Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

i fully regret not getting these:

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

mmm, great to see the paper derbys and boots reposted... weren't there only something like 2 of the paper boots made? I can't remember what the pamphlet said
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

SZ HYPE SQUAD..
        handled a pair of the derbys yesterday, look blown out and blown up..they sort of look like shit in other words. i guess thats the point. but the hype on these is bordering on loco.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• justine
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
          SZ HYPE SQUAD..
          handled a pair of the derbys yesterday, look blown out and blown up..they sort of look like shit in other words. i guess thats the point. but the hype on these is bordering on loco.
          Right, but once the paper is gone, you get to discover your new ccp classic oxford underneath...nice feeling I'm sure. Like a birth or something....

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

SZ HYPE SQUAD..
            hahahaha, love ya P!

The boots are def better than the derbys but both are still really nice. The pair that Long was selling on here a ways back I thought was nice... he had them fully dyed black

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
              Right, but once the paper is gone, you get to discover your new ccp classic oxford underneath...nice feeling I'm sure. Like a birth or something....

This mentality is why I aaallllmmoooosssst bought the laminated orange/green boots at L'Eclaireur 2 years ago. They looked like someone vomited all over them but as the laminate would wear away it's a whole new ballgame.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by justine View Post
                thats a nice dream but dreambreaker here will tell you its not like that. the paper doesn't just magically disappear....its like a squatter being evicted...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

thats a nice dream but dreambreaker here will tell you its not like that. the paper doesn't just magically disappear....its like a squatter being evicted...

P, thanks for this post. I'm starting my morning off right with a good laugh!

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

dude no prob check out lowreys post on rick owens f/w 09 for a better one

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

dude no prob check out lowreys post on rick owens f/w 09 for a better one

hehehe, reminds me of Dave Chappelle's bit on how white people always mess with each other when they pass out.

"they trust you enough to fall asleep around you and you gonna put a carrot on his ass?!""

Comment

• baubas
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        mmm, great to see the paper derbys and boots reposted... weren't there only something like 2 of the paper boots made? I can't remember what the pamphlet said

5 my friend...... and staff was not allowed to buy them... but the worst thing that happened: 1 pair was left and no one was gonna buy them ..and that was my size!! and once i got them in to my hands i realized they were faulty!! .... the sad story of my life....

Comment

• baubas
                          • Dec 2008

by the way neither paper, nor orange laminate go off if being honest. i've seen both after some time of wearing and that stuff is permanent. some places not glued on properly comes out but most of it is still there after few years of wearing

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by baubas View Post
                            5 my friend...... and staff was not allowed to buy them... but the worst thing that happened: 1 pair was left and no one was gonna buy them ..and that was my size!! and once i got them in to my hands i realized they were faulty!! .... the sad story of my life....

5 derbys and 2 boots then? Or 5 of each? I thought the Library only received the derbys.

how come they were faulty?

Interesting to know that the laminate doesn't quite come off either. All this time I had been under the impression that it was a piece that (d)evolved with wear.

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              5 derbys and 2 boots then? Or 5 of each? I thought the Library only received the derbys.

how come they were faulty?

Interesting to know that the laminate doesn't quite come off either. All this time I had been under the impression that it was a piece that (d)evolved with wear.
                              I know someone who also got the laminated ones. The upper 'crust' was starting to come off in some areas, making the whole thing pretty cool. Not sure about the laminated look to begin with, but the way it was coming off made the leather reptilian.

Comment

• baubas
                                • Dec 2008

5 paper derbys and not sure how many boots were made. and library never had paper boots.

the fault of that particular pair was that upper part of the shoe started coming of the sole. just by the seem leather started braking.

the paper and laminate were applied on the shoes/boots in the way that it would brake/come out on some places. on the orange laminated usually comes out parts which are blacked out, because the ink was applied after laminating process. paper stuff - paper naturally brakes and scratches off and if you look close at the stuff you can see some places are not glued on as tight, usually that is noticeable on seems but if you search -you'll find more in random places. that was done on purpose to help aging process and thats why i find all that stuff so cool

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎