Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trebre
    • Mar 2009

And btw i regard the noseam boots as the shit!

Comment

• Oh weh mir
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Trebre View Post
      As soon as you go with more than 2 shades in rest of outfit the grey ones are hard to match (even if they work great w dusty muted colours).
      I often end up wearing either scarf or layered shirt/tank in a shade close to the grey boot.
      Imho they need detail in rest of outfit matching.
      I second this, I have this problem with every piece of footwear I own that isn't black. I only own one pair of black boots, but I find I wear them more than any other because it's just so much easier to throw on. Easier than green/purple/black suede hi tops anyway...

Also, holger, The grey boots may undergo a somewhat noticeable color change over time, I would assume more so after washing (if you decide to wash them at some point). So go black, unless you're COMPLETELY comfortable getting both, that way if you tire of one you can put them in the classifieds at a very reasonable price.
      Originally posted by AVALANCHE
      is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Trebre
        • Mar 2009

^Thing with grey boots is that they seem soooo special and otherworldly (before you have them in a wardrobe that you're actually going to try to match&wear on an everyday basis) and the black ones are just another pair of black boots.
        Don't fall for the impulse to be somehow more special.
        It doesn't work that way.

But if you get the opportunity to see them/try both colours in person, and decide that you got enough black footwear already, then go for it man!

They also go darker with wear...
        They won't maintain this... undead skin type of sheen forever.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          BALLAR!
          haha not me, quite the opposite... but probably a few people around here..
          WTB: This

Comment

• courreges
            • Jul 2009

Where to kop the black cordovan boots?

Comment

• cda6
              • Aug 2009

Leathers.

Does anyone know how he gets the leather he uses? Is it from a special artisan, acquire it how the other designers do, or does he treat it himself? I have been really curious about this. Thanks for the info!
              (I hope this question hasn't been posted already, if so I am sorry)
              "What Remains is Future..."

Comment

• Aleks
                • Feb 2009

I'm sure that he has developed extremely close contacts with various dealers and does research to find where he can get new leather every year.
                I would like to know for myself though.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

CCP has no leather supplier. Every year, he goes hunting worldwide, kangaroos from Australia, horses from Basque country, donkeys in the Milanese neighboorhood... That explains the collections' legendary delays, not forgetting the time devoted to the eating of each hunted beast at the end of the object-dying ceremony.

;)
                  Last edited by BSR; 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                    • Aug 2009

"fist gloves"

Yeah, the fist gloves.
                    Does anybody know did he use quir boulli-technique and cast to make them, or was it all pattern?
                    modern man

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

doesn't Cuirboulli refer to completely hardened leather? I wouldn't imagine that working too well in gloves
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                        • Aug 2009

true.

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                        doesn't Cuirboulli refer to completely hardened leather? I wouldn't imagine that working too well in gloves
                        That's true and propably not the best idea for gloves.
                        You can also do cuirboulli without the leather getting totally hard. I don't know if it's cuirboulli anymore, but at least you have shapes and keep the softness.
                        I was really interrested, if the gloves are done sort of like this or just really clever pattern making.
                        modern man

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          CCP has no leather supplier. Every year, he goes hunting worldwide, kangaroos from Australia, horses from Basque country, donkeys in the Milanese neighboorhood... That explains the collections' legendary delays, not forgetting the time devoted to the eating of each hunted beast at the end of the object-dying ceremony.

;)
                          especially at the highlighted
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

where is albert???

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

^ check your e-mail mesh :)

I believe these gloves were constructed normally and then boiled and placed on a hand form to quick dry. Prolonged boiling of leather and then allowing it to dry relatively quickly generates very stiff structure that can initially be shaped. A lot of these folks that do medieval reenactments use this technique to shape forearm/armor panels for wearing.

The result is a borderline wearable piece that functions more as art than anything else. I've handled these before and you can maaaaaybe move the fingers just a tad. Certainly you can force them but then you'll end up with a very expensive 4 finger glove instead.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Ivans On High
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2008

Has anyone tried machine washing their boots as mentioned in the 'instructions'?

What is the effect?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎