boards

and somebody please tell me they have seen kentucky fried movie...fuumzza?
                            Oh, was that a serious question? Of course I've seen it. Hasn't everybody? Loved it too. Its a movie of extraordinary magnitude!!
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                              Oh, was that a serious question? Of course I've seen it. Hasn't everybody? Loved it too. Its a movie of extraordinary magnitude!!
                              nobody commented on my "thoughtful" incorporation into the ccp arousal techniques. i was quite depressed that my work had been overlocked. i then realized that most of this place is 12 and probably haven't seen the film.

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

when I was in second grade, the catholic high school girls in trouble segment of kentucky fried movie was an object of endless fascination.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎