X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trebre
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Heirloom, love to see a Wilhelm shot of something similar. It'd be interesting!

Trebre, can you tell me more about your invisiseam suit? I'm really considering buying/ordering one but the only thing that worries me is the pants as I don't want them so tight that the seam is "open" all the time at my thighs and calf. How do they fit? The only actual fit photo I've seen were the Atelier shots so I can't really judge there.

Also, how is the underarm vented? Literally at the armhole?

The footwear looks pretty interesting. Some of the boots reach higher up on the leg a la guidi but the treatments are the best especially devastating on the pure black diagonal zips.

The hiking boots complete the concept of the collection but to me aren't anything really worth throwing down on. Unlike most of Carol's work, latex dipped hiking boots don't have a timelessness about them hehehe
    Yes it's got actual holes under the armpits.
    Half-moon shaped.
    It's also very very stiff.
    But to me it doesn't feel fragile...
    I worn it a hundred times by now and nothing happened.
    As Addict said i think the pants are different story.
    I tried a 46 (i am a 46 in everything else) in the invisiseam pant at A and could just squeeze myself in.
    But bending down would surely have ripped them!
    I would have bought a 48 pant but they sold out.
    So definitely go up a size in this and if you're broadshouldered maybe two.
    I probably could pull a 50 as well but it would quite relaxed i guess!

I got a 48 in the invisiseam jacket and even the 48 fits TIGHT.
    The seams are made of nylon thread (like fishing line as i'm sure you know)....
    It splits just a little in the back/arm seams to show whatever you're wearing under.
    But it's not "showy" in any way, just an intriguing effect.

It's unlined and made of a quite stiff fabric but it's not real thick if you know what i mean.
    It looks superslim on the body and the silhouette is to die for really.
    I think it's the best looking suit jacket Carol's made.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      yeah but i don't think the stuff will go on sale for at least a year
      anticipation increases desire. or not.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

my body must be fucking weird. everyone has said to size down on the invisiseam pants. i tried on the size 52 pants (i normally wear size 50) and they were too big.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• osn19
          • Feb 2007

The image of the new outfit has been deleted :(
          Could someone post it again please ?
          Originally posted by blacksuit
          wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• jamesd
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post
            Showroom pictures are what the photographer makes of them : buyer = poor photographer = poor pictures.
            True.

Might Carol be the type to control showroom photography sessions tightly, though? (maybe most designers do, I don't know, but it seems he would be more likely to). And, in that case, does he want a "poor" picture?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

i think in general showroom photography is done for the buyers to remember what they want to order or so they have something to recall.

The models constantly put on and take off pieces, outfits etc so the buyers can piece everything together and construct a cohesive buy.

That being said, at the same time I'm sure Carol doesn't want these "personal" (for store use only) photos put out as they would not represent how HE sees his collection.

The short answer is yes, Carol is wicked strict about the photo controlling (thus many photos of this coming year's stuff have popped up only to be taken down hours later). It does make me wonder why the japanese stores post photos way more though... I wonder if it's a language barrier thing.

PS- James, Step 1 is 6 days away (vomit.)... based on diagnostics and question banks I'm on track for a 230+. Just need to lock it in and buckle down!
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

the short answer is, all this smacks of elitism and may alienate not only potential, but existing customers as well.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  the short answer is, all this smacks of elitism and may alienate not only potential, but existing customers as well.

The prices are killing me for sure. I don't think I've purchase full-retail Carol for 7+ months now.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jamesd
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    i think in general showroom photography is done for the buyers to remember what they want to order or so they have something to recall.

The models constantly put on and take off pieces, outfits etc so the buyers can piece everything together and construct a cohesive buy.

That being said, at the same time I'm sure Carol doesn't want these "personal" (for store use only) photos put out as they would not represent how HE sees his collection.

The short answer is yes, Carol is wicked strict about the photo controlling (thus many photos of this coming year's stuff have popped up only to be taken down hours later). It does make me wonder why the japanese stores post photos way more though... I wonder if it's a language barrier thing.

PS- James, Step 1 is 6 days away (vomit.)... based on diagnostics and question banks I'm on track for a 230+. Just need to lock it in and buckle down!
                    Albert, thanks for the info.

230+, that's great! -- and I really thought the question banks were measurably harder than the actual test. Sounds like you're ready, so good luck! and try to relax a little (not much chance of that, though, right?)

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      This is the reason why in you I find a kindred soul, I thought about exactly this, and I find it to be really bordering on the absurd............at a certain point it really begins to get ridiculous, after all it may have a CCP label in it, but its not like the damn clothes have some kind of healing virtue in it!
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

doesn't this seem like vanity unbound? he doesn't want people to wear his clothes but does want to sell them. so is he selling them as art? erm, probably not, since he'll make a number of them, in different sizes, so that they fit people who, rather pathetically, want to actually WEAR them? clothes? being worn? by people? are they MAD?

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

You beat me too it, I was just thinking about this last night and was about to post something similar. If he doesn't want them worn, why didn't he go into art instead of clothes? He should just send his designs straight to MOMA rather than Atelier if it makes him sick to see people wear it.

RE: The invisiseam and "fear" with wearing CCP, doesn't it make the wearer sick that such expensive clothing may fall apart in the name of experimentation? It seems like designing in this manner only caters to the super rich (those he hates...) because who else can afford to purchase a $6000 fashion experiment that might rip to shreds when they bend over? This seems like exactly what people hate about Thom Browne. They both produce annual bread winners (grey suits, oxfords, or leather jackets and boots) the rest is experimental stuff that only makes sense to buy if you find thousand dollar bills in the cracks of your couch like it aint no thang.

Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the intellectual discourse contributed to fashion/design by the experiments of CCP (and Browne) but as clothes, I don't always get it. I especially don't understand the designer having disdain for those who can actually afford to take such risks on his experiments by wearing his clothes.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          doesn't this seem like vanity unbound? he doesn't want people to wear his clothes but does want to sell them. so is he selling them as art? erm, probably not, since he'll make a number of them, in different sizes, so that they fit people who, rather pathetically, want to actually WEAR them? clothes? being worn? by people? are they MAD?
                          music

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

i really wouldn't put ccp and tb in the same sentence, even more in the same context of discussion...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

If Scoute interviews Carol, I will send Lowrey a present myself.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Exaggeration, probably. Bullshit, I don't think so.

Originally posted by merz
                                i hereby call that bullshit.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍