X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Faust.. I guess you might be right.. trust that retailers to be the shrewed business people to promote it as 'exlcusive' rather than.. ok.. let me do this for a fried.

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

well it gets even more exclusive when the SA's at these places only order the pieces for themselves and not to sell (i got the impression that it was common at lift etage)..

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Lord...oh well..

Comment

• KeijiHaino
          • Dec 2006

does anyone know how the CCP size 52 jackets and pants fit? shoulder measurements or waist sizes?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]does anyone know how the CCP size 52 jackets and pants fit? shoulder measurements or waist sizes?
            [/quote]

For this Spring season?

If so, they fit more or less like a regular size large (in the tops, not sure about the jackets) and the bottoms are fitting rather slim this season, I wear a 50 (I'm a regular 32") and the 50 is roughly around 16.5"-17" waist.

Hope this helps!
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Had to post this, it just sounds very interesting....Thanks goes to Runner on TFS.

A/W 07

"a differential feature of this collection is its humanoid function.
              it's exoskeletal, articulated.
              maybe it started with the idea how heavy and stiff material like cordovan can be worn.
              and they gave pieces joints, experimenting with object tanning.

the "object tanned" leather is about leather tanned after sewn completely.
              first, rawhide gets soaking wet to be macerated and flatter, then it is sewn.
              when it has dried, it doubles in thickness and threads get caught in leather, therefore the sewing gets dense and firm. at this point it has a peculiar baroque look about it.
              in the end it gets tanned on torso, last, etc, from which some three-dimensional effect results.

they used kangaroo leather (famous for its strength and softness) as joints of object tanned heavy leather,
              which they call "object tempered".
              for example, the object tanned corvovan pieces have kangaroo joints in shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle, instep, and around waist, crotch, etc.

also the designs like "glove sleeve" and "back raglan" cooperate in adding some cyborg/Schiele-esque feel to the clothes.
              back raglan is about a combination of set-in shoulders in the front and raglan sleeves in the back. it upheaves the shoulders nicely.
              and a sleeve and an open-topped mitten with only thumb column closed coalesce into one glove sleeve.
              it reminds me of a hero named Vega which was popular over here when I was a kid.
              it's like his right hand/arm in some way.
              but the look of his segmented shells and shadows (articulation) itself overlaps with the overall look of this collection.
              so maybe this is about elegant armor more than ever.
              there is lots of leather stuff object tanned or/and object tempered.
              on the whole, heavy leather gets object tempered
              while medium and light leather is only object tanned, which means crusts and joints are made of the same leather.
              for instance, o-tempered joint elbow/waist bomber jacket with back raglan and glove sleeves,
              o-tanned trousers, gloves, etc.
              the highlight could be an o-tempered retractable (or folding) hooded short coat.
              the hood goes like a convertible top, but when it is pulled down completely, it looks like some dark organism, say, myriapod.

then, those articulatory designs are extended and applied to the fabric classics like blazers, shirts...

twist thing was laid aside,
              and overlocking was slashed largely this time, but it's scantily inherited by knee-length denim "box trousers" etc.

there is a solid knitwear collection included.

as for silver, they did folding ruler necklace, biro necklace, and silver yarn shoelace neckpiece.

the goodyear cordovan boots/shoes in the usual styles basically come in three blacks of subtle difference, black, greyish black, and greenish black. you can tell it by the dye on the shoelace anyway since it's object-dyed.
              and they come with three types of soles: the normal double-layered, the single-layered made of extremely thick and heavy bull leather, and the tank sole.
              and some of the styles/soles have the uppers of either black cordovan reverse which looks sort of rugged in comparison with cordovan normally used,
              or cordovan (normal) of white/grey/black shades like dark clouds.
              the other styles include:
              four-front-buckled cap toe boots
              o-tanned ones with flextible ankles
              o-tempered ones with kangaroo flexible ankles and insteps

my faves were a blazer and trousers in the soft and fluffy fabric like dense and thick spiderweb,
              anything in heavy paper cotton, especially "box trousers" in that fabric,
              glove sleeve turtleneck sweater,
              back raglan joint elbow jacket knitted out of extremely thick, hard and heavy gunmetal yarn,
              joint crotch/knee cotton trousers,
              and the object tempered boots.
              the boots were nice and eerie, radiating quiet dignity. honestly the first pair from ccp that really possessed me."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

the post above is conducive to salivation. [:|]
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]the post above is conducive to salivation. [:|]
                  [/quote]

No kidding! I was thinking of buying some boots from Spring....but now I may wait, everything sounds pretty damn cool. Too bad pictures are near impossible to find.

Comment

• explicit
                    • Jan 2007

Oh dear god... I thought I was safe for a while. I'm going to have a wonderful/horrible fall it seems.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

So looks like Mattotti/Shelter 2 Japan picked up CCP for this F/W season.

After reading Runner's review of the collection, I am dying to see some pictures!

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                        • Dec 2006

does any know where the carol christian poell video is where they are floating down the river? its not on his site anymore. or youtube. thanks

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]does any know where the carol christian poell video is where they are floating down the river? its not on his site anymore. or youtube. thanks
                          [/quote]

It's not being hosted anymore. I tried to find it as well, but none of them worked.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                            • Sep 2006

i have it saved on my computer but i do not know how to upload it. if anyone knows please let me know and i will.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

I would assume you could just upload it to youtube. That would probably be the easiest way.

Comment

• Tiger
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2006

i was the one who hosted the video on youtube but supposedly carol himself or someone affiliated contacted youtube to kill the video. so youtube is no good.
                                i do have it up as my private video so if anyone wants to view it then just subscribe to me... youtube.com/uglydrawnboy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎