• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

pnod, did you just call me a fatty?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Come on guys, let's not start another war.
      ignore the troll?
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

i think that's the best way
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by J_J View Post
          agree with the poster who said CCP simply not being interested with the female body.
          CCP? "He's just not that into you"

Comment

• nycd
            • Oct 2006

i'm not sure if it's because i had a lot of exposure to twentieth century viennese literature before i discovered ccp - but i immediately made a connection from ccp themes to the aphorisms of karl kraus, and, especially, the tone and themes of the work of thomas bernhard.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
              CCP? "He's just not that into you"
              winnar!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                Oups forgiveness, I am a deviating element: I n' had not seized dimension " intellectuelle" the last posts. I must be too much " primaire" to say " amen" with all the philosophy of the three large intellos which masturbates here. Thank you Song! Fortunately qu' a esthète enlightened, permed, boot and draped with the clear-sighted thought as are to you there to give us with class in the right way. Now that you are pal with the large Faust prophet and his henchmen, I m' incline. Obliged.
                Holy shit, I gotta start translating what I write in french through babelfish and print it on giant sheets of metal. With a good title everything should be golden. My MoMA debut should be in 6 months, I'll let you guys know.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Oh and isn't it about time we change our "senior member" titles to something more interesting. Too bad Faust is already "kitsch killer", "large prophet" sounded so good
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    Oh and isn't it about time we change our "senior member" titles to something more interesting. Too bad Faust is already "kitsch killer", "large prophet" sounded so good
                    agree.

i guess we would have to be masturbaters then.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                      agree.

i guess we would have to be masturbaters then.
                      i would like to be a large intello please.

Comment

• osn19
                        • Feb 2007

To my fellow french camarade : Chant, je t'aime bien, et qui aime bien chatie bien :) Je ne voulais pas critiquer ton physique, c'était juste un petit clin d'oeil taquin sur ton look, je n'ai absolument rien contre toi.
                        C'est juste marrant de voir à quel point ils pètent un plomb et se liguent tous contre quelqu'un dès que tu sors légérement du rang. Comme je m'amuse à le faire de temps en temps.

Here is a translation, since the intellectuals here don't seem to speak french :

Well actually I'm sorry, you are the intellectuals. So make the translation yourself :) Or not.

Back to CCP. You're being wrong to say that Carol or anyone you don't even know personally hates (or not) women based on some clothes he makes. And learn some "second degré" (Faust, come on, you can do it !). And "bof" is spelled "beauf".

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                        Au temps pour moi.
                        Un anti-intellectualiste, mais pas primaire. Et avec le sens de l'humour.
                        Mais agressif (les attaques sur le physique) comme seuls les Français - ou les francophones - savent l'être.
                        Originally posted by blacksuit
                        wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• justine
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          Holy shit, I gotta start translating what I write in french through babelfish and print it on giant sheets of metal. With a good title everything should be golden. My MoMA debut should be in 6 months, I'll let you guys know.

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by osn19 View Post
                            And "bof" is spelled "beauf".
                            Now now, be nice.

Comment

• tangerine
                              • Dec 2006

pnod, the Matthew Barney analogy resonates with me. The rigorous constraints and disfigurements as tests of strength.

Given that women are arguably stronger, or at least have better tolerance/endurance of pain (see pregnancy, childbirth), it would be interesting to see Poell take these themes further in his designs for women, rather than his presumably reductionist view that is being discussed.
                              the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

I'd really like that all the hidden french intellectuals on this forum, including french primary anti-intellectuals, french primary anti-intellectuals with a sense of humor, french intellectuals simulating french primary anti-intellectualism should reveal their true nationality.

Bernard-Henri Lévy, are you here too ?
                                Last edited by Chant; 02-12-2009, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎