X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I personally wouldn't machine wash them to avoid scuffing etc especially if they have zippers, could leavy nasty marks. I've handwashed my guidis, it hardened the leather just a bit but they regained their softness after a couple of wears.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Oh weh mir
      • Oct 2008

Does anyone have any information regarding the fiberglass coat? This has intrigued me since I heard mention of it (around january I think) but in all the time that's passed there has been very little said.
      Originally posted by AVALANCHE
      is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Ivans On High
        Banned
        • Oct 2008

Guys, quick question on the fit of the spiral zips. How snug should the boot be? I went for my 'true' size (on the advice of the seller, and a stockist) for the 09 oiled cordovan and they seem a little roomy too me.

I don't have the opertunity to try on different sizes to guage the fit so thought I would ask your opinions. My understanding was they should be tight and constricting until worn in.
        Last edited by Ivans On High; 09-05-2009, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
          Guys, quick question on the fit of the spiral zips. How snug should the boot be? I went for my 'true' size (on the advice of the seller, and a stockist) for the 09 oiled cordovan and they seem a little roomy too me.

I don't have the opertunity to try on different sizes to guage the fit so thought I would ask your opinions. My understanding was they should be tight and constricting until worn in.
          These questions are closer to ones that should be asked in the inane questions thread... mostly because they've already been answered there.

As for washing the boots. I only know of one person who actually dunked them in water and that's because they were trying to shrink them down 1 size. They ended up certainly getting a bit smaller but more importantly they turned hard as a rock. Unwearable, immovable, forever frozen in a virgin state. Satoru showed them to me and it was awesome
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            As for washing the boots. I only know of one person who actually dunked them in water and that's because they were trying to shrink them down 1 size. They ended up certainly getting a bit smaller but more importantly they turned hard as a rock. Unwearable, immovable, forever frozen in a virgin state. Satoru showed them to me and it was awesome
            what is it in leather that affect this? I've washed some leather objects (guidi boots for example) and they've become a bit stiff but have loosened up with use, whereas I've managed to turn a certain leather object into pure concrete with cold water.

Ivans, what size did you get?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
              what is it in leather that affect this? I've washed some leather objects (guidi boots for example) and they've become a bit stiff but have loosened up with use, whereas I've managed to turn a certain leather object into pure concrete with cold water.

Not completely sure A. I read in random places that it's a heating of collagen within the skin and cooling "resets" this in a different form sort of like annealing metal or hardening metals.

Vegetable tanned leathers seem to be more sensitive to the whole cuirboulli process than other leathers. The more chemically treated leathers may be pretty resistant to the boiling process (hence the machine washable leathers a la Carpe).
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• black beach
                • Aug 2008

off hand, does anybody know how much the black dip-dye sneakers are going for at A?

and whether they're as ridiculous as they let on??

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by black beach View Post
                  off hand, does anybody know how much the black dip-dye sneakers are going for at A?

and whether they're as ridiculous as they let on??
                  $2550

just a note, despite it's incredulity, the trainers are meant to worn that way intentionally until the wearer becomes comfortable, just like any other challenge in ccp.

Comment

• black beach
                    • Aug 2008

ccp is really pushing the boundaries of what it means to be a fiscally responsible adult.

Comment

• loveless
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      These questions are closer to ones that should be asked in the inane questions thread... mostly because they've already been answered there.

that person boiled them, which is why they shrunk and became unwearable.

washing cordovan in warm to hot water will shrink them slightly, however eventually they will stretch out again. the most permanent effect of soaking and washing ccp boots is that they will lose any gloss and become matte.

fyi i think i posted a thread about what happens when u wash ccp boots in the dyi thread.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                        • Mar 2008

Black CCP Trainers

Does anyone know who else apart from A is carrying them in black (they don't have my size left)?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by black beach View Post
                          ccp is really pushing the boundaries of what it means to be a fiscally responsible adult.
                          or a self-respecting one for that matter.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ivans On High
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post

I got a size 10.

Comment

• cro426
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by loveless View Post
                              that person boiled them, which is why they shrunk and became unwearable.

washing cordovan in warm to hot water will shrink them slightly, however eventually they will stretch out again. the most permanent effect of soaking and washing ccp boots is that they will lose any gloss and become matte.

fyi i think i posted a thread about what happens when u wash ccp boots in the dyi thread.
                              I've dunked all my ccp boots in cold water in the bathtub. Then put blotting paper in them and left them next to the heater in my apt. They did tighten up a bit and then got soft again.

Comment

• The Archive
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cro426 View Post
                                I've dunked all my ccp boots in cold water in the bathtub. Then put blotting paper in them and left them next to the heater in my apt. They did tighten up a bit and then got soft again.
                                Is it better to air dry or put it by the heater? I might try it on a pair of my Augustas...the cordovan is so damn stiff!
                                Please contact us directly at: info@archivesf.com
                                follow us on Instagram: #thearchivesf

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎