Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetLag
    • Jul 2008

Seriously, I love Carol's designs but I'm a little annoyed by his "guru's thing", delivering his work piece by piece according to an unpredictable calendar. I mean, he has decided to work with a network of retailers, manufacturers, suppliers, companies who need to respect a schedule to be able to work. Carol, as any other designer, exists only because this network exists. I find hypocritical and dangerous for his own business not to respect rules.
    I hope you understand in spite of my bad English...
    Originally posted by danman
    If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JetLag View Post
      Seriously, I love Carol's designs but I'm a little annoyed by his "guru's thing", delivering his work piece by piece according to an unpredictable calendar. I mean, he has decided to work with a network of retailers, manufacturers, suppliers, companies who need to respect a schedule to be able to work. Carol, as any other designer, exists only because this network exists. I find hypocritical and dangerous for his own business not to respect rules.
      I hope you understand in spite of my bad English...
      This manufacturer/supplier thing you speak of his him; Carol runs his own manufacturing for his clothing which is one of the reasons he is able to do the things he does. With most other companies I would agree with you but CCP is definitely in a league of it's own.
      I think the one season thing is going to prove very nicely for Carol and his retailers; Means more focus, more interesting pieces. Because with less of a deadline, I can totally see his clothing moving to the next level (which is going to be apparent with this new collection).
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
        if he's doing a non seasonal work I don't see the problem, the thing is ready when is ready. BUT he will miss the great ideas that would comes from pressure...stress can be a great thing for creation
        I had a conversation with Merz a couple of days ago and we were talking about just the opposite. When left without the pressures of a need or requirement to create, concepts come more easily. Designing under the pressures of 50 new pieces every 6 months is heavy I'd think.

you find that some of your best creative ideas come under a time crunch? granted, i find that stress can be a great thing in terms of being productive... but at least for myself it hinders the creative aspect of things.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I think it's funny we all posted at the same time and all touched on the exact same subject. lol

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            is this along the lines of what Woody Allen said?

I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.”
            I think Groucho Marx said that, no? I would love to hear his views on CCP...

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
              I think Groucho Marx said that, no? I would love to hear his views on CCP...

ah you're right, Allen quoting Marx
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• JetLag
                • Jul 2008

@Casius: "manufacturer" was not the proper word^^
                However I think that first he needs to buy skins or any raw materials on which he works. And I heard that he starts to have problems with these suppliers who prefer to deal with more reliable customers.
                I also think about the stores: They are his first customers and have to accept a delay in delivery of six months. Beyond art and concept, I still find it strange...
                If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• JetLag
                  • Jul 2008

Don't misunderstand, I love his work and we can call it art, but his art is involved in a business.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I honestly don't think he cares so much about the 'business' aspect of making clothes....Just a hunch though. ;)

Comment

• JetLag
                      • Jul 2008

Of course he doesn't care but he only exists because of Atelier, l'Eclaireur or Lift. Any young label who has the chance to work with one of these shops will have to accept very strict and sometimes quite unfair conditions. Carol doesn't.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock
                        read between your own lines.
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

I find that when you have a lot of time to develop an idea your work can become self satisfactory and loaded with complexity, but I speak from my experience of course. Best ideas came WHILE you are working, because an idea, at least my definition of it, is just a new relation between different elements, while you are working it's like a trance and all these conections came unexpectedly. I think I need a time crunch because I'm a lazy fat bastard and not a disciplinate monk.

When you have a deadline, you can't develop much an idea so it's more raw, less designed and I like that. The lack of...time, money, technology, etc is always stimulant
                          spoken like a true architect

Comment

• JetLag
                            • Jul 2008

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by philip nod
                            because the young are whores

Ah ah! I'll let them know^^

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Of course he doesn't care but he only exists because of Atelier, l'Eclaireur or Lift. Any young label who has the chance to work with one of these shops will have to accept very strict and sometimes quite unfair conditions. Carol doesn't.
                              don't you think that these stores exist because of him?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

People buying CCP chez A would buy CCP elsewhere if A stop carrying CCP. But some people buy designer X as soon as A stock it. That's the difference.
                                you miss my point slightly.
                                ccp is the heart of these stores.
                                these stores are not the heart of ccp

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎