X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Thanks Jun. Although I subscribed and don't see it...I'm probably doing something wrong.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• KeijiHaino
      • Dec 2006

i dont see it either.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

A/W 07-08

The 'joints' on the garments look pretty cool, nice and subtle which is nice. The glove leather jacket looks rediculous! (in a good way) But I'm not quite sure of it's practicality....but it's cool, haha.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Oh my christ that glove leather jacket is the shit!!!! I'd wear it. No doubt about it hehehe. I wonder if he's repeating that glove concept with other pieces in the collection?

The joints are more subtle than I had initially thought (and that's a good thing hehe) and are quite lovely and simple.

So those rolls of dried clothes are actually just dried like that and you rehydrate them and re-dry them flat for wearing? That's what it seems like and that's.... awesome!

As I'm going on a buying hiatus after the CCP belt rug... I may be ready for a CCP leather jacket from this coming season when they hit stores. Screw the hot San Antonio weather. I'll wear the hell out of this!

Awesome photos Cas. When I saw the title to your entry, my heart skipped a beat. By far the most anticipated collection showing for me each season.

I'll try to get some price points from L'Eclaireur on wednesday... and then order from Lazzari later hahahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[QUOTE USER="Chinorlz"]Oh my christ that glove leather jacket is the shit!!!! I'd wear it. No doubt about it hehehe. I wonder if he's repeating that glove concept with other pieces in the collection?[/QUOTE]
            I'm pretty sure he's incorporating it into other things like knits and other jackets, at least that's the gist I got from Runner. I too also thought the joints were going to look a lot crazier, but I'm also happy to say they are very simple looking. They actually might make the garment a little more comfortable especially in terms of movement.
            Yea, finally getting some pics this morning made my day. Now I can't wait to see some more; Maybe of the pants and knits, I'm really excited to see what the knit pieces look like.

[QUOTE USER="Chinorlz"]I'll try to get some price points from L'Eclaireur on wednesday... and then order from Lazzari later hahahaha[/QUOTE]
            lol. Would be cool to get some price points. I contacted the Library as well and he said they would contact me once they get thier lookbook in the store.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Sweet... damn this man though, keeps forcing us to give him money with his lovely pieces.

I'm wondering what Carol's policy was this season in regards to the lookbooks seeing that L'Eclaireur got their to place orders and then had to return the book to Carol's atelier. The books themselves are lovely little works of art... I remember one being on ebay a number of months ago. I'd love to have one for my coffee table with its nice overlock binding and cool photography.

Regardless, I'll try to milk Rue Herold for all the CCP info I can get and report back. They seem to be very open about upcoming product information (MA+ boots for example) so maybe I'll get some new stuff to share here.

Definitely can't wait for more photos.... Carol would do nicely to post the lookbook on his main page. Gah.....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

That leather lacket looks great! It makes me think of some kind of alien insect with the thumb sticking out.I'm curious to see the pants as it's usually what I prefer from him. I was also considering getting a pair of his boots and my size is hard to come by on the second hand market so I can't wait to see this year's version....

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

That leather lacket looks great! It makes me think of some kind of alien insect with the thumb sticking out.I'm curious to see the pants as it's usually what I prefer from him. I was also considering getting a pair of his boots and my size is hard to come by on the second hand market so I can't wait to see this year's version....

[/quote]

Yea, that's why I'm not really liking it at this point. Of course the final test is seeing it in person, but this is a little too much in the RoboCop territory :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i agree with faust. i guess i have to separate the leather jacket as either a wearable piece or an 'art' piece. this particular jacket seems to fall in the latter category.

personally, this jacket is not something i would wear, and the leather seems a bit to 'fetish'-y for me. i'm sure the artisan ship is impeccable, but it's not really floating my boat.

however i'm eagerly anticipating his boots!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

/\

Haha, true. I like the way it looks judging by the picture, but then would I feel like wearing it? probably not.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

I can definitely see it falling into the art piece category. I think of his full length leather coats that way as well... the ones pictures earlier on in this thread are amazing but really too severe for daily wear.

The glove jacket in question is sort of in the middle for me... Poell leather looks so different in person than in photos and the fit/look is going to be something I'm really looking forward to seeing in regards to this piece and the other glove-y pieces this season to see if indeed they're kind of gimmicky as deuxmille said.

Ddohnggo, I too am lookin forward to seeing how he innovates his boots!

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

I'm also very interested in the footwear as well. From the descriptions Runner presented, it sounds like there is going to be a new buckle type boot which I am very eager to see.

I'm in the middle myself about the leather jacket. If what I'm picturing is true (the jacket's raglan wrist is big enough for all hands to fit through, therefore making the thumb part optional), I would love it. From the looks of it, the leather looks pretty tough/stiff, but I'm sure with time it would turn out great.

And yea, I really wish Carol would update his site.....

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I can definitely see it falling into the art piece category. I think of his full length leather coats that way as well... the ones pictures earlier on in this thread are amazing but really too severe for daily wear.

The glove jacket in question is sort of in the middle for me... Poell leather looks so different in person than in photos and the fit/look is going to be something I'm really looking forward to seeing in regards to this piece and the other glove-y pieces this season to see if indeed they're kind of gimmicky as deuxmille said.

[/quote]

Totally. If I was hired to do costumer for Matrix, you wouldn't see any of that Prada shit. It'd be all Poell.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Totally. If I was hired to do costumer for Matrix, you wouldn't see any of that Prada shit. It'd be all Poell.

[/quote]

It is kind of funny when people talk about how "outlandish" the style was in movies like that, especially when you've seen Poell's pieces. It really puts the rubber-fetish styling to shame.
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

haha i'd totally wear the jacket.

and yeah i really wish I had "borrowed" the last seasons lookbook from a small shop in osaka... i like how he incorporates the technique he uses for that particular season in putting together his lookbook.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎