X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Picked up the asymmetrical cotton check shirt in grey with green checks.

It's very hard to tell the symmetry in the picture.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

What would that be??? funny they haven't mentioned it to me...

Actually L'eclaireur is pretty good in my experience.. just they have difficult time trying to speak english.. I am sure you can forgive them.. since they are 'french'

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Very nice casius... actually ..yes.. they can declare it as gift.. and you can ask them to declare it lower custom value... ie below $150USD.. so that you don't get hit with custom coming in.

The asian boy who work in the Library is pretty cute too... hahah.. and he used to live Germany.. so I think he knows how to speak German... Voila... there is my spill..

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

heheh. Yea Ionn, a man named Tony helped me and he said I won't get hit with any extra fees upon delivery. So I am crossing my fingers! I forgot to ask what shipping will cost though...lol...guess I'll find out.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

What would that be??? funny they haven't mentioned it to me...

[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote user="ionn26"]

Actually L'eclaireur is pretty good in my experience.. just they have difficult time trying to speak english.. I am sure you can forgive them.. since they are 'french'

[/quote]

I was actually just referring to email, have yet to actually call them but I'm sure they are a great store.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]heheh. Yea Ionn, a man named Tony helped me and he said I won't get hit with any extra fees upon delivery. So I am crossing my fingers! I forgot to ask what shipping will cost though...lol...guess I'll find out.[/quote]

"Tony" is that Asian guy [:D]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

Nice buy Casius! I tried on that exact same shirt about a week ago at the Library and it fit very well. Does anyone know if the Library puts Poell on sale at all?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]Nice buy Casius! I tried on that exact same shirt about a week ago at the Library and it fit very well. Does anyone know if the Library puts Poell on sale at all?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Do they put ANYTHING on sale? They have some rare stuff. Hey, sbw, how's London treating you? Have you been to Michiko Koshino's store, 59? It has some very interesting stuff.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                    • Feb 2007

Cas.. what I mean is that they pretty much took photos of what they have and showed it to me... so if there are anything that they have not show me.. I would have to call them up and start a rant on them that they don't want me to buy their CCP.. hehehe... just kidding... the shirt is a very nice pick up.. did it have the hard and thick stitching on the shirt like you see on the leather???When you mentioned that they have rare stuff... what are they???

As for L'ecleure.. yes again.. you need to call them rather than email.. Natalie is the person to talk to .. or Boris... they pretty much are in the store most of the time.

So I am dying to see the new collection.. anyone got any new pics????darn it.. all these time waiting.. *sigh

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Oh, heheh, I actually meant just rare compared to the states. Thier buy is a whole lot different then say A or Maxfield.

Yea, I'm waiting to see some Fall pictures as well, the ones from centocose were major teasers...

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="sbw4224"]Nice buy Casius! I tried on that exact same shirt about a week ago at the Library and it fit very well. Does anyone know if the Library puts Poell on sale at all?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Do they put ANYTHING on sale? They have some rare stuff. Hey, sbw, how's London treating you? Have you been to Michiko Koshino's store, 59? It has some very interesting stuff.

[/quote]

London's been great. It's much different working here rather than studying. I did check out the store. They're the one's who carry Julius, right? It was the first time I handled any Julius pieces. I tried on a jacket in a size 3, and it was very snug, and unfortunately that is the biggest size they carry. They also had a bunch of other interesting brands whose names escape me now. Definitely a good store, though.

It's upsetting seeing all the great sales happening in NYC! I'm missing out on some great opportunities, but I'm sure some will present themselves here as well.

Comment

• Tiger
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2006

According to JoJo from A, Mr Poell has created limited suits (only 15) exclusively for Atelier New York and will be available this coming fall.

(Until then, no more shopping for me...)

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Jun"]According to JoJo from A, Mr Poell has created limited suits (only 15) exclusively for Atelier New York and will be available this coming fall.

(Until then, no more shopping for me...)
                            [/quote]

Damn, I can't even imagine how much those will be. Can't wait to see them though!

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

Hmm.. next thing you know.. you will have all the retailers(that carries CCP) doing limited piece of certain things exclusively for them individually...The question leads to ... How exclusive can you get? Especially when all the retailers claim to be on the best terms with CCP. aka making the most order from CCP collection(ie Atelier, L'ecleure, Library just to name a few). That kind of takes away the 'exclusiveness' and also the uniqueness, don't you think?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]Hmm.. next thing you know.. you will have all the retailers(that carries CCP) doing limited piece of certain things exclusively for them individually...The question leads to ... How exclusive can you get? Especially when all the retailers claim to be on the best terms with CCP. aka making the most order from CCP collection(ie Atelier, L'ecleure, Library just to name a few). That kind of takes away the 'exclusiveness' and also the uniqueness, don't you think?
                                [/quote]

I just think that Carol, unlike most designers, is much more approachable, so the stores take advantage of it. You can't exactly go to Gucci (unless you are Barneys and Bergdorf) and say, "Can you do this exclusively for me?"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎