X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

ionn, atleast show us a pic of you wearing it before/or even if you get rid of it! [:)] I'm sure Dark's boots will go up (one would hope), shoot, someone on Y! is selling them for $2,000! (eek)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

I know Casius, Albert has been asking that picture for ages... [:P] my fault.. as I mentioned before that I hardly wear it and taking a picture in front of the mirror inside the room will not do the jacket justice. On top of it, the jacket is in Taiwan and I am permanently stuck in Hong Kong for work so chances are it will be another 6 months before I get home to take a picture... geez.. that really makes the leather trench sound like a museum piece huh? hehehe... I am terrible..

I actually do hope that Dark's boots go up to at least original value.. I think it is good that someone is selling them for higher price... whether people are willing to take it at 2K prices is another story.. I would like to see that the clothing for CCP is really an artwork that does grow in value over time... and not depreciate like other clothings.. since he is producing such limited pieces.

I also recently just hunted down the soft leather version of the CCP black leather jacket... and it was an italian retailer..... the retailer screwed me over told me that they could declare a lower value, wire them the money and they send the item and now DHL is telling me that the declare the full value and I need to pay additional 1K USD in custom fee.. sheesh.. I am pissed... so now this CCP leather jacket is costing me more than an arm and leg... now it is one more arm.. [:'(]

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

I actually do hope that Dark's boots go up to at least original value.. I think it is good that someone is selling them for higher price... whether people are willing to take it at 2K prices is another story.. I would like to see that the clothing for CCP is really an artwork that does grow in value over time... and not depreciate like other clothings.. since he is producing such limited pieces.

I also recently just hunted down the soft leather version of the CCP black leather jacket... and it was an italian retailer..... the retailer screwed me over told me that they could declare a lower value, wire them the money and they send the item and now DHL is telling me that the declare the full value and I need to pay additional 1K USD in custom fee.. sheesh.. I am pissed... so now this CCP leather jacket is costing me more than an arm and leg... now it is one more arm.. [:'(]

[/quote]

Yea, for the most part his items seem to hold thier value, atleast more so than some designers.

And that stinks about your leather jacket, a $1,000 in customs, I would blow my top! Shoot,for that much, it's almost cheaper to fly there and pick it up. Hope it works out for you though.

Comment

• clay
          • Sep 2006

I would like to know if anyone can tell me about the tapes that CCP uses in his garments:

a)What are they made of?

b) Where can you get them?

c) Is there some industrial identification number or brand name attached to them?

d) How much do they cost?

**I asked around the garment district and none of the trim shops could tell me a thing.

But I see brands like DKNY and Helly Hensen using certain tapes on their garments.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Well, I'm pretty sure on some of CCP's pieces he uses what he calls 'leather taping', which I have never seen before in person. Although I have seen the regular taped pieces like the tank top, long sleeve shirt, etc. and it seems to be a plastic based tape that is applied over the seam then heat treated on. When I worked in the surfwear industry, the big new thing for boardshorts were 'seamless' boardshorts so they were smooth against the skin. The technology seems to be pretty much one in the same, only the boardshorts that were made had no stitching, the were 'glued' together.

Here is a website that sells the plastic based tape...

Hope this helps!

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Yes that really stinks about the 1K in the custom.. I agree.. It would have been nicer to fly out and just to get the damn VAT off... *sigh.. yes I hope it works out

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

I do not know what the tape is made out of but I know that the tape does not last that long. I think CCP was very interested in the temporal aspect of the cloth when he used the tape.

I have seen the used CCP garment that use the tapes.. and it start to peel and the construction start to fall apart.. and when you wear it, it looks like you are a poor man on the street who could not afford anything... so I would avoid buying the garment that has them.

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

The translucent leather boots look like they're made from old drumheads, it's fun. The color on the gloves is insane!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Yes Albert,

Thats EXACTLY the leather trench that I have. Man.. it is exactly to the point that even the fading of the color on the collar and on the pocket flap is the same.. .sheesh...how did you get that pic???

It is really an amazing trench.. although I have only worn it once and now it is sitting in my closet pretty.. hehehe.. I was thinking of selling it.. but I figure that I probably won't recoup the cost that I paid for... I was looking at Darkanimal's ebay listing of the boots.. man.. 600USD and he originally bought it for 1400USD and also got his sole done...

I want to wear the trench enough so that it actually moulds into the shape of my body.. but... it is always hot weather in Asia... so very rare chances to wear it...

[/quote]

Haha, Ionn, that's because it IS your coat. They are photos I took from your posting on tFS after your trip to L'Eclaireur.

It's such a strong coat, I don't know if I could pull it off hehe. But like you said... such a beautiful beautiful piece.

CCP items do tend to hold their value... but only in the right market. They pretty much NEVER sell well on ebay from what I've seen, but on yahoo auctions I've seen pieces go for crazy prices.

I think the brand that actually holds its value the best (at least in the last few years)is Dior Homme early collections.

Ionn, love to hear about all your other pieces as well! Reading back over the tFS threads saw that you had picked up a couple overlock shirts, a couple pair of pants and that coat during your trip? Great haul for sure!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Ionn, also sucks about the heavy heavy customs fees!

Was this through Lazzari? Or someone else?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

Oh dear... I must be getting old so fast... I can't even recognize my own photos... hehehe...

Yes I had a really amzing trip at L'ecleure.

Hmm.. actually surprisingly I called L'ecleure about two weeks ago and asking about CCP leather jacket and she was like.. oh.. you.. .I remember your voice and the guy who bought a lot of CCP.. heheheh.. how nice of her to remember me..

I love my overlock shirts... they are quite structure.. and you know ... I never really looked into the buttons until..when my very dear drycleaner handed back to me sheepishly my shirt and say.. I am sorry.... I broke your button and was not able to replace it. I was like.. what do you mean... it is just a button? She is like.. naw.. it is a very special button, made out of coral and hard to find matching colors.. thats when I realize that even the simple button is not 'so simple'.

I also got a few pair of pants, which again... I hardly wear.. It is again very solid in construction. Very sturdy in deed... but when one wears it ..... it feels like you do not have balls and saggy bottom.. very much like some of the pictures of the Jeans I have seen. I don't get to wear it because it is not appropriate for work..

You know L'ecleure was very good in terms of selection when I was there.. they had LOTS of styles to choose from BUT there is a catch.. not all the sizes.... they have also other very nice leather jacket .. that they have introduced me to it.. but I was only after CCP at that time... which is a shame because later I realize that they carry all these Cdiem and Julius too.. *sigh.. No vision I guess... but they had LOTS of crazy Japanese style clothes that were not my style... that was the main reason why that I didn't look into other stuff much.. plus I was literally on a 4 hour shopping spree... I blew like 20K in l"ecleure in 4 hours.. since I was in a rush to see other shops.. their service is outstanding. They even can send your cloth to your hotel.. so you don't have to carry it while you shop for other shops.. AMAZING... they also had the 'secret room' which is the furniture room that you can see int he video on men.style.com and that it was alot of old furnitures... and it was really amazing to see them in real life.. and the staff were explaining to me some of the furniture's history and how that it has gone through the world war II etc.. kind of creeps me out .. but .. again.. the furniture is also for sale... they can arrange to ship to which ever country you desire.. as long as you 'show me the money'

For Library.. very small shop.. they do have good selection of other designers.. but more trendy and cute style.. rather then 'edgy' for the lack of better words. They have dismal collection for Cdiem.. which is really disappointing and no one else in London carries it anymore.. it used to be Harvey Nichols but not anymore. When I were there.. they did have the overlock jacket, same version as this season..but thicker padded.. but in cream color... they were really friendly too.. but you know.. more commercial kind of way.. where as L'ecleure is really more homey feel.. they even offered me coffee at l'ecleure when I first went in within the 2 minutes they greeted me and allowed me to hold and sip while I browse the cloth(which a lot of retailers would really frown upon).

Anyway.. I digress... it should be about CCP and not shops... i would love to hear about your feedback albert on what both of the shops have this season... buy some more stuff for me will ya? if you have enough room in your luggage??? heheheheh

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the rundown Ionn! (also great to see another Taiwanese on this forum hehe)

I will definitely report back about The Library and L'Eclaireur. Most excited about the latter due to what I've garnered about their selection and because of the discount/on-the-euro whereas the pound is going to be a real shitter even with VAT.

No surprise that they're remember you, even at a place like that... 20k at once is a memorable thing!

Really can't wait to see what they have... if they have the wraparound boots I'm gonna flip! I'd like a pair of overlock gray pants too.... but we'll see.

I'm definitely interested in hearing about the secret room furniture as well. From the video it looks to be kind of weird hehehe.

It's a shame that you aren't able to wear a lot of the pieces you picked up!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thank you for the heads up Mike... I'm going to go in with an open mind but price will always factor in. The only items worth purchasing at full retail are those that really just will never ever show up on the used market.

...also gotta see how much of a discount I get due to VAT... something like 12% I've been told?

[/quote]

You surely mean with an open...

Albert, I think after the fees, you should still be able to get around 15% back with VAT.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Hey Albert, can you take a close look at stuff by Isaac Selaam Experience, when you are at The Library? I'd be curious to hear what you think.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

Thats funny Faust...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢