Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rech
    • Apr 2009

Kangaroo always have a strong tone of brown.... it's really hard to dye this leather for what i've seen....
    And yes they are awesome.. i love the matching of the form and the leather... kangaro is really more soft than cordovan obviously....

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by holger View Post
      YES! they are perfect. i am looking for exact this model in black or darkgrey!
      I find these shoes in paris (le eclaireur)?
      Yes, I've seen them there, give them a call to know about the sizes available. But the leather quality (softer, but cheaper than earlier cordovan versions) has arisen debates earlier on this board.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Rech View Post
        Kangaroo always have a strong tone of brown.... it's really hard to dye this leather for what i've seen....
        the pics make them look more brown in my opinion, they are actually pretty solid grey, and very nice

Originally posted by holger View Post
        YES! they are perfect. i am looking for exact this model in black or darkgrey!
        I find these shoes in paris (le eclaireur)?
        please stop posting nonsense, all your posts are basically saying "I'm going to paris soon" and where to buy this or that. you'll see what they have when you're there.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Rech
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          the pics make them look more brown in my opinion, they are actually pretty solid grey, and very nice
          Oh yes! i dont wanna tell that there arent more grey... i just wanna tell that kangaroo leather is really hard to dye... and is almost impossible to "remove" the shades of brown of the leather.... IMO

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

the pic is totally color accurate for the boot
            sangiovese (a little non-descript)
            nice cut tho/

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

to me they look more red/brown in the pictures then in person
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                Thought I would post these for you guys. The kangaroo leather spiral zips. The colour has been described by EM as 'gunmetal' for want of a better term.

Touchdown. I wonder if Darklands bought them.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

kangaro is really more soft than cordovan obviously....
                  Kangaroo is famously soft, supple, and thin. It's why most of the great leather cleats are made from kangaroo leather, and indoor soccer shoes actually. Cordovan is famously tough, thick, and stiff. It's not just that it's more soft, it's that they're basically polar opposites. At least, barring some kind of experimental tanning nightmare they should be.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

I visited the studio of a local designer over the weekend and she had designed & created a bag out of kangaroo leather. The color was a solid black with no grey or brown undertones. In the tanning/dyeing process, she mentioned that it went through 2 different stages of dyeing in order to get the solid black tone.

She also showed me pieces of kangaroo leather that she had just gotten in...the skins were amazingly thin and were very soft & supple to the touch. The designer mentioned that she liked working with kangaroo as she could create a much lighter piece of garment than with other leathers like cow. We don't see as much of it being used as the hides are much higher in cost.

Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Beautiful boots definitely. I tried them on at L'Eclaireur and was surprised how soft they actually were. If I am going to buy CCP boots, I want them to hurt.

Comment

• Rech
                        • Apr 2009

Hi!
                        Yes! I havent told that it is impossible create a solid black.. but i told that you have to make more dyeing process....
                        Kangaroo it's really hard to dye if you wanna have a solid color....

Question: Mike.. there are at L'Eclaireur some other CCP boots/shoes in other leather (not cordovan..)???

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                        I visited the studio of a local designer over the weekend and she had designed & created a bag out of kangaroo leather. The color was a solid black with no grey or brown undertones. In the tanning/dyeing process, she mentioned that it went through 2 different stages of dyeing in order to get the solid black tone.

She also showed me pieces of kangaroo leather that she had just gotten in...the skins were amazingly thin and were very soft & supple to the touch. The designer mentioned that she liked working with kangaroo as she could create a much lighter piece of garment than with other leathers like cow. We don't see as much of it being used as the hides are much higher in cost.

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                          the pic is totally color accurate for the boot
                          sangiovese (a little non-descript)
                          nice cut tho/
                          The color is showing pretty accurate on my monitor as well.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                            Beautiful boots definitely. I tried them on at L'Eclaireur and was surprised how soft they actually were. If I am going to buy CCP boots, I want them to hurt.
                            I'm spending good money here! Where's the pain!?! haha...you're a sick man Mike.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah, my copa mundials are made from kangaroo and they are obviously (soccer) pitch black. Love them.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                                • Dec 2006

found these, from a store in Honolulu:

lighted pics help bring out the details, a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎