• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
    More of a "bof" for me.
    These things need to be said, no offense to osn19 that I don't know but if every time some people are trying to have a more in depth discussion (this one was half in depth/half poking fun) someone intervenes to say they don't like it it sorta saddens me.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• justine
      • Jan 2007

edited, bof on myself.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by osn19 View Post
        Let's hope that there soon will be more real news about the new collection. And this infernal speculation and personal interpretation blablahs, which don't lead anywhere, will fade.
        yeah, since its been determined that there wont be it seemed like a good time to try and put forth a discussion while we wait that seems to be in line with the the SZ frontpage ethos.
        I personally find the subject very fascinating, i'm sorry you do not.

chant, thanks for the freud. does anybody think that this anti gender , or gender reversal has anything do with matthew barney? so much of this early stuff is starting to remind me of cremaster and the body restrictions/degradation of drawing restraint. i never would have made that connection last week, but maybe i'm reaching.
        URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

mike, you're right...i love the fact that the lift lady, who is great and has a great composer husband, is the shining example of his love for women. i guess what clumsy provocation is attempting to delineate is that when an artist starts on a body of work they are not necessarily in tune with the pyschological implications of it, and that the explorations can reveal hidden emotions. sounds crazy right, an artists early work reveals much more about his inner emotional state than his calculated later work.
        Last edited by philip nod; 02-11-2009, 09:38 AM.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• J_J
          • Apr 2008

agree with the poster who said CCP simply not being interested with the female body. I mean, he's playing with it, as in playing with the non-male proportions, but it clearly does not inspire him. Designers who are enamored with women's bodies express their love, take alaia or mugler (who is obsessed with it to the point of it being almost grotesque).
          It is refreshing to actually see indifference take on a sartorial voice... if and only it is the case, naturally!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Alaia doesn't really strike me as someone who loves women's bodies. He loves a certain type of a body, pretty much nonexistent in real life. I think he is a body fascist. When I think of a designer who loves a woman's body, Yohji and Dries come to mind.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• J_J
              • Apr 2008

I see what you mean.
              To clarify, I meant that alaia was fascinated by the stereotypical hourglass figure... the shape that is traditionally ascribed to women.
              Dries and Yohji's designs celebrate every woman's body, regardless if they possess such a figure.
              Alaia's designs mold the wearer's body into an hourglass, but without any discomfort whatsoever, so I don't really think of him as a body fascist.

Mugler, on the other hand, I would consider a body fascist. He is infamous for encasing models into extreme corsets and other getups in his shows

I think i might be going a bit OT here.. Carol's thought process is certainly a topic that spawns a lot of interesting discussion and speculation!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

No, it's cool - I like when threads get derailed - as long as it keeps an interesting discussion going. Yes, maybe I went to far with the fascist comment - Mugler would definitely be that.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• osn19
                  • Feb 2007

Oups pardon, je suis un élément déviant : je n'avais pas saisi la dimension "intellectuelle" des derniers posts. Je dois être trop "primaire" pour dire "amen" à toute la philosophie des trois grands intellos qui se masturbent ici. Merci Chant ! Heureusement qu'un esthète éclairé, permanenté, botté et drapé à la pensée clairvoyante comme toi est là pour nous remettre avec classe dans le droit chemin. Maintenant que tu es pote avec le gros prophète Faust et ses sbires, je m'incline. Obligé.

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                  How to translate "anti-intellectualisme primaire" in English ?
                  Oh yeah : "osn19".
                  Originally posted by blacksuit
                  wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Oups pardon, je suis un élément déviant : je n'avais pas saisi la dimension "intellectuelle" des derniers posts. Je dois être trop "primaire" pour dire "amen" à toute la philosophie des trois grands intellos qui se masturbent ici. Merci Chant ! Heureusement qu'un esthète éclairé, permanenté, botté et drapé à la pensée clairvoyante comme toi est là pour nous remettre avec classe dans le droit chemin. Maintenant que tu es pote avec le gros prophète Faust et ses sbires, je m'incline. Obligé.
                    There's really no need for sarcasm. Everyone has been pretty polite to you, considering your lame attitude. If you don't want to take part in the discussion, why don't you just go away? I'm sure someone will be happy to notify you when there is news of the new collection.

edit: by the way, Chant, loved your Freud post.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Au temps pour moi.
                      Un anti-intellectualiste, mais pas primaire. Et avec le sens de l'humour.
                      Mais agressif (les attaques sur le physique) comme seuls les Français - ou les francophones - savent l'être.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Oups forgiveness, I am a deviating element: I n' had not seized dimension " intellectuelle" the last posts. I must be too much " primaire" to say " amen" with all the philosophy of the three large intellos which masturbates here. Thank you Song! Fortunately qu' a esthète enlightened, permed, boot and draped with the clear-sighted thought as are to you there to give us with class in the right way. Now that you are pal with the large Faust prophet and his henchmen, I m' incline. Obliged.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Come on guys, let's not start another war.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

brilliant nod, lulz.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

i agree let's not fight. The large Faust prophet has spoken.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

all of a sudden french is making sense to me for the first time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎